Community Farewell from pqumsieh

PAGES (9)down
20 Jan 2015, 12:52 PM

Brad will probably taking over

So we can expect a Kübel buff as a hotfix soon :thumbsup:
20 Jan 2015, 13:11 PM
Donator 33

So we can expect a Kübel buff as a hotfix soon :thumbsup:

Well, at least he called the Tiger Ace the "Yolo-Tiger" - I hope that is a hint of his general sentiment, but who knows?
20 Jan 2015, 13:21 PM

Someone that is leaving Relic says that he is extremely excited about what the future holds for COH. He didn't need to write that. He could've written "oh it's been so great with all the great people and great game, grouphug, the end" and that would've been totally fine.

So, I take there IS cool stuff coming up! So I'm excited about that :)
20 Jan 2015, 13:26 PM

And this is where all the harassing and constant whining got us to. Im guilty of it myself. Not of the harassing tho..

Anyways, good luck on your future adventures PQ!!!
20 Jan 2015, 13:39 PM

Using certain emote when relic will do some questionable, against common sense changes will lose its meaning...
20 Jan 2015, 13:41 PM

Piero left shortly after the game was released in 2013.

Goddamn it didn't see that, he should update his Linkedin :P
20 Jan 2015, 14:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Someone that is leaving Relic says that he is extremely excited about what the future holds for COH. He didn't need to write that. He could've written "oh it's been so great with all the great people and great game, grouphug, the end" and that would've been totally fine.

So, I take there IS cool stuff coming up! So I'm excited about that :)

Are we seriously doing Relic Kremlinology now?
20 Jan 2015, 14:21 PM

Are we seriously doing Relic Kremlinology now?

Sorry for getting excited then and keeping hopes up. I seem to continue to enjoy the game regardless of the overwhelming dislike in this forum. It's not because I'm new, I played first CoH with expansions extensively as well and read the forums.

And I don't usually tell people they can't complain either.
20 Jan 2015, 14:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Sorry for getting excited then and keeping hopes up. I seem to continue to enjoy the game regardless of the overwhelming dislike in this forum. It's not because I'm new, I played first CoH with expansions extensively as well and read the forums.

By all means be positive

I wonder though if we are putting more weight on analysing Relic's words and actions than they do on writing them
20 Jan 2015, 14:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for work Peter and gl in new place.
Cruzz for President :snfBarton: whant to see how community will be blame Cruzz :p.
20 Jan 2015, 14:37 PM
Coder Red Badge

Big loss for Relic and CoH, but good luck to you in the future Peter! It was always enjoyable talking to you and reading what you had to say. Hopefully you keep updating your blog, it was always very informative and entertaining.
20 Jan 2015, 14:38 PM

I wonder though if we are putting more weight on analysing Relic's words and actions than they do on writing them

Maybe. I haven't followed their Communication with the community closly over the years. I'm sure stuff are lacking if so many are angry. But I know of other games where the Community complains about too little feedback from the developers as well. So it doesn't seem like an exclusive thing by Relic. And where patterns can be discerned, there are usually reasonable explainations to be found, there usually are. They did create an extraordinary game didn't they? How to do that if there is no passion or will?

I do remember with great approval the work put they into the final patch for CoH1, a game that was way past its prime. Should Count on the plus side for supporting their product and not just abandoning it. It's not reasonable to expect neverending support either.
20 Jan 2015, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2015, 14:37 PMInverse
Big loss for Relic and CoH, but good luck to you in the future Peter! It was always enjoyable talking to you and reading what you had to say. Hopefully you keep updating your blog, it was always very informative and entertaining.

Inverse: Peter is the only reason CoH2 isn't a complete clusterfuck right now, and merely a large clusterfuck.

Why is this so "Inversely" logical contradicting?

Since Mr. "Shocks in M3" famous advice, I was like, WTF they hired this guy as a dev :facepalm:
20 Jan 2015, 14:41 PM
Coder Red Badge

That's not contradictory at all.

Peter took a disaster of a game and turned it into something fairly respectable and slightly less a disaster. I don't see the game getting much better without him.
A_E
20 Jan 2015, 14:45 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Your changes to this game in the infantry re balance of early 2014 nearly single highhandedly saved the competitive side of the game, it brought players back into the fold, and both improved the fun and interest in playing this game.
20 Jan 2015, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2015, 14:41 PMInverse
That's not contradictory at all.

Peter took a disaster of a game and turned it into something fairly respectable and slightly less a disaster. I don't see the game getting much better without him.

I see. :o
20 Jan 2015, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2015, 14:40 PMPorygon

Why is this so "Inversely" logical contradicting?

Since Mr. "Shocks in M3" famous advice, I was like, WTF they hired this guy as a dev :facepalm:

Dude, that was a joke. And not in the sense that he was stupid, he really meant that shocks + M3 comment as a joke.

And this is where all the harassing and constant whining got us to. Im guilty of it myself. Not of the harassing tho..

Anyways, good luck on your future adventures PQ!!!

He didn't leave because of the community.
20 Jan 2015, 16:32 PM

The King is dead, long live the King!

We hope, next balance designer will more listen community and make this game for community, not for developers.
20 Jan 2015, 16:33 PM
Patrion 14

Good luck Peter, your work probably rescued the mp side of the game from an early grave. Kick ass wherever you land next :)
20 Jan 2015, 16:58 PM

Dude, that was a joke. And not in the sense that he was stupid, he really meant that shocks + M3 comment as a joke.

He didn't leave because of the community.

Im pretty sure that it affected his decisions. Being harassed over and over again is not fun at all.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS