Login

russian armor

Cynthia statement about the first 2015 stream

18 Jan 2015, 00:38 AM

Not even defending Relic but it is pretty ridiculous the amount of shouting the majority of the vocal community is doing. Bitching about balance patches gets nothing done. Obviously relic isn't sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, though they're working on things at a slow pace that most don't appreciate. I'd love for them to patch smaller and more frequently because at the current rate its pretty atrocious, but I'm not going to scream about it.

Plus, twitch chat was pure cancer. Never seen so many inane comments in my life that were ALL CAPPPSSSEDDD and copy pasted ad nauseum (and this is coming from the resident copypasta/chat shitposter). Makes me not want to bother watching the streams in the future simply because of how aggravating chat becomes.
18 Jan 2015, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 22:37 PMKatitof

Following J.R.R Martin leadership, creating hope and hype only to brutally murder it and laugh at us.

love the comment, seriously, but as a devoted fanboy i have to correct you: its G(eorge) R.R. Martin (J.R.R. is Tolkien)
:D

on topic: couldnt actually watch the stream (it was 2 am over here and i was out), but from what i can gather the stream didnt say much about balance which is kind of a downer.
the only thing i consider more disturbing is dustys post. if the chat was really that out of control, damn we probably wont see another stream anytime soon
18 Jan 2015, 01:05 AM

user conduct on the stream was kind of lacking and immature, but i feel it is a product of relic's NDA and poor communication. Of course people are going to act crazy if there's no clear communication set by relic on where they are going/what is next. i think the behavior of the twitch users was expected.
18 Jan 2015, 01:08 AM

Community: "When can we expect heavy tanks for the US?" Peter: "What the Sherman bulldozer isn't heavy enough?" :megusta:
18 Jan 2015, 01:10 AM

Wow, they actually read my suggestion of adding Canadian units to CoH2 via the British Army faction? I'm impressed, seriously. At least Cynthia acknowledges that their NDA rules aren't perfect so there's that. I'm still disappointed that they didn't develop an outline 2015, or something like that but i'm willing to give Relic the benefit of doubt. It's a brand new year, I have a feeling that the British Army will make a grande return.
18 Jan 2015, 01:30 AM

Plus, twitch chat was pure cancer. Never seen so many inane comments in my life that were ALL CAPPPSSSEDDD and copy pasted ad nauseum (and this is coming from the resident copypasta/chat shitposter). Makes me not want to bother watching the streams in the future simply because of how aggravating chat becomes.

It was indeed. It was even told that caps will award you a ban, yet people still got amazed they got banned for doing it. Some people who were pasting same thing for 10 minutes also got banned.

With so much bullpudding on the chat, the serious questions got less attention. I mean, it was stated there won't be any major announcements and that bugs are better discussed/reported by other means. But no, people just kept asking the same stuff over and over again. Oh, still no reply? Better shoot the messengers. UGH.

They must be so eager to have another stream with that audience, I'm sure of it.

Stream had close to no informational value though. It was sad for example how Luvnest's questions didn't really get a reply that didn't stray off-topic. Doesn't justify the things on chat though.
18 Jan 2015, 01:45 AM
Donator 22

I got 4 questions answered simply by being polite and asking reasonable questions. Did I like all the answers? No. But if you want people to pay attention to you, then remember the old sayin:

"You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".
18 Jan 2015, 02:13 AM

Wow, they actually read my suggestion of adding Canadian units to CoH2 via the British Army faction? I'm impressed, seriously. At least Cynthia acknowledges that their NDA rules aren't perfect so there's that. I'm still disappointed that they didn't develop an outline 2015, or something like that but i'm willing to give Relic the benefit of doubt. It's a brand new year, I have a feeling that the British Army will make a grande return.

i for one, hope they don't return.

did you play coh1?

they were fucking stupid
18 Jan 2015, 02:23 AM
Donator 33

After months of the generic working on cool stuff, bunch of stuff, cool things are on the way, cant say anything right now, statements and now this seemingly "sorry but not sorry" letter I wanted to weigh in on this. I don't know if the community shares this view but it could be said at this point, breaking such suspense and tension would BENEFIT the game immensely. For the time being, I no longer recommend this game to friends as I cant honestly ask them to pay for the displeasure this community seems to have in the product.

If we are at 10,000 users online avg at this time NDA isn't going to hype another 10 million to play. Besides the point, why would you enclose something as called upon as hot fixes, bugs fixes, patches under an NDA and create such tension. Anyways, obviously being vulgar is never the answer, but banning users for the legit questions that were seen on that stream has me even more swayed to keep my distance from this products expansions until i know the product is solid.

#BeCivil

Switzerland <444>3
18 Jan 2015, 02:33 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 23:03 PMFlamee
This same old whine is also getting a bit tired. Yes, Relic does not live up to some people's expectations but is it really necessary to shout it everywhere possible?

If you don't link the game, take a break or quit. As simple as that. Why do people who are done with the game torchure themselves by reading about the game they dislike nowadays?

Or does it give some satisfaction to be able to say "I told you so"?

It's simply frustrating that this game has a tremendous amount of potential that feel squandered. If Relic realized how niche their audience is and stopped trying to make coh2 more like other games they could make it into a masterpiece. That I still have hope for, but it's a pessimistic kind of hope.

I have a strong sense that Sega has a huge hand in ruining our (potential) relationship with Relic by forcing them to do all kinds of stupid crap but their ineptitude is their own.

I can't blame PQ or Cynthia for any of this, in fact I think they are both likable, but their red herring, garden path way of answering questions and Peters natural sarcasm leaves a bad taste in my mouth that makes this stream feel offensive more than fun.
18 Jan 2015, 02:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 23:28 PMA_E
Biggest bullshit one for me is over custom hotkeys, fans have been asking for this for nine years, Relic at the highest level must have some serious dislike for the ability to have custom hotkeys. Or they must have such a boner for their ingenious choices of letters they don't want people to have a choice.

It's the simplest thing in the world to implement, it's copy and paste script job. Would take one programmer 20 minutes.

Dude, seriously? Your still going on about this? Just go download something like Xbindkeys and do it yourself already. Then you can stop raging over it and we can stop having to listen to it.

On topic though I was less than enthused about the stream, majority of questions thrown at them were obviously not going to get answered meaning Cynthia had to wade through the bullshit to try and answer the real questions. Not to mention how stupid it was that, people were getting chat banned for asking legitimate questions instead of the people asking the BS and inappropriate questions.
18 Jan 2015, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 22:11 PMnigo
by cynthia, about the stream

What I was trying to convey is that there is a long list of features, changes and updates that we want to do for CoH2.

I really don't get it why they don't make this list public. For the worst whiners they could add a statement that they don't know when or even if these things will be introduced. At least people would know which issues they are aware of and are trying to work on. I guess that could end a lot of the crying on the forums.
18 Jan 2015, 08:49 AM

Not even defending Relic but it is pretty ridiculous the amount of shouting the majority of the vocal community is doing. Bitching about balance patches gets nothing done. Obviously relic isn't sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, though they're working on things at a slow pace that most don't appreciate. I'd love for them to patch smaller and more frequently because at the current rate its pretty atrocious, but I'm not going to scream about it.

That's because most people don't know how gaming companies work. They think it's like 10 guys gathering around and sayin' "ok let's make dudez with stuffz". It does not work like that. Most game developers, even smallest ones, work on different projects at the same time. There are many reasons for that. Some people thing now that the game has been released, some of the game dev team have nothing to do. A company does not run like that guys, there is always something to do. There is always a time table for that.

That being said, I do not completely defend Relics actions. Yes they have been more open to our ideas in the last few months (which had to happen much earlier) but the "content" of the stream was far away from decent. Instead of playing a 4v4 game, just set up a Q&A session. At least PQ said that in the future they will consider doing so in the other thread.
18 Jan 2015, 09:09 AM

Sorry, but i heard this "were working on it" "we can't tell you everything but we are excited"
"lots of cool stuff is coming" "we are super busy" bullshit one too many times.

When the community gets mad and annoyed by the lack of patches/balance, then all the time the community manager explains the same thing over and over again. This has happened many times with noun and now with cynthia. It's not working anymore relic.

And to people saying that bitching gets nothing done.. Then how is anything supposed to get done?
It's not like we can't do anything but just yell at relic to do something, it's not like they are recruiting people into the alpha or anything, or asking the community for advice, no, they aren't doing any of this and nobody knows what they are doing.

Remember, we got observer mode and the cover small arms rework thing after everyone bitched about how it's needed and important.

Then again relic could just ignore the bitching of the more competitive/multiplayer community and focus on the 90% of the players that play compstomps and 4V4 games..

18 Jan 2015, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 23:20 PMA_E

How about implementing twitch functionality in game in 2013, obs mode and new UI in 2014. That's not supporting streaming and casting?

Relic's NDAs and secrecy are utter bullshit, I agree, but they have actually been implementing good features, and will probably continue to.

The Twitch ingame is completely rubbish, as you don't have options to change output or other stuff accordingly to your internet.
Obs is indeed good.
18 Jan 2015, 10:13 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

People are bored and frustrated because they have nothing to look forward to. That's a bad time for Relic to do a "for fun" stream with no real content to deliver. Give people a carrot on the end of the stick, some kind of event or release on the horizon, and suddenly the whole mood of the community changes drastically.

For a company that sticks so tightly to their NDA and makes such great precautions about never saying anything that they can't deliver, announcing a partnership with ESL last summer and then not delivering anything at all for 6 months is a total buzzkill. They have us trained to believe that if they actually say something, it's going to happen! In the case of ESL it would have been better if they had stuck to their plan of utter secrecy and had not said anything at all. Maybe we would have had another season of SNF in the books by now. Maybe players & community organizers that are interested in competition would have something to practice toward & work on and wouldn't be quitting left and right.
18 Jan 2015, 10:21 AM

Look at paradox interactives developer diaries,that is how communication with fans should be done. Being this tight lipped about everything is what kills relic
18 Jan 2015, 10:21 AM
Donator 33

People got over-hyped because of Nigo :D

Last year Relic said they want to stream more, so that's what they're doing.
18 Jan 2015, 10:25 AM
Donator 11

18 Jan 2015, 10:35 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Since October there is not a great change in the balance, I think they should have talked more extensive on balalance or Should we wait another 4 months??
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment