Login

russian armor

KV1?

4 Jan 2015, 09:05 AM

It synergises quite well with Jacksons if you want a USF player as a partner in team games. Should the tank be in more doctrines?

I think that tank could be even non-doctrinal, just a bit more expensive because of it's armor. Would make of a nice T4 unit for soviets. Who said you only can have 3 units of vehicles per tier?
4 Jan 2015, 09:17 AM

I dont think it should be nondoctrinal. Wouldnt really make sense as it was probably obsolete by 1944
4 Jan 2015, 09:28 AM

I dont think it should be nondoctrinal. Wouldnt really make sense as it was probably obsolete by 1944

How many things in CoH2 do make sense? :snfPeter:

Obers, volks having schrecks, teching costs compared to call-ins... the list goes on

I think KV-1 in T4 would make sense, not like this game is historically very accurate anyways.
4 Jan 2015, 09:32 AM

And the t34/76 (well, the gun) wasnt? As well as the su-85... Besides, its a game and it has a role.

Regardless, adding or removing with a "should" simply doesnt happen with Relic. More commanders/content with the kv-1 is a possibility.

4 Jan 2015, 09:32 AM

I'm using counter attack all the time so I know something about KV-1.

I think there are only 2 ways to make use from KV1.

First: stack KV-1 with SU85 behind. It's really deadly combo for Tigers and Panthers.
Yet you can be countered by infantry easily.

Sceond: Garden T4, rely on ZiS (risky) and then just spam KV1s. 1 KV1 is not useful, 2 are still easily countered, but of you have 3, nothing can stop them. Garden schrecks, garden Panther. Just go forward and shoot. When one has less than 50% HP, cover it behind 2 others.
Only really massive AT attack (Pak40, raketen, schrecks, panthers) can stop 3 KV1.
when all 3 have about 50% retreat and repair.

Only threat to KV1 are Elephnat, Jadgtiger and Pak43 but that's why you have B4 :megusta:

It's not designed to flank like T34, it does not have good AT power like SU but 3KV ale always better (more universal, less chance to lose them) than 3 SU85s or 3 T34/76.

Altough I feel like exp needed to vet should be little lower.

It's not hard to get vet 3 with SU, Sherman, Jackson but it's really hard to get vet 3 with KV1.
4 Jan 2015, 10:05 AM

Even using the KV1 with the T34 works, KV1 to soak damage t34 to flank tanks and run down infantry. Though I prefer not to use KV1 or shocks until I know what doctrine my enemy is using so the B4 is a surprise.
4 Jan 2015, 10:08 AM

And the t34/76 (well, the gun) wasnt? As well as the su-85... Besides, its a game and it has a role.

Regardless, adding or removing with a "should" simply doesnt happen with Relic. More commanders/content with the kv-1 is a possibility.

Actually the SU-85 was designed to counter the panther and the tiger which it did very well.

/end of history talk
4 Jan 2015, 10:17 AM

All non-doc Soviet Hardware dates up to about autumn 1943, when the SU-85 came out. Compare that to OKW...
4 Jan 2015, 10:26 AM

Even using the KV1 with the T34 works, KV1 to soak damage t34 to flank tanks and run down infantry. Though I prefer not to use KV1 or shocks until I know what doctrine my enemy is using so the B4 is a surprise.

That's why I have 3 doctrines wich shocks :banana:
4 Jan 2015, 13:22 PM

That's why I have 3 doctrines wich shocks :banana:
Unleash the shock troops.:D
4 Jan 2015, 13:30 PM

You pretty much NEED shock troops in the current mega blob meta, almost every soviet commander without elite troops becomes worthless late game.
4 Jan 2015, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 09:28 AMTNrg

How many things in CoH2 do make sense? :snfPeter:

Obers, volks having schrecks, teching costs compared to call-ins... the list goes on

I think KV-1 in T4 would make sense, not like this game is historically very accurate anyways.

youre right. i mean if it is nondoctrinal or appears more in commanders i would still be okay with it. more variety and options are always a good thing. You know im that "authenticity" guy though B-)

4 Jan 2015, 18:22 PM

KV1 would make more sense in t4, give Counterattack tactics the T-76, or KV2.
4 Jan 2015, 19:56 PM

Then it would fit right in with Relic's version of Soviet weaponry. We've got elite Guardsmen using antitank rifles (LOL), and conscripts throwing bottles of vodka instead of grenades.
4 Jan 2015, 20:28 PM

I've started to notice something quite odd about the KV1 recently - it seems fairly well balanced. I just thought I'd bring this to Relic's attention so they can either make it ridiculously good or completely worthless with an upcoming patch.

All joking aside though, I don't see a ton of KV1s around. The only doc it's in off the top of my head is Counterattack, which I've mainly been using for it's B4. But it's a nice resilient medium that has a non-trivial chance of deflecting shreks, and can soak up good damage. It synergises quite well with Jacksons if you want a USF player as a partner in team games. Should the tank be in more doctrines?

I noticed its synergy with Jacksons earlier in a 4v4, while the KV1's gun isn't that impressive having 2 of these sat in front of 3/4 Jacksons makes it a real pain to get at the jacksons.
5 Jan 2015, 01:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yet if you play the early TOW its in T3 (and often the only thing you can build from T4 is the Katy)

Although the TOW version is I recall 600 MP/75 Fuel and is an utter beast.

I encourage Axis players to try playing the Axis in 1941 to understand what it is like playing Allies in multiplayer

No fausts
No shreks
Your best availible armour is the STUG-E, and P-IV with a short barrel

T34s are genuinely scary then, and the KV-1 is like a KT.

5 Jan 2015, 01:36 AM

Ive tried all the 1941 ToW on General, and the KV- 1 and t34 are impossible to counter (also, certain times the t70 and m3 have a ton more health for specific missions).

Pak40 is the only weapon that can harm them, but ive managed to beat the VP battles with mobile defense, since the puma is a life saver and ostruppen spam works against AI.

Given how bad the panzerbüsche is, i dont know why the PTRS has to be doctrinal...
5 Jan 2015, 02:23 AM

Put an IS-2. Then we'll see a true counter attack.

Recon -> B4 -> For Mother Russia -> IS-2 & Shock troops -> More B4 -> German forces kicked out from Russia within 30 mins.

:snfBarton:
5 Jan 2015, 03:10 AM

Yet if you play the early TOW its in T3 (and often the only thing you can build from T4 is the Katy)

Although the TOW version is I recall 600 MP/75 Fuel and is an utter beast.

I encourage Axis players to try playing the Axis in 1941 to understand what it is like playing Allies in multiplayer

No fausts
No shreks
Your best availible armour is the STUG-E, and P-IV with a short barrel

nah man people want easymode
5 Jan 2015, 03:36 AM
Patrion 27

Kv-1 really opens up the Soviet tech so you can build tier 3 or 4 and not regret it later. Pity it's only in counterattack since I'd rather call it in than a t34/85 in most situations.

I don't think it needs to be faster or have any stat changes besides gaining veterancy a bit faster.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★