Login

russian armor

KV1?

6 Jan 2015, 03:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Ive tried all the 1941 ToW on General, and the KV- 1 and t34 are impossible to counter (also, certain times the t70 and m3 have a ton more health for specific missions).

Pak40 is the only weapon that can harm them, but ive managed to beat the VP battles with mobile defense, since the puma is a life saver and ostruppen spam works against AI.

Given how bad the panzerbüsche is, i dont know why the PTRS has to be doctrinal...

PAKs and Tellermines will be your friends; you can try snaring with AT Rifle Grenades but the Tellers really make sure

Later I realised tanks were a waste and used Osttruppen fuel to Munitions to get loads of Tellers (then spam Railway Artillery)
6 Jan 2015, 04:06 AM
Patrion 28

railway is my favorite global. it's decent overall and looks fucking awesome, whether you hit anything or not.
6 Jan 2015, 14:53 PM

Yet if you play the early TOW its in T3 (and often the only thing you can build from T4 is the Katy)

Although the TOW version is I recall 600 MP/75 Fuel and is an utter beast.

I encourage Axis players to try playing the Axis in 1941 to understand what it is like playing Allies in multiplayer

No fausts
No shreks
Your best availible armour is the STUG-E, and P-IV with a short barrel

T34s are genuinely scary then, and the KV-1 is like a KT.

I would actualy ask Relic to make a multiplayer mode for 1941. I would like to fight as germans against soviets at '41 level. That would be interesting and fun. But it won't be that historical accurate, not with this equipement. Let's not forget that germans had the fearsom 88 mm AA which could wreck any soviet tank no matter if its name began with K or T. Bring the 88 mm and I'll take any of you guys with german and soviet armies at '41 level :P.
6 Jan 2015, 15:00 PM

Personally I think the KV1 needs to go down in population, I dont mind the price, but its at 14 while a panther is at 16. This is just a population to give it perspective, but 14 seems a little high for a pea shooting heavy tank
6 Jan 2015, 15:04 PM

Yeah, I would be in favor of a fuel price reduction and pop cap reduction as long as it retains it's current stats. If it was kept the same price/pop cap it should get a better ROF and better acceleration.
7 Jan 2015, 03:11 AM

I think the fuel is 100% fine, it's actually somewhat too easy to spam them IMO. Especially if you're not going for a T3/T4 in a team game, which is a feasible strategy. I wouldn't want to lower the cost!

Pop cap reduced to 12 or 13 would be nice, but I'm not really crying myself to sleep because I can "only" have 3-4 of them in addition to a B4 and a couple of squads in the late game :P
8 Jan 2015, 01:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I would actualy ask Relic to make a multiplayer mode for 1941. I would like to fight as germans against soviets at '41 level. That would be interesting and fun. But it won't be that historical accurate, not with this equipement. Let's not forget that germans had the fearsom 88 mm AA which could wreck any soviet tank no matter if its name began with K or T. Bring the 88 mm and I'll take any of you guys with german and soviet armies at '41 level :P.

It would be nice; and the one way we are going to see any way historical French, Polish, etc, etc factions.

But we all know it ain't gonna happen

Someone would have to mod it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight