Login

russian armor

Supply - in-game currency

PAGES (16)down
5 Feb 2015, 19:35 PM

Sorry fellas but I have to agree with papa bear. Sounds like a bunch of whining to me. Relic is a .... business. Businesses exist to .... make money. Since you all know so much start your own studio using your own view of "fair" economics and make awesome games. Basing all these notions on two lines of code is silly. Chill out. Relic has made mistakes but so have you. Relic will charge money for new stuff and you don't have to buy it. I personally have enough faith in them to keep buying their new stuff. If you want to ride relic into the ground then may I suggest you're in the wrong forum. We're coh2 fans here. Admittedly some more optimistic than others.
5 Feb 2015, 19:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

SPECULATION!

RUMOUR!

INNUEDO!

BUT FIRST, THIS JUST IN, MORE SPECULATION!
5 Feb 2015, 19:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Way too many assumptions. Calm down people. I feel like when ever we learn something new. the instant reaction is negetive.

I cant wait to be the on saying " I told you so" when u are completely wrong and look stupid
5 Feb 2015, 20:12 PM

I think it's important to voice discontent as soon as it arises so that the company in question can have a chance to reconfigure their position on something.

I remember when the game was in open beta and people were asking why SLI support wasn't available I was one of the guys who kept saying "Calm down. SLI was in the first CoH, the sequel will have it too, no problem. It's just beta."

Well, turned out that people's concerns were valid. SLI never came to CoH 2 and major optimization wasn't done until over a year later.

People need to express their concerns. Yes, Relic is a business, but if the majority of users won't support the practice, how are they going to make money?
5 Feb 2015, 20:13 PM
Benefactor 115

I lost interest in CoH2 the moment... blah, blah , blah... bad design, greedy company, not as strategic, no global upgrades, Pay to win, not competitive, UI that's different, "low" framerates...blah blah blah

For someone that has lost interest in the game you sure like to come here on a regular basis and beat the same old drums. To be honest, your negativity is getting old. I don't think there is an upside to that part of your presence in these forums. It's not making your friends, and I don't think the developer is listening to you. You're just kind of telling people their hobby/passion/interest sucks.

Imagine this wasn't a forum, but a sports bar in Boston. Right now, you're acting like the loud Yankees fan that's coming in and talking trash about the Red Soxs.

Don't get me wrong, I think the forums is a better, more interesting place because of your participation. Stay, have a beer, post on topics... However, I think it might be a good idea to tone down the negativity.
5 Feb 2015, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 20:13 PMDucati

For someone that has lost interest in the game you sure like to come here on a regular basis and beat the same old drums. To be honest, your negativity is getting old. I don't think there is an upside to that part of your presence in these forums. It's not making your friends, and I don't think the developer is listening to you. You're just kind of telling people their hobby/passion/interest sucks.

Imagine this wasn't a forum, but a sports bar in Boston. Right now, you're acting like the loud Yankees fan that's coming in and talking trash about the Red Soxs.

Don't get me wrong, I think the forums is a better, more interesting place because of your participation. Stay, have a beer, post on topics... However, I think it might be a good idea to tone down the negativity.

How do I upvote this post? I am clicking random things but nothing is happ-- *is disconnected*
5 Feb 2015, 20:24 PM
Coder Red Badge

Nice quote ;)

I'm here because I've been a part of CoH for 6 years, a lot of the people I talk to online and play games with I met through CoH, and I have a lot of vested interest in the franchise. I've always been constructive in my criticism of CoH2. If something is good (observer mode, PQ's work, new decal system, etc.), I say it's good; if something is bad, I say it's bad, I do my best to articulate why I think it's bad, and I welcome criticism of that reasoning. If you disagree with the substance of any remarks I've made, please, make a counterpoint and perhaps we can have an interesting discussion. There's been some interesting discussion in this very thread, in fact, before you sadly veered us off-course. It just so happens that I feel there is more to criticize in CoH2 than there is to praise, but to cherry-pick the criticism from the rest of my comments is fairly deceptive.

Still, thank you for your input, your misleading quotation, and your off-topic remark :)
5 Feb 2015, 20:28 PM

SPECULATION!

RUMOUR!

INNUEDO!

BUT FIRST, THIS JUST IN, MORE SPECULATION!

That's why they don't tell us shit... calm down people.
5 Feb 2015, 20:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 20:28 PMRMMLz

i'd argue this is what happens when you don't tell people shit.
5 Feb 2015, 20:35 PM

ALL HAIL NIGOD :snfAmi:
5 Feb 2015, 20:36 PM

But I like it the last two days. :lol:

The forum community behaves like a group of chicken when the fox enters their cabin... :D

...Damned, is that the right translation for that german saying? :p
5 Feb 2015, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 20:35 PMWiFiDi

i'd argue this is what happens when you don't tell people shit.

Well I'm not defending their policies regarding the whole NDA thing and communication, I'm just saying even now that they are trying to communicate and be more open (even a teeny tiny bit) some people are still TOO NEGATIVE. I mean, just throw them a bone.
5 Feb 2015, 20:41 PM
Coder Red Badge

I'd say it makes more sense to express concern with a potential upcoming feature before it's actually implemented and released than to wait until it's done and shipped and you're stuck with it.

For a community based around a discussion board, there sure is a lot of resistance to actual discussion.
5 Feb 2015, 20:52 PM

Yes, this is all speculation, but sill.

This "supply" feature is a textbook description of the "white elephant" concept. Siamese kings "gifted" an elephant to their courtiers who had rendered themselves obnoxious in order to ruin the recipient by the cost of its maintenance.

I have no issue with relic making money, as long as they don't take us for bloody idiots and rip us off. I will buy skins and decals but if they are permanent.

I side with Ipkaifung & Inverse on this feature. I really don't like it at all, it reeks.

Yet I could not care less for cosmetic items, if this system is implemented I just would not use the supply mechanic and ignore the degradable cosmetic decals and skins. I already disregard warspoils, if a sincerely want/need a commander, I'll buy it.

However, what truly aggravates me is this scoop on custom commanders! What a bloody stroke genius Relic! Let players create their own commanders, surely this will not aggravate the already appalling balance issues the game is plagued with. Someone will come up with the best custom commander and everyone will abuse use that "build". Here I want a commander with vehicle smoke canisters, recon run, transfer munitions to fuel, stuka bombing run and Tiger Ace.

No wonder Peter Qumsieh jumped ship. Smart fellow, I pity the fool who becomes the next balance designer at Relic. 4 factions to balance, plus, give or take, 100 commander combinations per faction to balance. In what world is that going to work.

The issue I take with Relic is that they don't really know what kind of game they want to service, and that's the reason Company of Heroes 2 is not living to it's full potential, which is huge by the way.

I play CoH 2 because I'm into RTSs. And frankly there are not a lot out there. Then Relic puts a levelling system into CoH 2, then a loot system, and now it seems they are aiming for a freaking maintenance/crafting system and also a class customization system.

This sounds like a bloody MMORPG, and there is a reason I play RTS... because I vigorously hate MMORPGs and all that useless grinding.

You want levelling in a RTS: Gives us a proper ranking system based on hierarchical leagues.
You want to experience progression and character development in an RTS: Give us the ability to track the leaderboards and ladders in-game and see how many ranks with progressed with that last win.
You want customization on an RTS: Give us skins and decals we can buy, not commanders dropping through an RNG loot system.
Nobody should want grinding to be implemented into an RTS. But everyone should want a reconnect feature for a multiplayer RTS.
And if you want custom class builds in an RTS, frankly make a mod and play it with your mates.

This is as absurd as Valve allowing custom heroes on Dota 2. CoH 2 will never be an competitive title if they implement custom commanders. Period.

If relic stick to their guns and designed CoH 2 with the old, tested and tried RTS basics they pioneered with Dawn of War and vCoH, CoH2 would be a gem of an RTS. Instead they want to reinvent the wheel, straying afar from what made the CoH franchise the best RTS ever in the first place; and partaking into the "rpgfication" of an RTS in order to emulate MOBAs.

This game has a serious identity crisis.
5 Feb 2015, 20:53 PM

they don't tell us shit...

This is EXACTLY why people speculate.

We love this game, we want it to improve, we want it to steal our TIME and not MONEY, meanwhile we are finding 'evidence' of exactly the opposite and are kept in dark for weeks, months without ANYTHING to look forward to.

We are hungry, we know they have food and we are being constantly repeated that they are excited about this next dish they want to serve, but they won't let us even smell it, because we'd go apeshit crazy or something. And the reality? We're starving so much that some of us break away and look for food somewhere else(abandoning coh2, looking for next game).

We had greatly anticipated and equally greatly disappointing patch, new things were found in the files and trying to get informations out of relic is harder then reasoning with Putin.
5 Feb 2015, 20:55 PM
Senior Editor Badge

5 Feb 2015, 20:56 PM

I'd say it makes more sense to express concern with a potential upcoming feature before it's actually implemented and released than to wait until it's done and shipped and you're stuck with it.

For a community based around a discussion board, there sure is a lot of resistance to actual discussion.

I totally agree, a good discussion has a great value, and I hope relic realizes that. People sometimes Brainstorm in the forums, bring up some interesting arguments and all of this could actually help the development, But the sad point is at the end, a lot of false negativity (not actual criticism) come up and it really pisses me off.
5 Feb 2015, 20:59 PM
Benefactor 115

5 Feb 2015, 21:07 PM

100% Agreed.

However there is a distinct difference between expressing concerns about potential implementation, and claiming that something is terrible before you actually know much at all about it.

Pointing out the difference, and pointing out the fact that there is no way you could actually know how it will be implemented isn't exactly my definition of stifling discussion.
5 Feb 2015, 21:19 PM
Coder Red Badge

Of course, but Relic has set a precedent with their previous foray into this particular arena, and attacking those who bring up the company's previous implementation of an extremely similar system (same names, descriptions, etc.) doesn't make much sense to me either.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS