Login

russian armor

Custom commanders?

PAGES (8)down
6 Feb 2015, 00:26 AM

explains withhy they been so quite lately, maybe march with new content?
6 Feb 2015, 01:32 AM

I support innovation like this, but not the constant torrent of DLC being thrown at us that this includes.

It would be perfectly fine to give us the option to create commanders with all of the commander abilities we already had, but not get charged for something I consider an apology for poor game mechanics and extortionist DLC policy.
6 Feb 2015, 02:03 AM

I have another concern;

What happens to the default commanders?

Are they now entirely and 100% outclassed by custom commanders?

Why would I ever pick spearhead when I can replace splitterbomb with stuka dive bomb and use 'custom spearhead'?

Or, replace G-43 rifles with recon overflight in Elite Troops?

(not 100% a rant post, I'm genuinely interested in how this might work)

It is likely that

• Existing commanders will contain some abilities not assignable to custom commanders
  • Will contain combinations not possible in custom commanders
6 Feb 2015, 02:04 AM

I support innovation like this, but not the constant torrent of DLC being thrown at us that this includes.

It would be perfectly fine to give us the option to create commanders with all of the commander abilities we already had, but not get charged for something I consider an apology for poor game mechanics and extortionist DLC policy.

That have been giving you free shit since you've started playing
6 Feb 2015, 04:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 02:03 AMdbmb

It is likely that

• Existing commanders will contain some abilities not assignable to custom commanders
  • Will contain combinations not possible in custom commanders

3: Would be more efficient than custom commanders as you get a "package discount"; so you cannot duplicate an existing commander by custom building
6 Feb 2015, 08:09 AM

I hope that getting abilities for commander will hard and it will take a time.
Yea, sure you can make your own commander but you have only low CP, and useless abilities so you must use defualt ones.

Point is, it should be very, very hard to get all abilities you want.
the grind is never fun. Plus that puts players who play and play and play at an advantage over more casual players.
6 Feb 2015, 08:36 AM

the grind is never fun. Plus that puts players who play and play and play at an advantage over more casual players.

But you have same abilities in deafult commanders so it's not like someone has something you don't.
Still better than buying for money.
Maybe Relic will release something like market where you can exchange for abilities?
6 Feb 2015, 08:42 AM

There sould be some rules:

- Commander abilities that are not allowed to appear in the same doctrine
and
- Each ability should value a number of points. The most valuable abilities or powerfull abilities should value more points and the weakest or those that are almost useless, less points. You will have then a limited number of points to build a custom commander, and if you exhausted them, you cannot purchase other abilities in order to obtain the standard number (5).

For instance "mechanized grenadier group" should value 1 point:foreveralone: while Tiger Ace call-in should value 4 points and the maximum number of points you can use is 7.... "rapid conscritpion" should value 1 point, while recon overflight should value 2... and so on.

Of course this system needs some time to be implemented corectly but it should work. Also, it would be a proof of individual builder's brains (or lack of) and experience. :snfCHVGame:
6 Feb 2015, 13:04 PM

and
- Each ability should value a number of points. The most valuable abilities or powerfull abilities should value more points and the weakest or those that are almost useless, less points. You will have then a limited number of points to build a custom commander, and if you exhausted them, you cannot purchase other abilities in order to obtain the standard number (5).

For instance "mechanized grenadier group" should value 1 point:foreveralone: while Tiger Ace call-in should value 4 points and the maximum number of points you can use is 7.... "rapid conscritpion" should value 1 point, while recon overflight should value 2... and so on.

Of course this system needs some time to be implemented corectly but it should work. Also, it would be a proof of individual builder's brains (or lack of) and experience. :snfCHVGame:

Would work well if they did this, I hope it's something along those lines.
6 Feb 2015, 13:52 PM

and

Or how about that: there shouldn't be useless abilities. Those that are UP should be buffed and those that are just bad idea - redesigned or removed and replaced.
6 Feb 2015, 14:18 PM

and

That's why they have labeled the abilities "Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary etc." So I assume Tiger Ace would be legendary. But I think what you suggest is easier to implement and balance, because some abilities might be Legendarier (!) compared to others, and they can easily increase/decrease ability's value.
6 Feb 2015, 14:22 PM

I have always dreamed of useless/situational/underdog abilities being combined into one semi-useful, and by doing this you would end up with only 3-5 different commanders with all having unique abilties, instead of having five panzer tacticians and four tiger commanders for instance.

Just as an example, you could take at gun camo, armored vehicle detection and conscript at grenade assault and make one single ability from those called "at tactics" or something more fancier.
6 Feb 2015, 16:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Depending on how they execute this,it could either be the turnaround or the nail in the coffin for COH2.At least for me
7 Feb 2015, 00:12 AM

I am pessimistic about these changes and how it will affect the already poor balance of the game.
7 Feb 2015, 00:20 AM

Custom commanders may kill the game entirely. I cant wait for all the whining posts from the optimists.
7 Feb 2015, 00:53 AM

and

You mean like Recon + Stuka? :snfBarton:
7 Feb 2015, 00:59 AM

You mean like Recon + Stuka? :snfBarton:

It wouldn't matter. If not recon plane + stuka it will be recon pass + stuka or, recon + CAS AT strafe,
or recon pass + light arti. Not to mention that in team games almost always someone rolls a recon.
Flare is particularly potent.
7 Feb 2015, 01:05 AM

Usf:
IR pathfinders
The ability to spam light at mines
1919s
ez8s
P47

Ost:
Stun nades
G43s
Pak43
Supply drops
Tiger

Sov:
Shocks
Recon
For mother Russia
B4
IS-2 or ISU

OKW:
MG42
Pak43
Oh wait they already have that :snfPeter:

Fun times ahead boys
7 Feb 2015, 13:02 PM

Usf:
IR pathfinders
The ability to spam light at mines
1919s
ez8s
P47

Ost:
Stun nades
G43s
Pak43
Supply drops
Tiger

Sov:
Shocks
Recon
For mother Russia
B4
IS-2 or ISU

OKW:
MG42
Pak43
Oh wait they already have that :snfPeter:

Fun times ahead boys

Abilities like P47, E8s, B4 and ISU are probably in the "Legendary" category so you are not gonna be able to create e commander like that, unless your post is sarcastic so why not shocks, guards, Recon, IS2 and B4 Kappa.
7 Feb 2015, 14:56 PM

I hope that custom commanders won't be as powerful like default ones.
My point is, if custom will be powerful, no one will use stock so stock commanders should offer combination which custom can't get like T34/85+IS2 or Mark Target+ISU or Tiger+JU. This would make default commanders still very useful, but stock ones will be more flexible.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 13
unknown 4
Netherlands 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %