Login

russian armor

Cynthia statement about the first 2015 stream

18 Jan 2015, 10:57 AM

Damn MVRelic needs to learn how to answer correctly to make everone happy :snfBarton:
A_E
18 Jan 2015, 11:10 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Dude, seriously? Your still going on about this? Just go download something like Xbindkeys and do it yourself already. Then you can stop raging over it and we can stop having to listen to it.

On topic though I was less than enthused about the stream, majority of questions thrown at them were obviously not going to get answered meaning Cynthia had to wade through the bullshit to try and answer the real questions. Not to mention how stupid it was that, people were getting chat banned for asking legitimate questions instead of the people asking the BS and inappropriate questions.

First thing I did when I started playing CoH1 was write an autohotkeys script, that's not the point though, it's the principle of them refusing to listen to fans and implement the most basic of PC Game features.
18 Jan 2015, 11:45 AM

People are bored and frustrated because they have nothing to look forward to. That's a bad time for Relic to do a "for fun" stream with no real content to deliver. Give people a carrot on the end of the stick, some kind of event or release on the horizon, and suddenly the whole mood of the community changes drastically.

For a company that sticks so tightly to their NDA and makes such great precautions about never saying anything that they can't deliver, announcing a partnership with ESL last summer and then not delivering anything at all for 6 months is a total buzzkill. They have us trained to believe that if they actually say something, it's going to happen! In the case of ESL it would have been better if they had stuck to their plan of utter secrecy and had not said anything at all. Maybe we would have had another season of SNF in the books by now. Maybe players & community organizers that are interested in competition would have something to practice toward & work on and wouldn't be quitting left and right.

+100
I remember us talking on steam and saying 'No we're not doing event X in january because of ESL'.
If they had kept quiet we wouldn't have waited to host it.

Good post.
18 Jan 2015, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 11:10 AMA_E

First thing I did when I started playing CoH1 was write an autohotkeys script, that's not the point though, it's the principle of them refusing to listen to fans and implement the most basic of PC Game features.

I get that it's frustrating I've had to setup my own thing also. Thankfully I use G13 with multiple profiles so I can change what I want when I want.

I don't think Relic is ignoring us on it, I think they just deem it to be quite low on the priorities list. And I simply think that if there is something we can do ourselves until they get it sorted we should help them, not to mention helping ourselves by taking something off the list of things considered urgent.
18 Jan 2015, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 23:03 PMFlamee
This same old whine is also getting a bit tired. Yes, Relic does not live up to some people's expectations but is it really necessary to shout it everywhere possible?

If you don't link the game, take a break or quit. As simple as that. Why do people who are done with the game torchure themselves by reading about the game they dislike nowadays?

Or does it give some satisfaction to be able to say "I told you so"?

100% correctomundo man, the constant whining, crying and whinging from a toxic minority of the community about allied game play is just unbearable. There is a scummy element to this community, and it really boils down the the same people complaining day in day out about issues that are basically just a L2P prob, and the irony is that instead of actually playing the game and improving, they prefer to shout and scream about it!??? Anyone who checks out this site on a regular basis knows who these guys are. Hilarious circle if you think about it!

My theory, just let the forum warriors have their crazy baseless rants, while we enjoy the game with friends and buddies! As one thing is for sure sir this is a FANTASTIC game! :lol:
18 Jan 2015, 14:34 PM

People are bored and frustrated because they have nothing to look forward to. That's a bad time for Relic to do a "for fun" stream with no real content to deliver. Give people a carrot on the end of the stick, some kind of event or release on the horizon, and suddenly the whole mood of the community changes drastically.

For a company that sticks so tightly to their NDA and makes such great precautions about never saying anything that they can't deliver, announcing a partnership with ESL last summer and then not delivering anything at all for 6 months is a total buzzkill. They have us trained to believe that if they actually say something, it's going to happen! In the case of ESL it would have been better if they had stuck to their plan of utter secrecy and had not said anything at all. Maybe we would have had another season of SNF in the books by now. Maybe players & community organizers that are interested in competition would have something to practice toward & work on and wouldn't be quitting left and right.

What people man? The ones who are moaning day in and day out on this site? Its the same people every time my god have a look at the thread posters, same people day in day out with the same theme, doom and gloom, 'Game 100% Broken''Axis OP', 'Relic Sucks' yada yada yada.

Personally, I have never once encountered any of these individuals in game which leads me to believe that they either dont actually play it, or that they did once, didnt get on fantastic in MP and now prefer ranting here more than the actually game. Makes em feel big or something I dont get it myself?

I would like to think that the majority of the community didnt actually care about the way the stream was handled, it was a stream, they said prior to it on their twitter feed that it was going to be a bit of light MP fun, thats all.

And those players that you say have quit, doesn't seem to be affecting the game I play, although it would be great to have them back , who really cares? they left its their choice to do so, bye bye....

All I say is enough of the negativity, get on and play the game, their is no doubt that it is fun, if you dont think so then dont play it?
18 Jan 2015, 15:11 PM
Patrion 14

And those players that you say have quit, doesn't seem to be affecting the game I play, although it would be great to have them back , who really cares? they left its their choice to do so, bye bye....

Good they now know that nobody cares, makes their effort for this game and this community worth so much more.
18 Jan 2015, 15:13 PM
Donator 11

clock is right, people should just stop playing for awhile.

I think everyone who plays multiplayer is super pissed because ESL was lie and finding out you were not worth the truth sucks. (nigo didn't help teasing the only feature that would grow the base, bad nigo)

There was a lot of community effort in generating mulitplayer interest this fall. Awesome tourneys, prize money etc. THANKS to all those people AMI, Romeo, etc Your the only reason people really played this fall (IMO). It is too bad all that community effort has gone to waste.

Take a break come back in 6 months for WFA 2: Operation Lumberjack (starring maps like the "Pocket Ruhr") and be happy to know that Relic is helping the 2500 or poor shut-ins play the hero and feel good about themselves as they compstomp a below average AI and WW II is over.

Take a break, if you can't change the situation (which you can't) then change yourself.

18 Jan 2015, 15:27 PM

@ Relic:

I, customer, don't give a fuck about:

- Your promises
- Your excuses
- Who your CM is
- What you say on your streams
- How you feel
- How full your scedule is

I want:

- Bugfixes
- A balance

Get it fucking done!!! An everything will be fine.
18 Jan 2015, 15:30 PM

People got over-hyped because of Nigo :D

Last year Relic said they want to stream more, so that's what they're doing.

Well, Nigo is just posting the leaks that are already out there, what scares me is that those leaks (war effort, hidden commanders, hidden maps, secret DLC's beign uploaded to steam servers) are on the internet for a looooooong time, and Relic haven't even mentioned them.

I guess they dont have a marketing/hype team.
18 Jan 2015, 15:35 PM

@ Relic:

I, customer, don't give a fuck about:

- Your promises
- Your excuses
- Who your CM is
- What you say on your streams
- How you feel
- How full your scedule is

I want:

- Bugfixes
- A balance

Get it fucking done!!! An everything will be fine.

So if they all got cancer you'd demand that they make a patch?

P.S. Did you not hear that they'll release a bugfix patch in early Febuary? I guess you were too busy not caring about 'What they say on their streams'.
18 Jan 2015, 16:05 PM
Patrion 14

This topic is not going anywhere... It started good, arguments and good thoughts.
It actually made me think a bit more about Relic and their decisions, but now with all the bullshit in this topic, its not enjoyable to read anymore..
18 Jan 2015, 16:22 PM

Our community frequently disagrees on which is 'top priority'

This is an issue with most multiplayer games, so if we had a sort of a council that included experienced players the rest of us would trust to make a list of priorities - and one Relic would cooperate with - that would be really effective for solving this situation. There have been examples of such groups for various games.
18 Jan 2015, 17:35 PM

P.S. Did you not hear that they'll release a bugfix patch in early Febuary? I guess you were too busy not caring about 'What they say on their streams'.

I think your constantly missing the point people are making which is, a patch should have been released months ago for balance AND bug fixes.
18 Jan 2015, 17:54 PM

So all of them have cancer? that makes me sad.

And again, they used word "bugfixes" patch, not balance, which makes me to think that balance for them is fine at the moment
18 Jan 2015, 19:38 PM

which makes me to think that balance for them is fine at the moment

Well, they don't.
18 Jan 2015, 20:31 PM
Patrion 14

Ha ha beta shills crack me up. Let us focus on reality for the many, not the experience of the few.
19 Jan 2015, 01:13 AM
Donator 11

Good they now know that nobody cares, makes their effort for this game and this community worth so much more.

For reals? Whats up with todays generation, bunch of whining sensitive p*ssies. No nobody cares if you play coh2 or not and don't play it for anybodys sake but your own. If you want to contribute to the scene by streaming and organizing events go right ahead but nobody owes you a goddamn thing.
19 Jan 2015, 05:16 AM

Ultimately COh is and always will be multiplayer game.Fix bugs and balance game...is main issue.Instead spending huge effort on these single player content...etc etc.You can do all these after u have fixed the basic game,no?What good is new SP content when multiplayer itself is a mess?How much effort would it take them to modify the existing unused commanders..i don't think more than a week.Relic needs to use more common sense than rely robotically on 'tested data' alone.
19 Jan 2015, 07:45 AM

Ultimately COh is and always will be multiplayer game.Fix bugs and balance game...is main issue.Instead spending huge effort on these single player content...etc etc.You can do all these after u have fixed the basic game,no?What good is new SP content when multiplayer itself is a mess?How much effort would it take them to modify the existing unused commanders..i don't think more than a week.Relic needs to use more common sense than rely robotically on 'tested data' alone.

What to work on first? First off to shed some light here the 'basic' game is the campaign and TOW's. They have stated since the Beginnings of CoH1 quite a large portion (and no I don't know the ratios) of their players base plays SP, compstomps and now TOW. Not 'everybody' plays pvp, so they must consider both sides of the fence not just look after one side or the other. (Even though I too wish they'd concentrate on the PvP side of things).

As for the commanders issue well tbh very few people here could do it "well" in one week. I pray for the day they actually listen to people on this. I'd love to see changes here but I guess seeing as none of us are part of the team we're just going to have to twiddle our thumbs a little longer.

As for data they must rely on it since quite a few community suggestions on balance changes are laughable at best. Once you look at their player card you shed light on why they are complaining about the specific unit or Faction. You have to wade through useless repetitive posts to find the gold here these days.

Don't get me wrong something needs to be done about the state of things asap. Now in no way do I mean to insult anybody here, but if you get insulted that probably means your one of the people I'm about to comment on. By no means do I think the majority of the people that frequent the forums have anywhere near the ability or time to fix things themselves let alone do it fairly. Sure there's some "really" good ideas (quite a few bad ones too) but the things I read here are for the most part biased even though unintended most of the time. A fair amount of things on the forums are L2P issues, from people wanting the game changed to suit them so they can play their way or not have to build counters and just walk over their opponent. Observationally I see quite a few people come here and make threads about things like that when they could just go play for fun or go find the answer to the issue that plagues them so.

Mirage357 currently waiting for insults to get thrown my way for my opinions on the matter...since I know they'll come sooner or later :unsure:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56
unknown 17
Russian Federation 42

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak