Login

russian armor

Improve ranking system, Relic

12 Jan 2015, 18:32 PM

I think CoH2 ranking system is not very responsive and rewarding. I know, the amount of players might be too small for epic rankings like in League of Legends, but in this thread i share some thoughts i have about this.

-Make us able to see ranks in game menus! Now we have to go here coh2.org or official ranking page from browser and search our steam id to see our ranks. I dont even know when I climb up the ladder, I have to always check it from coh2.org.
-Introduce new ranking system with ranks like this: Bronze, Silver, Gold or something like that. I don´t mean Relic should copy everything from League of Legends, but LoL is a good example from good ranking system Now my rank is 800 as OKW. I think it would sound much more better, if i could say "My OKW rank is Silver II".
-Give faceplates or tank skins depending on level. For an example top 1 (Jesulin) :thumbsup: Would receive some epic skin for tanks.
-Are all 1v1s ranked? Sometimes i feel they are not. I have played with Luvnest and Helping Hans, quess who have won? No, this is nothing personal against those skilled players, but i would prefer to wait 5 minutes to meet same rank player, rather than play with top 10 player, who stomps me in 15 minutes.
-This is a crazy idea, but is it possible to create an option with small player amount of CoH2, which would make us able to play not ranked games? For an example i sometimes would like to test Ostruppen strategies. But usually i end up failing. I dont want to lose my ranks.
12 Jan 2015, 21:23 PM

the game never got shipped with ranking, we're lucky to even get a visible ranking system, and even then the had to ask coh2.org (a fansite, not even their offical forums) to host the rankings, i wouldn't expect anything more, they don't care anymore.

your ideas are all awesome though! fingers crossed
12 Jan 2015, 22:01 PM

I think all of your ideas would make Coh2 a better game.
12 Jan 2015, 22:25 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Nobody wants to play with me :(

But good idea overall, anything is better than the current laddersystem!
12 Jan 2015, 22:30 PM

Also what do you think about ladder reset? If ranks would reset every six months "new" players could climb up the ladder much easier. For an example some old long lose streaks still hurt my ranks. LoL (again kappa) resets ranks once in a year.
12 Jan 2015, 23:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think ladder resets are a great idea too
13 Jan 2015, 00:10 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Im not trying to hate or anything but How is Veloci raptor top 10 after 15 games??
Did he beat jesulin 14 times in a row from his placement games and lose to Cruzz once? or what? that makes no sense.

Im not saying there should be a higher amount of minimum games played/won before a top 20 ranking or anything...

but i am saying that people that have played more,especially more recently should have their ranks higher than people that barely play at all just to hold their spot thanks to their high win PCT through their first 40 or however many games.

Should OMGPOP be ranked top 20 ALL TIME...yes but in the past month i just dont think he is the true no.1 USF player.

Its just not all that fair to the people that play AND win alot,RECENTLY like an Ihitto,romeo,Quentin...

Speaking of romeo, having the most wins as USF earns him the #19 spot?? Does a comparably small sample size win PCT mean more than sheer experience AND WIN pct??? even if he had 10,000 wins and 8,000 losses id put him ahead of someone with 150 games.

Sturmtigersage is getting shafted even worse...2nd most wins gets him the #38 spot with a 71% win pct...how..?

Hell with the knowledge I have now i feel i could be top 200 by just winning my first 20 placement games on my friends account or something.
13 Jan 2015, 00:22 AM

I agreevwith above poster
13 Jan 2015, 01:02 AM

13 Jan 2015, 01:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

yep you get way too much elo by playing your first 10 to 20 matches. Thats why the AT ladders are so full with teams that barely have any games played
13 Jan 2015, 02:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

First 10 Quali games >>> First 20 games > Quality = Quantity

This is more or less how the ladder works. While quantity can take you to places above your skill level, quality matters. So having a +70% W/L with a huge amount of games isn't neccesarily better than a +90% with fewer games.
Heck, with my AT we are the living proof that by winning somes games you can get to top3 AT (double OKW lazy OP). I think we had the (or one of) the lowest W/L ratio at the top50.

13 Jan 2015, 02:55 AM

Having visible rankings in the load screen would be extremely good. It's possible to have another laptop or something or alt tab to find out people's ranks if you're dedicated anyway, so IMO it should display. As it is, you get to see what their in-game level is which is so meaningless. But I do get grumpy when it pairs me up with people who are Prestige 3 or something and have obviously played 2-3x more games than me. Even though it should theoretically be in the same skill level anyway.
13 Jan 2015, 11:06 AM

Am am not sure, but did all ladders reset when WFA came?
13 Jan 2015, 12:04 PM

Nice ideas, I liked the faceplates on rank system we had on Coh1. Something like that could be implemented here =).
13 Jan 2015, 13:02 PM
Patrion 14

All good ideas. This is my wish list:

-display the ladder rank & ladder position in the loading screen
-add a ingame ladder
-levels should mean something like they did in CoH, please remove this everyone-can-get-max-level system. It makes levels pointless

I doubt Relic will do something about this.

One additional note about the match making. I am currently rank 142 as Soviets. It happens very often that i search two till five seconds and get a top 10 player or someone who´s rank is 1400+. Both makes no sense to me. Ok, maybe there aren't´t enough players but i got the feeling the system doesn't even try to find a fair match up sometimes.
13 Jan 2015, 13:14 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This hundred levels of stars where everybody gets XP for everything they do was a bad idea from the start. If you don't have to earn it, how could it matter? Now we have 300 levels of badges and prestige that don't matter at all. Very poor design.

• Create a rank system that matters and reflects skill and ELO.
  • Show players their own ELO.
13 Jan 2015, 13:29 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 18:32 PMl4hti
I think CoH2 ranking system is not very responsive and rewarding. I know, the amount of players might be too small for epic rankings like in League of Legends, but in this thread i share some thoughts i have about this.

-Make us able to see ranks in game menus! Now we have to go here coh2.org or official ranking page from browser and search our steam id to see our ranks. I dont even know when I climb up the ladder, I have to always check it from coh2.org.
-Introduce new ranking system with ranks like this: Bronze, Silver, Gold or something like that. I don´t mean Relic should copy everything from League of Legends, but LoL is a good example from good ranking system Now my rank is 800 as OKW. I think it would sound much more better, if i could say "My OKW rank is Silver II".
-Give faceplates or tank skins depending on level. For an example top 1 (Jesulin) :thumbsup: Would receive some epic skin for tanks.
-Are all 1v1s ranked? Sometimes i feel they are not. I have played with Luvnest and Helping Hans, quess who have won? No, this is nothing personal against those skilled players, but i would prefer to wait 5 minutes to meet same rank player, rather than play with top 10 player, who stomps me in 15 minutes.
-This is a crazy idea, but is it possible to create an option with small player amount of CoH2, which would make us able to play not ranked games? For an example i sometimes would like to test Ostruppen strategies. But usually i end up failing. I dont want to lose my ranks.

Good points, some of which I have been begging Relic to bring into the game since before beta. Still have no idea why they haven't done anything yet.
13 Jan 2015, 13:34 PM
Benefactor 115

I'm sure all your ideas will get passed on to the correct people. :guyokay:
13 Jan 2015, 13:36 PM

then you realise there are no more 'correct people' left in relic :snfBarton:
13 Jan 2015, 13:43 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yeah to be honest I've given up trying to help them as my feedback goes unnoticed. Now I keep my expectations incredibly low. If anything does actually happen I'll consider it a miracle and I'll check out my window for flying pigs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight