Login

russian armor

Counter to soviet artillery as wehrmacht.

21 Jan 2015, 21:00 PM

This is a very big lategame problem,especially in larger game modes for me atm vs soviet.Even if i set up a solid defensive line,Katyusha will inevitably attack it,thats in itself is not a problem.The problem is i have no answer myself -can't answer fire by fire.If katyusha is guarded by is-2 with mines and shocks,its almost impossible to take out while consistently doing massive dmg.You can't answer with arty of ur own.Lefh really sucks,pzwerfer is both inaccessible and sucks.Between 120 mm mortar,katyusha and B4 soviet have uncounterable artillery almost if guarded with mines and is-2/shocks.
B4 atleast can be countered by moving about on recon and stuka bomb.Katyusha panther raids will fail vs smart player with mines.(getting panther is another problem).
Any suggestions?
21 Jan 2015, 21:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IB4 222 and HT with shrecks.
21 Jan 2015, 21:23 PM

How exactly do you counter a stuka or werfer?
21 Jan 2015, 21:26 PM

One volley with the 222 and one shot of pretty much any tank will destroy a Katy. One shreck shot, etc.... If they managed to get an IS2, plenty of mines, shocks, and they are all guarding this katy, then it won't do enough damage to justify itself unless you are blobbing like a lunatic.
21 Jan 2015, 21:41 PM

If you cant counter until you have enough forces to make a push, then keep moving your units around and do not present any soft/easy targets.

Once you are ready do a recon and then launch an attack from three directions. Get mine sweepers, they hard counter mines and attack with them.
21 Jan 2015, 21:58 PM

Stuka close air support rings a bell?
And about B-4, there still exist reckon+stuka dive bomb you know.

Its as hopeless to build arty against wehr as it always was. I find it hilarious that little fact evaporated from your head.
21 Jan 2015, 22:10 PM

This is a very big lategame problem,especially in larger game modes for me atm vs soviet.Even if i set up a solid defensive line,Katyusha will inevitably attack it,thats in itself is not a problem.The problem is i have no answer myself -can't answer fire by fire.If katyusha is guarded by is-2 with mines and shocks,its almost impossible to take out while consistently doing massive dmg.You can't answer with arty of ur own.Lefh really sucks,pzwerfer is both inaccessible and sucks.Between 120 mm mortar,katyusha and B4 soviet have uncounterable artillery almost if guarded with mines and is-2/shocks.
B4 atleast can be countered by moving about on recon and stuka bomb.Katyusha panther raids will fail vs smart player with mines.(getting panther is another problem).
Any suggestions?

Well you are talking about a 2 v 2+ games modes so yes Allied players would guard their valuable units with mines and IS-2s. You will probably need to pick the right commander and coordinate with your team to take down arty. Usually, when we are faced with Kats and B4s I tend to either use Falls, or Panther hit and run tactics while we are pushing together. This is all situational and you honestly, just working with your team mates and unit composition plays a key role.
21 Jan 2015, 22:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Just surrender, no counter for this Keepo.
22 Jan 2015, 00:51 AM
Donator 33

This is just what allies are good at in big team games. You're sitting on your side wondering how to thin out the indirect fire, while they're sitting over there wondering if they have enough direct fire to stop all the tigers that inevitably roll up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★