Login

russian armor

Supply - in-game currency

PAGES (16)down
6 Feb 2015, 18:45 PM
6 Feb 2015, 18:46 PM
Coder Red Badge

Accuracy is multiplicative, not additive. It's like IpKai says, 3% increase is a 1.03x modifier on the accuracy value.
6 Feb 2015, 18:46 PM
Benefactor 115

crawler its not +0.03 to the accuracy value its x1.03, your assumption is incorrect.

you can check this in the attribute files under upgrades\intelbulletins

most of the bulletins apply multiplicative effects.
6 Feb 2015, 18:47 PM

+1 to Inverse.
It's not being entitled to tell a company that you disapprove of a business model, even if it's just hypothetical at this point. I want Relic to make a pile of money; I want a larger player base; I want to see a CoH3; I love this franchise; I don't want to be nickle and dimed.

I have never played a game where a durability or item recharge mechanic was fun or engaging. It always feels tedious and like work just to maintain stuff you already have. I'd rather feel like I'm working towards something rather than against something (item wear).

As mentioned, micro transaction models (like DotA 2) that offer asthetic changes which don't Impact core gameplay and make players feel like special snow flakes are far healthier for a game in the long run than things like item wear which just wear players out.
6 Feb 2015, 19:40 PM

some extra lines from the .ucs file

11084914 Durability is an indicator of item health. Once the durability of an item reaches zero, that item cannot be reused until it has been repaired.
11084915 Repairing an item adds durability to it at the cost of Supply. Once the durability of an item reaches zero, that item cannot be reused until it has been repaired.
11084916 Salvaging an item converts an item’s durability back into supply.

Ahh, forgive me, I missed the line in the ucs that said durability was going to apply to your paid commanders and that you would have to re-purchase them with real money on a regular basis.

6 Feb 2015, 19:57 PM
Benefactor 115

you're right. It doesn't say this in the UCS but last time they did implement a system like that you did have to use real money to keep your items working.

There is precedent for this and I really hope they do not go down this road because that game didn't last long for that very reason. That's all most detractors are asking for but I guess I'm just entitled for not wanting a company to repeat mistakes they made in the past.
6 Feb 2015, 20:22 PM

Instead of giving hints, isnt it better and much easier if you just tell us?

That would be breaking my NDA, no. If I broke my NDA Sega legal would come after me. They have teeth. They read my public posts. Worse, is that the already poor communication between Relic and community would get more terrible. Further, I'd be breaking peoples trust that they put into me.

No.
6 Feb 2015, 20:29 PM

you're right. It doesn't say this in the UCS but last time they did implement a system like that you did have to use real money to keep your items working.

There is precedent for this and I really hope they do not go down this road because that game didn't last long for that very reason. That's all most detractors are asking for but I guess I'm just entitled for not wanting a company to repeat mistakes they made in the past.

I don't take issue with you stating that you hope it doesn't go down that road and that they don't push a carbon copy of the failed COHO system. (I would be extremely pissed myself if they took away my paid commanders.)

What I do take issue with however is bashing Relic over your extrapolated worst case scenario.

All I'm looking for is to clarify that you don't have near enough information to make some of the claims you have made, and as a result have made some comments about Relic that are at best disingenuous.
6 Feb 2015, 20:49 PM

All I'm looking for is to clarify that you don't have near enough information to make some of the claims you have made, and as a result have made some comments about Relic that are at best disingenuous.

2 Options:

1.) System gets implemented and you do not gain (enough) ingame currency through playing, so you HAVE to pay real money to keep your bulletins going if you want to have them all the time (lets exclude commanders, because i doubt that commanders would degrade)
2.) System gets implemented and you DO gain enough ingame currency to sustain your bulletins.

Case 1 is bad, i guess we all agree on that. Case 2 factually doesn't change anything about the status quo, so relic wouldn't get any money. Which case seems more likely?
6 Feb 2015, 20:55 PM

Im just ignoring all this hatred and i am going to be like Relic! Im gonna be excited! ;)

As somenbjorn stated, the game is right now Stale and boring. This, combined with war effort, the custom commanders, maybe some F2P model, that allows us some bigger playerbase, could really give this game the direction it has been looking for for so long.

Lets just wait and see what is going to happen. Lets keep the bashing until they actually officially tell us what they are doing. Who says this is a final description? ;)
6 Feb 2015, 21:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Just want to point out that Relic likes to announce new features a few weeks before their release. So if you want to discuss this stuff it's better to do it now, because after the announcement it's probably going to be too late.
6 Feb 2015, 21:12 PM

8 Pages already ... :help:

What will happen if those few lines in that file are about something new for singleplayer? :huhsign:
6 Feb 2015, 21:12 PM
Benefactor 115

On this issue exactly. You're right I don't have enough information. However having dealing with them for eight years I can't trust them to do the right thing all the time and naturally think the worst.

As somenbjorn stated, the game is right now Stale and boring. This, combined with war effort, the custom commanders, maybe some F2P model, that allows us some bigger playerbase, could really give this game the direction it has been looking for for so long.

How about just making the core game better? The current strategies are just so strong that you can't vary your play style at all. Soviets have some room for variation but it still revolves around using a call in commander.
6 Feb 2015, 21:18 PM

It will make the game different, with a chance of being better.

Anyone who thinks the game has no chance to be better from these changes are too mired in the past.

But, it's a very careful thing, and Relic/Sega hasn't shown they can do that.

Free to Play is happening, none of these changes would work without it. And these changes are happening. The question isn't whether you raging against it will do anything, but rather how you can guide it into something that plays better.
6 Feb 2015, 21:25 PM

2 Options:

1.) System gets implemented and you do not gain (enough) ingame currency through playing, so you HAVE to pay real money to keep your bulletins going if you want to have them all the time (lets exclude commanders, because i doubt that commanders would degrade)
2.) System gets implemented and you DO gain enough ingame currency to sustain your bulletins.

Case 1 is bad, i guess we all agree on that. Case 2 factually doesn't change anything about the status quo, so relic wouldn't get any money. Which case seems more likely?

Option 3: System gets implemented and you get to keep purchased commanders/skins/bulletins forever, or you can use currency earned in game to purchase/upkeep degrading commanders/skins/bulletins. Combined with a whole bunch of cool new stuff.

Relic doesn't alienate people that have already purchased stuff by taking it away, and gives a free avenue for players who don't want to pay for stuff to still get it by playing the game.

Each of these 3 are equally plausible from what little actual information we have.

If you are going to speculate, atleast consider all possible avenues, not just the ones that give you a reason to talk shit about Relic.
6 Feb 2015, 21:38 PM

I think relic has the sense to know coho didn't pan out and not to emulate it. Furthermore, I think relic is going to shake things up while trying to find a more continuous funding stream for their five year plan since paid dlc commanders didn't pan out either. They need more money to continue working on this game than simply new sales, since it's no longer new and shiny and $60 bucks a pop. They are running a business. Stating you are entitled to all content since you paid for the game is either naive or entitled. I think they are entitled to try new ways to keep earning money, and by doing so continue to work on this game we all love. I'd much rather get nickel and died a bit than buy a new $60 FIFA or Madden every year with no intelligible difference from the last. This boils down to this.... If you want them to continue working on this outdated title you will have to pay them to do it. If we don't then they will be forced to produce something else to keep making money. Basic business.

Now we can quibble over the way they go about finding this new funding stream, but ultimately they will do whatever they want and anything we say means little. How much money they make will decide their next step. I heard lots of forum warriors moan over AA, but from everything I've seen it was successful. Do not forget they are a business and in business it all gets down to the bottom line. Everything else is secondary.
6 Feb 2015, 21:47 PM

I think relic has the sense to know coho didn't pan out and not to emulate it. Furthermore, I think relic is going to shake things up while trying to find a more continuous funding stream for their five year plan since paid dlc commanders didn't pan out either. They need more money to continue working on this game than simply new sales, since it's no longer new and shiny and $60 bucks a pop. They are running a business. Stating you are entitled to all content since you paid for the game is either naive or entitled. I think they are entitled to try new ways to keep earning money, and by doing so continue to work on this game we all love. I'd much rather get nickel and died a bit than buy a new $60 FIFA or Madden every year with no intelligible difference from the last. This boils down to this.... If you want them to continue working on this outdated title you will have to pay them to do it. If we don't then they will be forced to produce something else to keep making money. Basic business.

Now we can quibble over the way they go about finding this new funding stream, but ultimately they will do whatever they want and anything we say means little. How much money they make will decide their next step. I heard lots of forum warriors moan over AA, but from everything I've seen it was successful. Do not forget they are a business and in business it all gets down to the bottom line. Everything else is secondary.

Be 14.
Buy Quake 2. Unlimited mods/maps for free
Be 30
Be naive and entitled to think I should actually have content for the game I paid 60$ for.

You entitled scums.
6 Feb 2015, 22:07 PM

Can you not currently play? I've gotten my 60 bucks out of it. They can't work on it forever, only as long as it makes more money than it costs to produce. Econ 101 son

You got what you paid for. They are producing new stuff and will charge money for it. It's quite a simple concept. Why would Relic pay coders to make new stuff that Relic couldn't make money off of. It's a business. You can start a game dev/charity, but this is about the economics of video games.
6 Feb 2015, 22:14 PM

Can you not currently play? I've gotten my 60 bucks out of it. They can't work on it forever, only as long as it makes more money than it costs to produce. Econ 101 son

Good point. Treat your playerbase like thai hookers. Lie and deceive. Demand money for all your hard work and micro transact the life out of the few people left.

This is the course they should have taken, Son.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV9xFtchPts
6 Feb 2015, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 22:14 PMGdot

Good point. Treat your playerbase like thai hookers.

For the record I never got any stds from relic. Just because avast thought so doesn't make it true.

Seriously though, tell me why they should continue to produce new content if there is no monetary incentive. It's foolish.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS