Login

russian armor

What is it about USF Riflenades

17 Jan 2015, 21:00 PM

What is it exactly about USF Riflenades that make them so unreliable? Grens rifle nades are very reliable and always seem to go off yet Rifles have issues.

I cant tell you how many times I have had up to a 45 second delay from when I order say a Smoke nade to go off till when it actually did.

Or how many times my Rifles have derped on an AT Riflenade because a tank shot at them and again 10-15 seconds until it actually went off.

This happens when I am in range and meet all their strict range requirements.

I find this very very frustrating. Does anyone know the Mechanic as to why Ost rnades work fine but USF do not?

A perfect example:

Get suppressed by MG. Fire Smoke nade...model dives, does jumping jacks, Runs for cover, Writes his Memoir and then finally after my squad is half dead fires the damn grenade.

Meanwhile Maxim dakka dakka dakka and Gren fires and levels it no problem.
17 Jan 2015, 21:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

uhm rifle grenae bug out quite often. Expecially when you try to fire over shotblockers or with elevationd ifferences.
I tried riflenading on minsk middle vp to the northeast ridge and it just got stuck twice in a row
17 Jan 2015, 21:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Play both sides. This is a bug that affects all factions. Grens rnades will not fire sometimes, shocks sometimes will not throw their grenades. This is not specific to certain factions, its everyone.
17 Jan 2015, 21:10 PM

Play both sides. This is a bug that affects all factions. Grens rnades will not fire sometimes, shocks sometimes will not throw their grenades. This is not specific to certain factions, its everyone.

I guess my 100 Ost games dont count. I play all sides but not all sides competitively. Grens do not Bug out in any regular frequency. I suggest you take your own advice because the problem is in every game for rifles. Its more likely to bug out then to actually work.

17 Jan 2015, 21:48 PM

Permanently Banned

only plays axis.

tells another player to play "both sides"

LOL
17 Jan 2015, 22:30 PM
Patrion 28

i'm not sure. it's been there with AT RGs since they were ground targeted. the animation seems to take a while but there's also a pause, sometimes several seconds, before the fucking animation even starts. i've lost lots of squads to lusch because of it.

i haven't observed any issues with any other grenade (haven't used the OKW fusilier nade, but it used to work the same) including the ones on riflemen but it's possible something happened and i didn't see it.
18 Jan 2015, 00:08 AM

Pfuse have the same problem. But they aren't core infantry so most people don't notice. Also it seems to be related to the suppression mechanic or the cover seeking.
18 Jan 2015, 06:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

PF can't hit a vehicle with their AT nade if it moves. Most useless AT nade, followed up by Rifles although.
18 Jan 2015, 08:58 AM
Patrion 28

PF can't hit a vehicle with their AT nade if it moves. Most useless AT nade, followed up by Rifles although.

does it still target ground? i was under the impression that they were changed along with riflemen AT RGs.
18 Jan 2015, 10:56 AM

My guess is, it has something to do with maxrange calculated from each model and the way range is displayed for the squad as a perfetc circle.

This could be if models carrying a non-standard weapon not beeing able to do the at-stuff thing.

If it happens to me, i get it resolved by issuing a move order and a new throwing order when i see the animation not start instant.
18 Jan 2015, 17:35 PM

does it still target ground? i was under the impression that they were changed along with riflemen AT RGs.

It was. Works the same way as rifles now
18 Jan 2015, 17:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While it's stupid that Rifles have a minimum range for their AT nade, it WILL hit moving targets. Not so with PF.
18 Jan 2015, 17:51 PM

I could care less about the range. What bothers me is just how often it simply doesn't go off. Or takes forever to go off forcing retreats that otherwise wouldn't have been. Range issues can be overcome with skill. Bugs cannot. And they are the most buggy abilities right now. Both smoke and AT Rnade.
18 Jan 2015, 18:07 PM

Yes, thats a really annoying bug. AT nades and Panzerfausts always trigger, while AT rifle grenades of Riflemen and panzerfüsiliers bug out sometimes. I hope they address that in the BIG BUG PATCH.
18 Jan 2015, 21:17 PM
Patrion 28

While it's stupid that Rifles have a minimum range for their AT nade, it WILL hit moving targets. Not so with PF.

pfaust will hit moving targets. are you saying that the fusilier AT RG is like stun shot or something?

(i'm seriously confused here)
18 Jan 2015, 21:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

pfaust will hit moving targets. are you saying that the fusilier AT RG is like stun shot or something?

(i'm seriously confused here)

You use the ability and just see the AT nade fly away and dissapear without hitting the tank.
18 Jan 2015, 21:48 PM

AT riflenade are so unreliable I don't count them anymore as AT capabilities... Seriously the number of time I have seen a tank being at range and nothing happens or seing my squad because of that delay coming from nowhere.

But I guess as it is impossible to troll games with, Relic will never correct it.
18 Jan 2015, 22:33 PM

Yes, thats a really annoying bug. AT nades and Panzerfausts always trigger, while AT rifle grenades of Riflemen and panzerfüsiliers bug out sometimes. I hope they address that in the BIG BUG PATCH.

I am really surprised this isnt a bigger issue brought up more often to be honest. Its probably why when I observe games most folks just completley forget to use them. Youll never see a Con or Gren fail to try and Faust/AT nade. But you will see USF players just not even try the Rnade things.

I think if they were reliable it would help USF with their abysmal AT situation.

Me personally I am Johnny on the spot with them. I never miss a chance to toss them like I would playing Soviets. Its also why I probably notice it more than most.
19 Jan 2015, 00:15 AM
Patrion 28

You use the ability and just see the AT nade fly away and dissapear without hitting the tank.

probably functions like the pak stunshot then :\ i doubt it's intentional but...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★