Login

russian armor

Spotting scope and Hull down

29 Dec 2014, 07:36 AM

do you know how far line of sight the scout car has with the spotting scope? the spottting scope is one of the best upgrades
29 Dec 2014, 08:34 AM

Gotta say this thread makes me want to try Hulldown again. Sounds simply awesome.
29 Dec 2014, 08:53 AM
Patrion 28

it is, but only on certain maps. that one map with the rail through the middle on the bridge is a good one.
29 Dec 2014, 09:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Just tested a Hull Down a little using cheatcommands mod.

You can't use Hull Down on a light vehicle, which is a damn shame. So no hull-down for 222s, 251s, or Panzerwerfers for reduced reload.

Panthers with Hull Down lost to an IS2 3 out of 3 times, both at ~30 range. That doesn't include circling, or simply closing the gap on the immobile panther to increase penetration, and conversely doesn't include the fact that the panther has 60+ range in hull down. Naturally, armor battles are very RNG dependant, so take this one with a grain of salt.

Hull Down takes 16 seconds, which is fairly long. This would be acceptable if you could have multiple units carry it out to make it faster, but only one unit at a time can conduct Hull Down.

You can't Hull Down your ally's tank. So no King Tigers or OKW Panthers.

Hull Down Tiger Ace or vet 3 Stug have a pretty hilarious rate of fire. But you can't hull down your ally as mentioned nor would you want to fix down a turretless vehicle.

In conclusion: I don't think it's a very good ability.
29 Dec 2014, 10:41 AM

I only use it when i'm using festung armor.And only on panthers.Hulled panther neutralizes su-85/jackson especially if u also have smoke and command tank which festung armor has.
29 Dec 2014, 10:45 AM

Just tested a Hull Down a little using cheatcommands mod.

You can't use Hull Down on a light vehicle, which is a damn shame. So no hull-down for 222s, 251s, or Panzerwerfers for reduced reload.

Panthers with Hull Down lost to an IS2 3 out of 3 times, both at ~30 range. That doesn't include circling, or simply closing the gap on the immobile panther to increase penetration, and conversely doesn't include the fact that the panther has 60+ range in hull down. Naturally, armor battles are very RNG dependant, so take this one with a grain of salt.

Hull Down takes 16 seconds, which is fairly long. This would be acceptable if you could have multiple units carry it out to make it faster, but only one unit at a time can conduct Hull Down.

You can't Hull Down your ally's tank. So no King Tigers or OKW Panthers.

Hull Down Tiger Ace or vet 3 Stug have a pretty hilarious rate of fire. But you can't hull down your ally as mentioned nor would you want to fix down a turretless vehicle.

In conclusion: I don't think it's a very good ability.
Did you thought of the same thing as me last time? Hulling down flame halftrack for the increased range. :megusta:
29 Dec 2014, 12:47 PM

Scopes are a must have on StuGs and Panthers to use that 50 range when being attacked.

I barely ever used hull-down in a competitive game. I once did after it was buffed back then but it was a disappointment. You give up mobility for a bit more range and rate of fire. However mobility has a higher value in this game. You risk getting your tank overrun and flanked by swarms of medium tanks by making it a sitting duck.

After all your task as a German player should be to not get flanked by mediums and to keep your distance. Hull-down pretty much ignores this concept and can make you sacrifice a tank.

Why would I want to have an immobile Panther (with 60+ range) and that can be attacked rather than a mobile Panther that can still keep the range gap (50 range) and stay out of harms way by reversing?

Thus it´s one of the worst abilities in the game.
29 Dec 2014, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2014, 12:47 PMButcher
Scopes are a must have on StuGs and Panthers to use that 50 range when being attacked.

I barely ever used hull-down in a competitive game. I once did after it was buffed back then but it was a disappointment. You give up mobility for a bit more range and rate of fire. However mobility has a higher value in this game. You risk getting your tank overrun and flanked by swarms of medium tanks by making it a sitting duck.

After all your task as a German player should be to not get flanked by mediums and to keep your distance. Hull-down pretty much ignores this concept and can make you sacrifice a tank.

Why would I want to have an immobile Panther (with 60+ range) and that can be attacked rather than a mobile Panther that can still keep the range gap (50 range) and stay out of harms way by reversing?

Thus it´s one of the worst abilities in the game.

Because u can counter tank destroyers that way without charging,because u can undo hulldown at a moment's notice and use smoke if necessary to cover the move.
29 Dec 2014, 16:58 PM

Because u can counter tank destroyers that way without charging,because u can undo hulldown at a moment's notice and use smoke if necessary to cover the move.

Not really. If I had an SU85 and ran into a hulled down panther I would simply back up and bring a zis forward. At that point the panther has to pull back.

I did not realize the build time was 16s! For such a niche ability this is too long.

Also it has already been mentioned, but B4 >>>>> hulldown.
29 Dec 2014, 17:13 PM

Not really. If I had an SU85 and ran into a hulled down panther I would simply back up and bring a zis forward. At that point the panther has to pull back.

I did not realize the build time was 16s! For such a niche ability this is too long.

Also it has already been mentioned, but B4 >>>>> hulldown.

Yes B4 is killer vs hulldown.I already said before it should be able to autohulldown by itself,provided it can only do so out of combat and with a cooldown.
But on the su-85 thing.Obviously if u have zis Support,this side will have some too.But yes overall its a marginal ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★