Login

russian armor

Penalty for Randomly Dropping Games

13 Dec 2014, 20:00 PM

Sometimes I just want to relax and play for 30 mins... not too bad right? Get into a game and then 10 minutes in, other player is like... "srry I gtg" or when you're winning and suddenly the other player just drops and it becomes 2v1. This is bullshit. Players should get punished for dropping games for no reason and ruining the experience for everyone else.
13 Dec 2014, 20:44 PM

Not enough of a playerbase to punish the existing playerbase. CS GO can do it because it has so many players comapred to this game.
13 Dec 2014, 21:08 PM

If I wasn't allowed to leave some of the nightmare 4v4 games I had to suffer through, I'd straight up stop playing. So no, I'm against that.
13 Dec 2014, 22:58 PM
Patrion 27

Sometimes I just want to relax and play for 30 mins... not too bad right? Get into a game and then 10 minutes in, other player is like... "srry I gtg" or when you're winning and suddenly the other player just drops and it becomes 2v1. This is bullshit. Players should get punished for dropping games for no reason and ruining the experience for everyone else.

I will say the same thing I always say to people who complain about random team mates: don't play with random team mates. when you have a match with someone who you get along with add them to your steam friends list and start playing arranged games with them. Random ladder is only for shits & giggles.
14 Dec 2014, 00:02 AM

You aren't fixing the problem though..... you are just ignoring it

Yes i agree that there needs to be punishment for people who eave games. There can be allowances for people who disconnect in the first couple minutes or are afk, but people quitting for no reason need ot be punished.
14 Dec 2014, 00:43 AM

And who defines the reason?

We were playing a 3vs3 in lazur 2 days ago and one of our team mates was just producing units and hid them in random corners or our base. When we asked what he was doing he said he has his own play style and that he didnt want to sacrifice his troops like we did! We didnt drop cause luckily the enemy team must have had another imbecile and we managed to win.

If you have a problem with people dropping, play 1vs1, arranged teams or just go and play another game.
14 Dec 2014, 01:16 AM
Patrion 28

i'm not going to slog through a lost match just because one guy on the team won't concede. i've also had an instance when one of my team mates was demoing my base; instant leave.

if your idea of punishment is that i can't play another game for a period of time than i'll just stop playing at that point. if your idea is that it affects my score or something, i really, really don't give a fuck.
14 Dec 2014, 01:58 AM

+1 for some kind of punishment ! Too many games broken just for no valid reason but «I've lost the first fight»
14 Dec 2014, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2014, 00:43 AMmrako
And who defines the reason?

We were playing a 3vs3 in lazur 2 days ago and one of our team mates was just producing units and hid them in random corners or our base. When we asked what he was doing he said he has his own play style and that he didnt want to sacrifice his troops like we did! We didnt drop cause luckily the enemy team must have had another imbecile and we managed to win.

If you have a problem with people dropping, play 1vs1, arranged teams or just go and play another game.

i'm not going to slog through a lost match just because one guy on the team won't concede. i've also had an instance when one of my team mates was demoing my base; instant leave.

if your idea of punishment is that i can't play another game for a period of time than i'll just stop playing at that point. if your idea is that it affects my score or something, i really, really don't give a fuck.

this is a toxic attitude. This is a really selfish attitude to have. Punishing leavers and afkers could make the game significantly better for the entire playerbase. first, i am not asking for people to be in games they do not want to be. secondly, these punishments would have to be uniformily applied for consistency. thirdly, these punishment features would have ot be couple with a robust and effective report system so relic can ban the people who troll games and/or racist, jerks, etc. lastly, relic should lower the surrender threshold to 2-1 and 3-1
14 Dec 2014, 03:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2014, 02:52 AMNinjaWJ

i am not asking for people to be in games they do not want to be.

I would have thought this would have the definitive reason for people dropping.

I agree with the others, I play games for fun, if I'm not having fun, I'll leave.

It sounds mean, but I don't care about some random person who I'll never meet ever again and possibly wrecking their game. I'd like to think that I have enough judgement to decide what games I will and won't stay in.
14 Dec 2014, 04:09 AM

I would have thought this would have the definitive reason for people dropping.

I agree with the others, I play games for fun, if I'm not having fun, I'll leave.

It sounds mean, but I don't care about some random person who I'll never meet ever again and possibly wrecking their game. I'd like to think that I have enough judgement to decide what games I will and won't stay in.

I understand where u are coming form marco, and i know it is a tight rope ot balance. I am a little perplexed by what some of the community on here say about these leaver punishments. This feature is touted as necessary and a godsend in games such as League of Legends and DOta. It is well-accepted there that players do not want leavers and afkers to ruin their games. It seems like this thinking is reversed in COH2. Players here seem to feel that they shouldn't be barred from leaving a game. It is quite strange.
14 Dec 2014, 05:03 AM
Patrion 28

you can't prevent me from leaving the game. i can kill the process (which will look like a drop, not someone leaving) or pull the plug on my computer in the worst case.

and you may find it a toxic attitude but i'm not going to stick around for another 20mins in a game that is pretty clearly lost, it's just a waste of time. maybe i'm wrong, maybe we can make a come back, but i'm pretty good at judging lost causes and i'm not going to stick around for the 10% i'm wrong about just because someone else doesn't want to concede.
14 Dec 2014, 05:08 AM

you can't prevent me from leaving the game. i can kill the process (which will look like a drop, not someone leaving) or pull the plug on my computer in the worst case.

and you may find it a toxic attitude but i'm not going to stick around for another 20mins in a game that is pretty clearly lost, it's just a waste of time. maybe i'm wrong, maybe we can make a come back, but i'm pretty good at judging lost causes and i'm not going to stick around for the 10% i'm wrong about just because someone else doesn't want to concede.

but do you think people leaving or dropping in the first 30 seconds, before any combat has begun, should be punished?
14 Dec 2014, 05:53 AM
Patrion 28

idk... on one hand, i'd rather they drop then instead of later, when things are actually happening. on the other hand, it's a pain in the ass to get a game and have someone drop because it throws the entire game. usually if one person drops everyone else will.
14 Dec 2014, 06:47 AM

Use random teams to meet teammates. Use teammates you've met from random teams for arranged teams.

You can't fix stupid. You're going to run into that on the internet, which is why you're never going to avoid a dice roll with random teams, no matter what kind of punishment/reward system exists or not.
14 Dec 2014, 08:11 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2014, 02:52 AMNinjaWJ

this is a toxic attitude. This is a really selfish attitude to have. Punishing leavers and afkers could make the game significantly better for the entire playerbase. first, i am not asking for people to be in games they do not want to be. secondly, these punishments would have to be uniformily applied for consistency. thirdly, these punishment features would have ot be couple with a robust and effective report system so relic can ban the people who troll games and/or racist, jerks, etc. lastly, relic should lower the surrender threshold to 2-1 and 3-1

This, +1000, especially lowering the surrender requirement

Because leaving is a bad way to deal with idiots in team games in my opinion, surrendering is much better, but sadly doesn't work well enough right now.

And why cant you treat system crashes and disconnets the same way as leaves? It is your problem when your computer/system/connection is unstable not your teammates. Why? Because you're the only one who can take care of it and repair it.

And sth about fun in teamgames: I have played lots of teamgames lately and I can say that:
1. I left the game only once, just because i really had to go and turn off the computer, I would take the punishment for that one no matter what it was as it was coused on my end.
2. All games that were not fun were those with leavers or no surrender kids. That means the only reason that can make you leave is some other guy leaving, if you don't want to be a pain in the ass just don't leave first.
14 Dec 2014, 08:32 AM

All I can say is that every game i've been in that's had a leaver punishment system has had absolutely revolting communities to go with them, and i don't think it's a coincidence where those attitudes came from in large part...
14 Dec 2014, 17:13 PM

Well the difference between 1vs1 and 4vs4 is the team concept. People who want to leave whenever they want should rather play 1vs1. In 4vs4 when one of the players leave early, it kill the game for everyone. Imagine a baseball game where the first base quit because the other team had score a point.

Emotions control part of what the great players are made. Barton for example is great at that and has won many games with great comebacks.

Surrenders should work when there is 50% of players voting yes. So one person wouldn't be able to block surrendering a losing match.

If you have to quit for a serious reason, the 5 min. penalty won't hurt you anyway since you aren't playing anymore.

It's a system greatly needed for making team games more fun. Those who need to be winning all the time to stay in should play 1vs1 only.

Think of it and don't be selfish.
14 Dec 2014, 18:36 PM

If XP meant anything, if ranking were meaningful, and if war spoils system wasn't universally frustrating, then there would probably be less friction on this subject.
14 Dec 2014, 20:12 PM

If XP meant anything, if ranking were meaningful, and if war spoils system wasn't universally frustrating, then there would probably be less friction on this subject.

yes, some people don't want to surrender because they think they will receive war spoils in the end
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★