Login

russian armor

Long range faction imbalance killing gameplay

5 Jan 2015, 10:27 AM

OKW was designed so badly it needs a complete re work. Not sure if we're going to see it though. Probably not.

Even in 1v1 OKW has an advantage, anything beyond that is basically broken. Large team games like 3v3 and 4v4 beyond any hope ATM.
I know what you're talking about because I've seen OKW blob melting my infantry too many times. Even instant retreat is not enough to save your troops sometimes.
Obers are the most broken but the list doesn't stop there. Falls are in need for adjustment as well. The whole of OKW is in a need for adjustment.

5 Jan 2015, 11:06 AM

OKW is broken but only about long range DPS.
LMG34 + Obers veterancy = terminator.
Cons+34, rifles with 34... This weapon is insane.
None unit should be way stronger than Grens with LMG. There was a time before WFA when we were complaining how OP grens with LMG are. WFA has proved we were wrong :thumbsup:
Rifles should have limit for LMG (1 per squad), same for Paras but Obers have to toned down to 14-17 far DPS.
Falsch should not be better at far range than Grens.
Change their DPS from 42 - 18 to 50 - 9.
But that's only infantry... Look at vehicles.

Flak 17 - in game it's a verion with opening sides which means this is verion made for Luftwaffe.
Only 12-15 were ever made!
Luchs - 136 ever made (first made in IV 1942) and by III 1945 less than 200 PzIIs (not Luchs but all version of PzII) were still avaible.
Strumtiger - 18
Ostwind - 40-50
I can't find any information about Stuka zu fuss.
Puma - 500+
JP IV/70 - ~1000
King Tiger - ~500
Jadgtger - 79

Highly specialized, I get it but units like Flak, Strumtiger, Ostwind and Luchs are for me really controversial because of these numbers. They were so rare, they should be ONLY as doctrinal units. Stock units should not be rare, they should be common. These 4 units were not common at all (Ostwind is doc but non-doc for Ost).
5 Jan 2015, 15:53 PM

beatable but skill involved is much greater for the allies. basically there's almost 0 room for error. lose the AA HT, you are fucked. while all the okw player has to do is merely focus fire on the AA HT with laser guided schrecks and you are forced to pull back for repairs, leaving ur LT, rifles and whatever other infantry open to rape.

apart from lmg paras, most allied infantry rely on getting in close to match german infantry dps. high risk, extremely mp costly but only mediocre rewards because once in short range, lmgs has already done a good number on ur guys, you'd either not have the numbers/dps to push them away and to retreat urself or they'd just retreat with minimal casualties, then a move back into ur position later.

what others are suggesting voltardark is simply for you to play a perfect game to best okw competitively, else well, bend over and lube up.
5 Jan 2015, 16:10 PM

The only OKW weakness is indirect fire. If you get some lucky sqaud wipes then you have a fighting chance late game.
5 Jan 2015, 16:11 PM

Well thanks you all for the comments.

Hopefully Relic's devs will do something to improve the balance in long range infantry fight.

Thanks.

5 Jan 2015, 16:19 PM

The only OKW weakness is indirect fire. If you get some lucky sqaud wipes then you have a fighting chance late game.

And a QQ thread, because ubermensch actually died and that is unacceptable(Scott or B4 threads for example).
5 Jan 2015, 18:08 PM

Permanently Banned
Axis players be like,

I don't understand! Why isn't my IWin button working?!?!
6 Jan 2015, 10:44 AM

Please tell me this is a bad joke.
6 men, full health paras with double LMGs going down by vet 5, 3 models left stormpios.
On the picture you can see exp from the 6th model which was shooted down at the beginning.

6 Jan 2015, 12:02 PM

Long range units should have remain dps support units and close range units the one providing the real dps.
This in order to favor tactic and gameplay for all factions. But Relic is Relic, and his game designer decisions questionable...
6 Jan 2015, 13:06 PM

6 men, full health paras with double LMGs going down by vet 5, 3 models left stormpios.
On the picture you can see exp from the 6th model which was shooted down at the beginning.

no its the allied player being stupid. standing in the optimal range for the SP's and slashing the dps of his own para's in half

are you going to complain about VG's that shoot down a ST squad because said squad stands at range 35?
6 Jan 2015, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 13:06 PMJaigen

no its the allied player being stupid. standing in the optimal range for the SP's and slashing the dps of his own para's in half

are you going to complain about VG's that shoot down a ST squad because said squad stands at range 35?

This is not close range, close-medium range. Distance 10 means 37dps for Stormpios, but since there are 3 models left, it means that dps is around 27. What's more, Stormpios are damaged, and they should not be first line infantry, they are pioneer!

On the other hand, you have Paras with double LMGs = 33dps, one model less which means that dps is around 30.
So Elite Infantry with more models, higher health, better DPS, is loosing to damaged, 3 models pioneer at mid range.
No wonder why they can not stand against Obers even if it's 2 squads vs 1 squad.
6 Jan 2015, 13:43 PM

This is not close range, close-medium range. Distance 10 means 37dps for Stormpios, but since there are 3 models left, it means that dps is around 27. What's more, Stormpios are damaged, and they should not be first line infantry, they are pioneer!

On the other hand, you have Paras with double LMGs = 33dps, one model less which means that dps is around 30.
So Elite Infantry with more models, higher health, better DPS, is loosing to damaged, 3 models pioneer at mid range.
No wonder why they can not stand against Obers even if it's 2 squads vs 1 squad.

looks like midrange to me where neither his carbines not lmg's are effective. suffice to say this was a stupid move of the allied player.

also why highlight the pioneer?
6 Jan 2015, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 13:43 PMJaigen

looks like midrange to me where neither his carbines not lmg's are effective. suffice to say this was a stupid move of the allied player.

Ok, I will say one more time. I said about DPS around 10 distance (in favour for Paras)., but if it's mid range let's assume it's 15. At 15 it's 26 for Storimpios vs 29 for Paras. One model less for Stormpio = dps around 19, for Paras, around 27. So higer DPS, elite infantry, more health and still able to kill 1 model while stormpios killed 4.

Stormpio has advantage over Paras ar 0-5-10 (57vs41 - 51v41 - 37vs33) but there are 3 models so you have to cut DPS by 1/4. This means they will have higer DPS at 0, same DPS at 5 and lower DPS at 10.

For me this is example how broken vet 5 system is.

Because they are pioneers and pioneers should not stand against elite infatry.
Imgaine RE wiping Falsch.

I like how you are always lost in the fog and need a beacon of light to show you the way.

I love this one :thumbsup:
6 Jan 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 13:43 PMJaigen

Paras carbines are mid range weapon, pretty much like G43 and garands.
LMGs at that range loose maybe 1.5 DPS per piece.

I like how you are always lost in the fog and need a beacon of light to show you the way.
Would be awesome if you for once checked what are you talking about, because you're pretty much always wrong.
6 Jan 2015, 14:24 PM

Paras carbines are mid range weapon, pretty much like G43 and garands.
LMGs at that range loose maybe 1.5 DPS per piece.

Would be awesome if you for once checked what are you talking about, because you're pretty much always wrong.

as far as i know caebines lose half the dps at that range. lmg's lose 20% of the dps. but the fact is however that the allied player made a very noob move. sending in a lmg squad closer to pio squad.
6 Jan 2015, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 13:06 PMJaigen

You also failed to mention the mortor/ISG that was firing at you, the smoke trails can be clearly seen in both pics, try again.

EDIT, wrong person quoted
6 Jan 2015, 15:49 PM

You also failed to mention the mortor/ISG that was firing at you, the smoke trails and crater can be clearly seen in both pics, try again......
6 Jan 2015, 15:52 PM

You also failed to mention the mortor/ISG that was firing at you, the smoke trails and crater can be clearly seen in both pics, try again......

LOL, this is smoke after Panther or Jadgpanzer shot. Wanna bigger picture to see icon of Obers, Volks, Stormpio, Panther and Jadgpanzer only?
6 Jan 2015, 15:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can we have vid or replay instead of a single pic ? So we know if any player made any other mistakes. Things like moving slightly or getting hit by other things.

AND as always, RNG can be a factor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS