Login

russian armor

Sherman AP fails to penetrate Tiger rear armor

6 Jan 2015, 14:50 PM
Donator 11

It feels so absurd, but sherman cant even penetrate tigers rear armor. Is it ok? Even a single T-34 can circle around a Tiger a do a decent rear armor damage, but Sherman feels like an overprised light tank.

Is Sherman only good as AI weapon with its machine gun and HE rounds?
6 Jan 2015, 14:59 PM

Just today my 2 Shermans killed Tiger Ace by shooting at rear armor... Also Sherman is stronger than T34.
6 Jan 2015, 15:00 PM

I find it funny that if a medium tank is ONLY GOOD at squad wiping, but can't beat up a heavy tank; then it sucks.
6 Jan 2015, 15:01 PM
Donator 11

My shots bounced off so I guess I was unlucky
6 Jan 2015, 15:02 PM

It feels so absurd, but sherman cant even penetrate tigers rear armor. Is it ok? Even a single T-34 can circle around a Tiger a do a decent rear armor damage, but Sherman feels like an overprised light tank.

Is Sherman only good as AI weapon with its machine gun and HE rounds?

Sherman AP has exact same penetration, better accuracy and faster firing than T34/76. Next.
6 Jan 2015, 15:03 PM
Donator 11

I find it funny that if a medium tank is ONLY GOOD at squad wiping, but can't beat up a heavy tank; then it sucks.

It should at least leave a scratch on its rear armor dont you think, but my shots bounced off its REAR armor, come on
6 Jan 2015, 15:05 PM
Donator 11

Guys, thatnks for replys, but I feel stupid, is there some trick which I dont know? I mean I was shooting in tigers rear armor and my shots bounced off. Was it becouse I was moving? Is there a targeting issue?
6 Jan 2015, 15:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 15:02 PMCruzz

Sherman AP has exact same penetration, better accuracy and faster firing than T34/76. Next.

I watched one of your games in which you were agressive with shermans and traded shermans in 2 for 1 ratio VS OKW jagdpanzer becouse your shots were bouncing off.

I really dont get it. In coh1 sherman was a decent tank, but in coh2 its a piece of crap.
6 Jan 2015, 15:11 PM

There is only rear armor and front armor, no side armor. The side of a tank is split in half, consisting of both front and rear armor. So maybe you did hit the frontal sidearmor?

Besides that, you could have gotten just unlucky, and I think the Tiger has pretty good rear armor anyway in comparison to its front. Tanks like the Elephant in contrast, have almost no rear armor in comparison to their front.
6 Jan 2015, 15:15 PM
Donator 11

I came from behind and made two shots 100% guaranteed in the ass of the tiger, none of them penetrated, then I was circling around tiger and made three shots on front and side, NO PENETRATION, NOT EVEN A SCRATCH and then I rage quit from the game becouse its just simply absurd
6 Jan 2015, 15:16 PM

If you forgot to use AP rounds? Send a replay.
6 Jan 2015, 15:17 PM

Tiger Rear Armour 180
Sherman penetration 120.0/100.0/80.0

18/12 = 66 %

You just were unlucky.
6 Jan 2015, 15:18 PM

I watched one of your games in which you were agressive with shermans and traded shermans in 2 for 1 ratio VS OKW jagdpanzer becouse your shots were bouncing off.

I really dont get it. In coh1 sherman was a decent tank, but in coh2 its a piece of crap.

Me trading shermans for Jagd was more about me knowing that letting OKW build up armor is a surefire way to lose the game, so to prevent that I was happy to take the slight MP trade in exchange for killing Barton's fuel reserves. Worked out fine if you ask me, even when I did a massive mistake of losing two shermans to some ultrashrekked up volks which normally would end the game I still got back into it because Barton had spent all his fuel on those jagds.

Sherman is very good, atleast in 1vs1. In 2vs2 and beyond it has massive survivability problems due to everything guaranteed penetrating it on axis side.
6 Jan 2015, 15:23 PM

Permanently Banned
In contrast to OP's thread title I've had 2 shermans run straight up to a Panther and penetrate it at close range from the front.

Dat RNG :snfBarton:
6 Jan 2015, 15:26 PM

I play USF in team games and Sherman is useless versus armors. Shit as was in real. Only E8 and Jacsksons can penetrate german armors.

Only variant is Sherman versus infantry and AT gun versus armors.
6 Jan 2015, 15:26 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 15:18 PMCruzz

Me trading shermans for Jagd was more about me knowing that letting OKW build up armor is a surefire way to lose the game, so to prevent that I was happy to take the slight MP trade in exchange for killing Barton's fuel reserves. Worked out fine if you ask me, even when I did a massive mistake of losing two shermans to some ultrashrekked up volks which normally would end the game I still got back into it because Barton had spent all his fuel on those jagds.

Sherman is very good, atleast in 1vs1. In 2vs2 and beyond it has massive survivability problems due to everything guaranteed penetrating it on axis side.

How did you know that Barton would buy another jagd?
6 Jan 2015, 15:29 PM

In contrast to OP's thread title I've had 2 shermans run straight up to a Panther and penetrate it at close range from the front.

Dat RNG :snfBarton:
How about my M4 sherman HE round that killed a Panther from the front. Dat RNG.:snfBarton:
6 Jan 2015, 15:30 PM

How did you know that Barton would buy another jagd?

He didn't have flakhq until really lategame, it would've been obvious if he started trying to get a panther. And without a single vehicle on his side it would've been fairly trivial to push him entirely off the map.
6 Jan 2015, 15:33 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 15:16 PMl4hti
If you forgot to use AP rounds? Send a replay.

I was AP rounds as my sherman was newly produced fresh and just hit the field while Tiger rolled over the spawn point looking for Jacksson but finding nothing turned back and thats when my sherman grabbed his ass

6 Jan 2015, 15:34 PM

i wish the t-34/76 was as good as a sherman. Sadly that thing is horrible
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight