Login

russian armor

Ostheer infantry commanders

12 Jan 2015, 10:47 AM

Americans have 1919,defensive stance.Or veteran riflemen/flamethrowers to boost their infantry.Plus elite call-in infantry.

OKW elite call-in infantry,mgs.Plus stock obers.

Soviets have whole commanders dedicated to boosting conscripts plus elite call-in infantry.

Ostheer has no commander that boosts panzergrenadiers or grenadiers .The g43 upgrade is worse than the stock one,stormtroops are no better than pzgrens and eat huge muni.Ass grens suck after 5 mins.
Why is this?Why isn't there an ostheer grenadier support commander or panzergrenadier commander?
Too many repetative abilities in the commanders and none actually helping the underpowered ost infantry.
12 Jan 2015, 12:04 PM

Osttruppen.
Artillery Officer (boosts panzergrenadiers or grenadiers).
Urban Assault PGrens.
Trench.
Camouflage.
12 Jan 2015, 12:21 PM

Elite troops?

And G43 is still viable and potent upgrade, especially against soviets who want(need) to always close distance.

Ostheer infantry is by default designed to fill pretty much all elite roles with the stock upgrades, so no wonder there is nothing that boost them even further, at least not in a way you expect them to be boosted.

You still have tactical maneuvers and ambush camo.
12 Jan 2015, 12:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There are plenty, it's just that no one uses them very much

Storm - Movement + Camo

Lightning War - G43 + Movement + Relief Infantry

Jaeger Infantry - Movement + Camo + G43

Infantry - Officer + Movement + Relief

12 Jan 2015, 12:32 PM
12 Jan 2015, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 12:32 PMnigo
take a look:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/2rivkj/if_you_enjoy_infantry_tactics_you_must_try_a/

That's actually a really good post. I read it sometime over the last week or so and it really made me wan to take a look into it....then I realized I didn't have either of the commanders :*(
12 Jan 2015, 12:44 PM

That's actually a really good post. I read it sometime over the last week or so and it really made me wan to take a look into it....then I realized I didn't have either of the commanders :*(

How can you not have Jaeger Infantry, which atleast used to be one of the three commanders in the starting ostheer loadout?
12 Jan 2015, 12:47 PM

I don't think anything like that is needed for Ost. They just need their HMG42 fixed and their infantry fight is fixed.

Osttruppen.
Urban Assault PGrens.
Trench.
Camouflage.
Your new signature makes me seem like a total noob. :D
12 Jan 2015, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 12:44 PMCruzz

How can you not have Jaeger Infantry, which atleast used to be one of the three commanders in the starting ostheer loadout?

Got jaeger armor, but no jaeger infantry. I'd dare say if your correct, it would be because it "used" to be one of them.
12 Jan 2015, 13:00 PM

Got jaeger armor, but no jaeger infantry. I'd dare say if your correct, it would be because it "used" to be one of them.

It's still a non-premium commander, so if you don't have it that means that new players now are starting with less commanders than people who started before warspoils was implemented, which would be pretty ridiculous.
12 Jan 2015, 13:01 PM

Osttruppen.
Urban Assault PGrens.
Trench.
Camouflage.

Ostruppen..Really?
Again... Really?
Never heard of them.
Gives building cover and even more vulnerable to grenade.Also totally shit doctrines.Even OKW with fortifications doc doesn't bother using it.
Camoflage -half the cost of an LMG upgrade for a highly situational upgrade.
12 Jan 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 12:21 PMKatitof
Elite troops?

And G43 is still viable and potent upgrade, especially against soviets who want(need) to always close distance.

Ostheer infantry is by default designed to fill pretty much all elite roles with the stock upgrades, so no wonder there is nothing that boost them even further, at least not in a way you expect them to be boosted.

You still have tactical maneuvers and ambush camo.

25 fuel to get veterancy on my infantry?While rifles get the same for 10 extra MP..fair i'm sure.People very rarely use this on infantry except mortars or rarely mg42.

Viable..perhaps.Against USA its shit,vs soviets moderately useful.Its lack of use will testify to its effectiveness.

Ostheer has no 'elite roles'.Panzergrenadier is a laughing stock that was renerfed lol.

Tactical movement-who are u kidding..completely useless except for shreck blobs.Due to pzgren reinforce and crippling cost no one uses more than 1-2 ever and only as stopgap,if at all.

Ostheer infantry units are the most easily wiped in the game from beginning to end.All 4 squads,bad attacking on any movement..poor support mg.High reinforce costs.Whenever 1 member dies 25% dps GONE.
12 Jan 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 13:00 PMCruzz

It's still a non-premium commander, so if you don't have it that means that new players now are starting with less commanders than people who started before warspoils was implemented, which would be pretty ridiculous.

:ot:Well I've got:
COMMON
Blitzkrieg
Festung Armor
Festung Support
German Infantry
German Mechanized
UNCOMMON
Joint Operations
RARE
Elite troops
Mechanized Assault
Mobile Defense

I obviously can't tell you if I have more or less than what players had when they started but there's my complete list of OST commanders. Including got the ones from buying TOW's and I've no idea which ones I got from warspoils as opposed to which ones were already available to me.
12 Jan 2015, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 12:32 PMnigo
take a look:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/2rivkj/if_you_enjoy_infantry_tactics_you_must_try_a/

Unfortunately
1.Its in bad doctrines
2.Requires a lot of micro.
3.Purely Defensive.
4.Can't stop blobs

And most important
-Hugely muni intensive.
12 Jan 2015, 13:15 PM

Osttruppen.
Urban Assault PGrens.
Trench.
Camouflage.

Personally I am not supporting the mate who started the topic.

Few comments about your proposal.

The best defensive unit for Ostheer is MG42.

So, according to that no one of your suggested units may perform an attack

one of the golden rules of war states:war cannot be won by sitting in defence

Osttruppen - suck - has to be in cover = only for defence.
Artillery Officer (boosts panzer grenadiers vs grenadiers). - suck - Support unit. Comes with some useless commanders. (noone uses Assault Support Doctrine nowadays) He is only good for Panzerwerfer additional barrage for 80 ammo.
Urban Assault Grens. (Does anyone have them? Could some one to prove their effectiveness? well instead of one MP44 PGs have flamethrower)
Trench.- defensive option. magnet for any types of grenades.
Camouflage -sucking expensive defensive options.
12 Jan 2015, 13:16 PM

There are plenty, it's just that no one uses them very much

Storm - Movement + Camo

Lightning War - G43 + Movement + Relief Infantry

Jaeger Infantry - Movement + Camo + G43

Infantry - Officer + Movement + Relief

G43 and camo are moderately useful occasionally.Tac movement joke.
Officer joke unless joint ops..not an infantry thing at all.
Relief infantry worst ability in the game.Comes waay too late..no one will bleed vetted troops with high reinforce to get some shitty osttruppen..don't make me laugh.
12 Jan 2015, 13:18 PM

Just because you disregard it, doesn't mean its not there, like you try to claim.
12 Jan 2015, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 12:47 PMsteel
I don't think anything like that is needed for Ost. They just need their HMG42 fixed and their infantry fight is fixed.

What is the point of so many useless abilities making doctrines redundant?Every faction gets elite infantry but not ost,can't even have selective commanders to get good infantry play throughout.
Even so called'advanced infantry' pzgrens are weak shit.LMG42 grens still can't fight paras with LMGs blobbed and lower reinforce than grens,neither can pzgrens..what are u to do?And don't even get started on popcornsprayer42.
12 Jan 2015, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 13:18 PMKatitof
Just because you disregard it, doesn't mean its not there, like you try to claim.

None of them of any use ,that can be part of the meta.Redundant options and no options are same thing.
12 Jan 2015, 13:33 PM

What is the point of so many useless abilities making doctrines redundant?
Everything you talked about earlier have actually been useful in my 2v2 lately. My new strat involves 0 heavy armour and I always go for Panzer IV regardless of the enemy I fight against. All of my doctrines for 2v2 have no Tiger. Because of that, all abilities are reasonable for me.

Tactical Movement - I use it for doing a 'blitzkrieg' where I just rush through and let my teammate cover the flank.

Camouflage - For HMG42 or G43 grenadier. If done right, it can hurt the enemy a lot.

G43 - Very useful. Hurts USF riflemen a lot and can be used to wipe them out rapidly.

Artillery Field Officer - When helping out your teammate on his side, a single officer can be enough help

Relief Infantry - I use it when I blitzkrieg into enemy territory so that I can reclaim more AT gun as needed from the enemy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★