Login

russian armor

المناورات يلقي الحلقة رقم -- THE WARGAME CAST

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
23 Dec 2014, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2014, 18:06 PMspajn
I find it wierd that this James Hale guy who is a merciless moderator who locks every thread unless its a "praise relic" thread on the official forums now comes here and mock muslims. Also we dont need any jewish propaganda picures.

Haha, saying it don't make it true. ;)
23 Dec 2014, 18:12 PM

Permanently Banned
now comes here and mock muslims.

Rofl. He isnt. Thats just what youre trying to see right there.

I find the whole "I dont think its funny so it objectively isnt" attitude some people here seem to have much more offensive than anything in the video. I thought it was hilarious, because its clearly stupid in so many ways. If you dont thats obviously fine, but that doesent mean its inherently "not funny". Some of the references and jokes in there are great and the video seems to mock the whole "Casting" nature more than any certain nationality. Its nonsense, of course but thats part of the charme
23 Dec 2014, 18:20 PM

I find it wierd that this James Hale guy who is a merciless moderator who locks every thread unless its a "praise relic" thread on the official forums now comes here and mock muslims. Also we dont need any jewish propaganda picures.

Well well, I see you haven't watched the video past the 2 minute mark.
23 Dec 2014, 18:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

That's about how I feel, and I agree also with von Mecha, Voltardark and a few others. I had to sit though this litany of sly hits, with Hale dribbling into his mic. It's not good (IMO).

It is the easiest thing in the world, if you are challenged, to declare you are only joking. Some of us have to look beyond these disingenuous declarations.

The first question in my mind was why was this not hoisted into the Official Forums, where the Alpha Chimp Alpha Moderator (sic) resides? I am pretty certain I know the answer to that, but I have to review the vid again in peace. (Even if it disappears from here, you may be able to view it on YouTube, if that is your wont)

As other staff are involved here already, I will have to deliberate with them outside this thread, and then we can decide.
23 Dec 2014, 19:30 PM

Also we dont need any jewish propaganda picures.

Jewish propaganda pictures??

At best I would call them IDF recruiting photos. Makes me want to join!

I blame Google for this propaganda!

Out of curiosity I googled "Hamas women fighters" and most of the pictures were of men with green headbands and guns. There was also this:

Google "IDF women" and the results are decidedly different:

23 Dec 2014, 19:39 PM

@Bloodnok

Think what you may about me, but I can assure you that I did not record this video.
23 Dec 2014, 19:41 PM

That's about how I feel, and I agree also with von Mecha, Voltardark and a few others. I had to sit though this litany of sly hits, with Hale dribbling into his mic. It's not good (IMO).

It is the easiest thing in the world, if you are challenged, to declare you are only joking. Some of us have to look beyond these disingenuous declarations.

The first question in my mind was why was this not hoisted into the Official Forums, where the Alpha Chimp Alpha Moderator (sic) resides? I am pretty certain I know the answer to that, but I have to review the vid again in peace. (Even if it disappears from here, you may be able to view it on YouTube, if that is your wont)

As other staff are involved here already, I will have to deliberate with them outside this thread, and then we can decide.

Or. Maybe it was actually a joke.

It's also the easiest thing in the world to look for trouble where there isn't any.
23 Dec 2014, 19:46 PM

Again, for the 3rd time, the 'durka durka' stuff isn't the joke. It is not a stab at muslims/Arabic people.
Um, the punchline isn't that the arab character in the video is stupid. The joke is that he's just speaking nonsense (to us arabic is nonsense at least, even though in this case it actually isn't even real arabic so it actually is nonsense), you hear words you recognise sometimes and only have this really vague idea of what he's saying. To me, it's funny, but I guess it just depends on your sense of humour.

Are you going to tell me this is offensive to Spanish people?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb5awdgutlc

Also that you don't find it funny is fine.

23 Dec 2014, 20:28 PM

المناورات يلقي الحلقة رقم ١
Translate roughly into
المناورات =maneuvers
يلقي = cast
الحلقة = episode
رقم = number
It is not correct Arabic. Most likely done by google translation.
The military song in the beginning is typical for the songs used by terrorist organizations like ISIS or Alqaeda
The rest is not Arabic launguge at all.
Actually, my Latino friends would mock my Arabic launguge better than this guy.
23 Dec 2014, 20:46 PM

Remove this idiotic tripe! It's not funny and it's very poorly done.
23 Dec 2014, 21:29 PM

My favorite thing ever.
23 Dec 2014, 21:53 PM

Intro had some cool footage.

The rest was stupid.

2/10, would not recommend.
23 Dec 2014, 21:58 PM

the moment when the cons wiped sturms with 5 mollies.

10/10
23 Dec 2014, 22:03 PM

:) The political correctness is strong in this thread.

The cast isnt making fun of arabs its making fun of the fact that this game and the propagandacast is political in some sense. Puttin something into a different context reveals its origin. Its a piece of art, :)however Its horribly presented.
23 Dec 2014, 22:32 PM

Is this an attack towards Imperial Dane? Shame on you. We love you Dane, keep casting, don't listen to these envious peope :P
23 Dec 2014, 22:33 PM
Donator 11

I feel sorry for you James Hale.
23 Dec 2014, 22:49 PM

Lol this is hilarious more please, I don't see why everyone is getting butt hurt for its a joke.
23 Dec 2014, 22:58 PM

Honestly, that people were actually thinking about wether this was real in the shoutbox already makes this mission accomplished.
24 Dec 2014, 00:51 AM

Considering that a ton of people here in the thread think it's hilarious and clearly perceive it as a joke and the stated intention was that it is satire, I find it pretty hard to see it as 'racist' as some called it.

I would really love to hear a few reasons why this is racist. The intro is pretty similar to the ones a lot of casters use with military footage.
The language is gibberish, trying to sound arabic. Yet once again people like Dane use a heavy German accent or even the unit replies ingame use similar languages. The difference is probably that one is understandable, the other not. I guess it simply went beyond the creators capability to speak actual Arabian or create mix of an English cast with some Arabian words.

I found it.. entertaining. The moment it switched from the intro to the cast I was laughing quite heavily since I didn't know what to expect (or well, if James likes it is has to be something like this). Yet I didn't find it good enough to watch the full video :P
24 Dec 2014, 01:11 AM

ITT: White people saying what is and is not offensive to Arabs

MVDane
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak