Login

russian armor

Long range faction imbalance killing gameplay

4 Jan 2015, 23:45 PM

Thanks for the noob's comments... plz go troll elswhere

thanks

i was rank 40 with the soviets in 1v1 and top 100 with the others. But hey, rank doesnt matter, still a noob.

By the way, my answer wasnt a troll comment, but actually a serious attempt of analyzing the info you provided us. Really, no reason to get that salty.
5 Jan 2015, 00:22 AM

Hi friends, .........................

Comments ?

What you really said:

I was outnumbered by superior fighting force in a unfavorable map conditions for my troops.
By a player who used long range superiority of his troops to his advantage, while I sat there like a sitting duck.
Even tho I had bad composition of units to face the opponent to begin with, and my reluctance to try to do anything about it by using smoke/cover/limited withdrawal etc to alter unfavorable position into my advantage or avoid facing superior fighting force. I am angry because I should have won that fight or at least cause severe damage to opponents fighting force that used all of my units weaknesses to his advantage.

I use this point ^ to highlight problems with infantry range discrepancies and abuse of it

my comment:

Tho you may have a point, you might reconsider using example you have given and instead of being stubborn about validity of your example and what you really wanted to say, who is noob and not, etc.
Your example negates any valid point you might have, and until you rectify that, you cannot expect people to take seriously your argument nor having mature discussion.

Happy new year to you too
5 Jan 2015, 00:48 AM

Yeah Voltdark, just give up already. People aren't agreeing with you. Come back later with a good example and an actual replay.
5 Jan 2015, 01:35 AM

Agree, a major fault of OKW's design was a resource penalty and no cheap armour like Panzer IV Ausf. J's or StuG III Ausf. G's. Instead you get a faction who's meta is to blob AT and grab a Panther then go for a King Tiger. But somehow expensive vehicles, resource penalty, and very blobbable infantry sounded good on the drawing board, and we got OKW.

Not even a Panther is worth it in any game mode higher than 1's. 175 fuel for a tank that's only good against other thanks with a horrendous reload time. Far better off getting a Jadgpanzer for AT and a luchs for AI. Or you know just keep spamming infantry because that works to.

In a dream world I would give the OKW the PIV Ausf J as a non-doc, with elite armored having Panzer IV aces (vet 5). I would put it on the mechanized HQ, with the StuG going on the medic HQ.
5 Jan 2015, 01:35 AM
Patrion 14

my comment:

Tho you may have a point, you might reconsider using example you have given and instead of being stubborn about validity of your example and what you really wanted to say, who is noob and not, etc.
Your example negates any valid point you might have, and until you rectify that, you cannot expect people to take seriously your argument nor having mature discussion.

this. i find it pretty hard that a well microed US AA Halftrack couldn't handle the blob... especially when you had screening infantries.
5 Jan 2015, 02:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

First of all: video or replay.

Second: if you keep on denial that you played bad your cards and you should still had been able to kill something, you are never gonna improve.

Third: situation analysis.

-2 Vet 1 Rifles: they just have AT nades. No vet bonus. 560mp close/midrange unit
-LT: 320mp (close-midrange unit)
-2 RE: non combat unit with CARBINES 320mp
-AA HT: 350mp 60f

vs

Volks: 705mp + 270muni
FS: 440*3 (i know there actual cost is less) 1320mp.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USF:
Rifles: 10*1.45 = 14.5
RE: 8*0.375 = 3
LT: 3 Garands 1 Thompson 1 bar = 8.2±

OKW:
Volks: 12*1.2 = 14.4 And they have shrecks with might snipe units and they have veterancy edge if they were at least vet1.
FS: 12 * 4.6 = 55.2

NOW, sincere yourself, and tell me how you didn't fuck it up with cover and micro. EVEN having the inferior army, the diversity and utility (supression) should had been able to overcome the situation. It's clear you made a mistake.
5 Jan 2015, 02:14 AM

What you really said:

I was outnumbered by superior fighting force in a unfavorable map conditions for my troops.
By a player who used long range superiority of his troops to his advantage, while I sat there like a sitting duck.
Even tho I had bad composition of units to face the opponent to begin with, and my reluctance to try to do anything about it by using smoke/cover/limited withdrawal etc to alter unfavorable position into my advantage or avoid facing superior fighting force. I am angry because I should have won that fight or at least cause severe damage to opponents fighting force that used all of my units weaknesses to his advantage.

I use this point ^ to highlight problems with infantry range discrepancies and abuse of it

my comment:

Please refrain making shallow comments like that. What happen did happen the way it happen, but it shouldn't have happened without that broken mechanic (Unrealistic, childish long range power). That's the same problem that make Hmg irrelevant too....

So instead of attacking my example, you should focus on the point you perfectly understand.

Do you think that long range infantry dps is good for COH2 like the way it is ? Is it fun ?
And if you see that a change is needed, could you try to suggest something ?

5 Jan 2015, 02:22 AM

this. i find it pretty hard that a well microed US AA Halftrack couldn't handle the blob... especially when you had screening infantries.

I think the same as you, but as my detractors said, i was badly outnumbered (mp speaking)and it was micromanaged by a very (atrocious) noob player (me)

That pour little HT go boom 1.5 secs after the blob wiped my infantry...

I could have save all my units, but we would not have that marvelous discussion.

Thanks !
5 Jan 2015, 02:36 AM

First of all: video or replay.

Second: if you keep on denial that you played bad your cards and you should still had been able to kill something, you are never gonna improve.

Third: situation analysis.

-2 Vet 1 Rifles: they just have AT nades. No vet bonus. 560mp close/midrange unit
-LT: 320mp (close-midrange unit)
-2 RE: non combat unit with CARBINES 320mp
-AA HT: 350mp 60f

vs

Volks: 705mp + 270muni
FS: 440*3 (i know there actual cost is less) 1320mp.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USF:
Rifles: 10*1.45 = 14.5
RE: 8*0.375 = 3
LT: 3 Garands 1 Thompson 1 bar = 8.2±

OKW:
Volks: 12*1.2 = 14.4 And they have shrecks with might snipe units and they have veterancy edge if they were at least vet1.
FS: 12 * 4.6 = 55.2

NOW, sincere yourself, and tell me how you didn't fuck it up with cover and micro. EVEN having the inferior army, the diversity and utility (supression) should had been able to overcome the situation. It's clear you made a mistake.

Nice display, thank you very much it help.
You did not add the dps of the flak ht on the Us side of the dps equation, Why?

Thanks for analysis of Elchino7, we see clearly that the Fall dps outclass anything at far range.

The best decision would have been to retreat losing the 2 At gun. But we wouldn't have that great discussion about how broken some units are at long range for their cost.

Thanks !!

5 Jan 2015, 02:40 AM

Volks and Falls don't even have that great long range dmg output.
However any blob of 6 squads can easily snipe squad after sqaud.
That's why you need to controll the blob with you AA halftrack which has a superior range vs the Schrecks (50 vs 35).

There's no way you gonna lose an AA halftrack a against a blob of volks if you just keep your range advantage.

You lost because of bad micro, there are enough tools to handle a blob.

Moreover, dont engange in fights you know you can not win, your mp bleed will be always higher, there's no sense to kill a few models when you are in danger of losing several squads.
5 Jan 2015, 02:48 AM

Volks and Falls don't even have that great long range dmg output.
However any blob of 6 squads can easily snipe squad after sqaud.
That's why you need to controll the blob with you AA halftrack which has a superior range vs the Schrecks (50 vs 35).

There's no way you gonna lose an AA halftrack a against a blob of volks if you just keep your range advantage.

You lost because of bad micro, there are enough tools to handle a blob.

Moreover, dont engange in fight you know you can not win, you mp bleed will be always higher, there's no sense to kill a few models when you are in danger of losing several squads.

Oh boy ! again... please read all my crap/bullshit before making great comments like that...

Thanks you .
5 Jan 2015, 03:14 AM

Please refrain making shallow comments like that. What happen did happen the way it happen, but it shouldn't have happened without that broken mechanic (Unrealistic, childish long range power). That's the same problem that make Hmg irrelevant too....

So instead of attacking my example, you should focus on the point you perfectly understand.

Do you think that long range infantry dps is good for COH2 like the way it is ? Is it fun ?
And if you see that a change is needed, could you try to suggest something ?

No I don't think long range infantry DPS is perfect

No, I won't make any suggestions about infantry DPS because this thread has been derailed at start and it's useless trying to have normal discussion for reasons I given in previous post. (I don't mean discussion with you only)

Start a new thread
5 Jan 2015, 03:47 AM

Wow, that is a sad player card indeed. I agree that you might not want to get in big fights about balance, especially about the new factions. Also, get away from the crutch of big team games. You'll become a lot better at playing real CoH2.
5 Jan 2015, 03:54 AM

My God after seeing this

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561197970790508 :rofl:

you should be BANNED from posting about balance issues FOREVER

Great comments for someone of your age. You must have a greater intellect. At least tier 4.

Many thanks for having taken the time to post on this thread. That was an honor reading you.

P.S:
I just say that if someone want me banned forever, he will have to defeat me in a duel (2 on 3 to win), where both player will have to play OkW and US faction once. The loser will then have to accept to be banned forever...

P.S: If it's not asking too much, could you do the same action on my playcard that you do with your clock or you thumb if it doesn't smell too bad...
5 Jan 2015, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2015, 03:47 AMboc120
Wow, that is a sad player card indeed. I agree that you might not want to get in big fights about balance, especially about the new factions. Also, get away from the crutch of big team games. You'll become a lot better at playing real CoH2.

ahahahahahah !

Thanks for the humor !!!!
5 Jan 2015, 04:40 AM

To be fair, negative WLR with allies in random 4v4 is pretty normal. USF doubly so.
5 Jan 2015, 04:48 AM

Thanks for the noob's comments... plz go troll elswhere

thanks

Wow, someone gives you honest suggestion you asked for and you get butthurt and insult him.

Nevermind, after reading your other posts I concluded you're an arrogant baddie not interested getting better but instead want to find excuses to whine.
5 Jan 2015, 05:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You did not add the dps of the flak ht on the Us side of the dps equation, Why?

Cause i don't know how you used it. It was still? On the move? It had to turn ?

We see clearly that the Fall dps outclass anything at far range.

25.52: LMG34 Ober
22.51: 2x1919 Paratroopers
22.45: 2x1919 Rifleman
18.46: Falls*
*Since they all share the same weapon, their DPS drop off is huge in comparison to squads with upgrade weapon (1919, Bars, LMG34, LMG42, DP, etc.)
16.36: 1919 + Bar Rifleman
14.87: 1x1919 Rifleman
14.34: STG Ober
14.32: DP Guards
14.07: LMG Grens

If you want to complain about long range DPS, you should talk about ANY unit on that list besides Falls. They are balanced by the fact that their DPS drop 25% for each model lost in comparison to any other of the units on the list.
PG have more DPS than Falls till the 20m mark and i don't see anyone complaining about them.

You want to discuss "Long range faction imbalance killing gameplay", well do so with the proper example, data and units. If you still want to do this, make a new thread. The example you give is just missplay, not imbalance.
5 Jan 2015, 05:35 AM
Donator 33

Why does everything have to be killing the game? Can't we at least go back to OP this, that, whatever. See it everywhere on the steam forums too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight