Login

russian armor

The Community and Relic.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
28 Jan 2015, 12:43 PM

It's interesting that this approach is being taken with Relic... because Sega's other big strategy franchise (Total War) hasn't got anywhere near as much red tape as CoH does it appears...
28 Jan 2015, 12:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

"Don't ask what RELIC can do for you, but what you can do for RELIC"

by someone in Canada or Quebec.

28 Jan 2015, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 12:44 PMnigo
Don't ask what RELIC can do for you, but what you can do for RELIC.

by someone in Canada or Quebec.

Hi Relic, what can we help you with?
Sorry, can't tell you. We're under NDA
28 Jan 2015, 12:46 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 12:44 PMdpfarce

That being said, it is also unfortunately possible, albeit less likely, that Cynthia is just a terrible community manager.

She does what she can do and what she is allowed to do by her bosses. I wouldn't say that she's a bad community manager man.
28 Jan 2015, 12:50 PM

I wouldn't say that she's a bad community manager man.

She's a woman, Kristof. A community manager woman.
28 Jan 2015, 12:53 PM

Found this in comment section on Relic's facebook
Dennis Lowe: "Relic needs to crowdfund the purchase of itself from Sega"

lol
28 Jan 2015, 12:55 PM
Patrion 14

She's a woman, Kristof. A community manager woman.

Thanks for clarifying that. I guess D:
28 Jan 2015, 12:56 PM

Thanks for clarifying that. I guess D:

It's an easy mistake to make. Apparently I am often mistaken for a big girl.
28 Jan 2015, 13:02 PM

She does what she can do and what she is allowed to do by her bosses. I wouldn't say that she's a bad community manager man.

While I believe your correct, there is no 'hard evidence' regarding your statement. We only assume, and logically so, that Relic's NDA also applies to her work. But we haven't read her employment contract, and 90% of us haven't read Relic's NDA.

In any case, I'm sure advertising streamers on facebook isn't part of NDA.

On a slight tangent here, Riot Games also has quite an NDA policy. Among other things that really annoyed the players why Riot couldn't give constant status updates on champion reworks, when NA-East Coast servers were coming, what 'Riot Supremacy' was, 'Magma Chamber Where', etc. The company also explicitly made a statement on this, and I paraphrase here, 'We don't want to say everything because we may not meet our promises and other companies may steal from us. Look at Heroes of Newerth and their 'casual mode' where you can't deny creeps. Guess where they got that idea from?' But that didn't, and still doesn't, stop 'Rioters' from actively engaging in Community discussions. Spend 5 minutes on Riot Forums, use the 'red tracker' (red = riot employee) and see how many posts they have made in the past 24 hours.

There was a thread a while back where Rioter gave their opinions on the 2012 US presidential elections.

While not all of these Rioters are community managers, it doesn't change the fact that Cynthia has made next to 0 posts (She probably has less than 10 total posts, excluding changelogs). Some of these people, like Ironstylus (artist) at Riot post more than I do.

I'm not accusing her of intentionally being bad at her job, and I don't believe that that is the case. I'm simply stating that nothing explicitly rules out that possibility.

28 Jan 2015, 13:03 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 12:44 PMdpfarce

Hi Relic, what can we help you with?
Sorry, can't tell you. We're under NDA

HAHAHAHA you nailed it :rofl:
28 Jan 2015, 13:10 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 13:02 PMdpfarce

While I believe your correct, there is no 'hard evidence' regarding your statement. We only assume, and logically so, that Relic's NDA also applies to her work. But we haven't read her employment contract, and 90% of us haven't read Relic's NDA.

I worked closely with the previous CM and he gave me some convincing reasons as towards why they put up what they do on FB. I read and signed Relic's NDA so there is enough hard evidence for me to know that Cynthia is doing all she can or is allowed to do buddy.
Sadly, even I am under NDA so you'll have to take my word on it.
28 Jan 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 13:02 PMdpfarce

While not all of these Rioters are community managers, it doesn't change the fact that Cynthia has made next to 0 posts (She probably has less than 10 total posts, excluding changelogs).

Cynthia has over a hundred posts here and nearly 800 posts on the official forums. That's a lot considering that she hasn't been on her job as a community manager for that long.
28 Jan 2015, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 13:10 PMTNrg

Cynthia has over a hundred posts here and nearly 800 posts on the official forums. That's a lot considering that she hasn't been on her job as a community manager for that long.

She has just one post this year. Will she make the second soon...? Dont hold your breath. :)
28 Jan 2015, 13:39 PM
Donator 33

@Hans

The way I see it, which seems to be the way of predicting what Relic/SEGA is going to do or not do, it is simply about money and ROI.

They do not care (strategically) how many people are currently playing this game, they only care how many buy it. Having lulls in how many are currently playing has the benefit of making new DLCs feel even more "fresh", leaving them with time to focus on other projects meanwhile.

It has been clear from very early after release, that the CoH community is being used as a gullible resource, not a "force-multiplier" for continually evangelizing or hyping of the CoH-franchise.

Now, combine that with what Von Kluge has said and it's all going according to plan.

I'm sorry.
28 Jan 2015, 13:56 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Are we assuming it's SEGA's influence to blame here. Do we have any evidence? If Relic could comment on this thread. I'd appreciate it.
28 Jan 2015, 14:26 PM

I wouldn't really put a blame on the community manager.

They aren't really allowed to talk much about anything and they are most active in forum moderation, because well, its all they actually have the freedom of doing.

It does hurt to know a LOT and wanting to share it with players, but being chained down by NDA and higher ups.

Believe me, I live next door to gaming company, got 2 community managers in the house I live in, so I'm quite close to the subject.
28 Jan 2015, 14:49 PM

In my experience across multiple fields of industry and business the words 'communication' and 'manager' rarely mesh well together.
28 Jan 2015, 19:20 PM
Patrion 15

It's been over two months and we haven't had so much as a HINT at what is going on, it's pretty painful.
28 Jan 2015, 19:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

It's been over two months and we haven't had so much as a HINT at what is going on, it's pretty painful.

+1
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight