Login

russian armor

Your Top 3 idea for diversifying the meta.

9 Jan 2015, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2015, 18:16 PMAffe
My idea to fix all Problems in CoH2: Another competent Company then Relic should design the game. Relic is completely unable to give this game a good design or listen to the community. The meta is a failure from relic because they dont have any idea what they a doing and they are ignoring all the fans since 2 years.

people say that about every developer short of valve
9 Jan 2015, 18:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

remove okw
remove call in tanks
make soviet non doc tanks better
9 Jan 2015, 19:08 PM

remove okw
remove call in tanks
make soviet non doc tanks better

It s hopeless. Relic will ignore you and all the others like they have done over the last 2 years.
9 Jan 2015, 19:11 PM

i guess we have to resort to violence then
9 Jan 2015, 21:13 PM
Donator 11

I think popcap should be lower so fewer units are on the battlefield making player choose if he wants an infantry blob or tanks
9 Jan 2015, 21:29 PM

On Tank Meta: High end tanks like the Panther, Easy Eight, T-34/85 will get minor fuel income debuffs while Tigers and IS-2's will gain a more crippling penalty. The King Tiger on the other hand will cripple resources to the point where you won't be able to park it behind your lines and wait for another. Hitboxes for all tanks will be reviewed, tanks like the Panther will have 15% front and 85% rear, while tanks like the T-34 will have 70% front and 30% rear. Armour will be adjusted when applicable, rear armour in particular will be nerfed, especially on Heavy Tanks. Additionally, tanks will have their population caps reworked to better reflect their impact on the game and each other.

On Infantry AT: PTRS reworked to be an enlarged infantry rifle, damage reduced to 20 while accuracy and rate of fire see dramatic increases. It can fight infantry as well as a normal rifle, with the added benefit of causing damage to Tanks. Though it suffers from damage and penetration, it's increased rate of fire and 100% accuracy vs vehicles help make up for this. The Bazooka sees its scatter decreased and its damage increased to 110, reload may be increased if needed. Panzerschrecks on Panzergrenadiers are fine, but Panzerschrecks on Volksgrenadiers are removed and a Panzerjäger Heavy Infantry squad with one Panzerschreck is introduced instead. Panzerjägers take 50% less damage but have 50% income accuracy, making them more resistant to explosions but not small arms fire. Volks get an AI upgrade with cheap Panzerfausts (no engine critical).

On Artillery: Artillery may now choose between slow accurate fire (with less shells), or fast saturation fire (with more shells). The B-4 now fires 3 shells with reduced potency, precision strike remains the same. Howitzers now have a 0HP crit that changes the model to destroyed, but does not kill the gun, disabling 'one-shotting' and allowing it be repaired back to full health to continue function. Howitzers gain a "take cover" ability that causes the crew to move 15 meters from the gun, in order to avoid attacks, though this does not remove them from the squad and killing the gun will just make them retreat off-map. The ability to fire howitzers is disabled on enemy HQ sectors (not applicable to any forward HQ).

OKW is a whole 'nother can of worms, so I won't get into that. Their critically flawed design and subsequent last minute changes have made them a monster that only gets stronger the more you beat it. Some of my suggestions address issues the OKW has, but not all of them. Overpowered units, redundant units, and overall lack of strategy still remain a key faults of the faction.

people say that about every developer short of valve

I've heard people say it of Valve too lately, due to their seemingly exclusive focus on CS:GO, DOTA 2, and the online market (steam as well as the community markets).
9 Jan 2015, 22:30 PM

anyone else feel in terms in heavy tanks they should all get the ISU-152 nerf and have to switch shells? I think its a fair price for such powerful guns good vs anything
9 Jan 2015, 23:21 PM

The one major idea I came up with after a year or so of playing CoH2 - for diversifying the meta as well as boosting strategic and tactical gameplay- is removing caches etc. Described in more detail here
9 Jan 2015, 23:36 PM
Patrion 14

1. rework doctrinal tanks, less efficient, in line with non doc tanks
2. okw
3. maps maps maps
10 Jan 2015, 01:13 AM

Make 66% of all ostheer units currently redundant and its ridiculous tech cost useable again.

Rework doctrines,change useless abilities on commanders.New options,means fluid meta and fun.

Deal with the 'heavy tank' problem.
10 Jan 2015, 02:42 AM
Benefactor 392

1! people trying out new shit to make things work
2@ people stop cloning other plays
3# people stop being sheep
10 Jan 2015, 02:55 AM

i guess we have to resort to violence then

Choose your weapon.

10 Jan 2015, 03:48 AM

Give OKW a medium tank.
10 Jan 2015, 06:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

1! people trying out new shit to make things work
2@ people stop cloning other plays
3# people stop being sheep

I was going to say something along those lines

I might also add:

4: Do all of the above rather than complaining about it on forums
10 Jan 2015, 06:12 AM

and then lose games?
10 Jan 2015, 06:21 AM

Permanently Banned
Remove OKW and USF

Mainly OKW
10 Jan 2015, 06:24 AM

1. Increase CP requirements to call in heavier tanks so players need to invest in medium tanks for a reasonable amount of time. Medium tank battles are far more micro-intensive and entertaining.

Vote for it here

2. Fix HMG42 so that it suppresses easily. This enables all of the other Wehrmacht early-game units (all long-range based) to function and would probably open up the entire game for them.

Vote for it here

3. Make the raketenwerfer highly responsive instead of the borderline buggy mess it currently is so that OKW can spend munitions on something other than panzerschreks.

Vote for it here
10 Jan 2015, 06:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 06:12 AMNinjaWJ
and then lose games?

My bad

I thought we were doing this for fun
10 Jan 2015, 07:19 AM

I'm basically in the belief that the largest problem is the fact the people hold this undying belief in the existence of a meta based on what units are currently the most OP. not what works best based on the map they get dealt with.

1. Commander abilities need to be fixed to be more focused on particular aspects of how a faction can be played. Sorry if you don't agree but I find USF and OKW commanders are almost spot on in this aspect where as the OST and SOV commanders are way out of proportion due to how many of them there are and the lack of diversity between their abilities, making them too similar to other ones. This alone could change the "Current" meta.

2. Don't follow build orders, learn to counter your opponents and predict what they are going to try next. What use is following a build order when strategy games are about countering your opponent with the right units at the right time, not being predictable.

3. More map variety just more its quite a poor list at the moment.
10 Jan 2015, 07:26 AM

we can do whatever we want, sure the meta influences what is popular or not, but in the end it is all up to us. but it only goes so far.

i generally do whatever i feel like that will help me win games. WIN GAMES. No one plays to lose games. Most of us want to win games.

Now you can do whatever you want, but in the end, it's about doing more for less. Does the strategy work with the least amount of effort/knowledge/micro.

Now i will take Lenny's NKVD guide as an example ( no offense Lenny i love you baby). You could probably achieve the same result by calling in heavy tanks that can demolish the eneemy rather than microing the crap out of conscripts and your nondoctrinal tanks. Why spend so much effort trying to keep your fragile units alive when an ISU152 can just wipe out enemy squads for you with one shot. it's all about doing more, with less.

Sometimes, you can't force something that is broken/weak into becoming a viable unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS