Login

russian armor

Penalty for Randomly Dropping Games

15 Dec 2014, 00:56 AM
Patrion 28

conceding still gets you war spoils. if you want to farm them there is a thread about that.

and there are people with shit ISPs who do not have any other choice. my ISP has some issue that kills my connection periodically. i could get another one, but it would be more expensive. many people don't have another option.
15 Dec 2014, 07:59 AM

Automatching team games? there is your problem.

I don't care if you are going to win or lose same way you don't care if I am not enjoying crap game I was 'automatched' in.

Custom lobbies in COH didn't have much problem with those things nor unbalanced games. And would have even less if people couldn't make new acc all the time.

But, no one wants to wait 10 min in lobby for good balanced game.

Deal with it
16 Dec 2014, 10:45 AM

Sometimes i have to ditch a game because my kid starts freaking out or my net will go mental. So i have no choice. usually ill stay afk until i get killed or kicked. lol
16 Dec 2014, 11:01 AM

Custom lobbies in COH didn't have much problem with those things nor unbalanced games.

No, instead it had all those "noobs only!!!1!1!" lobbies always started by vets looking for an easy game :D

CoH is still a strong brand, so if CoH3 launch isn't mismanaged as disastrously as the launch of CoH2 was, the playerbae might be large enough that the automatch will actually result in good matchups. If that's the case, then leaving penalties could actually be a good idea. Of course, if Relic continues their DLC bullshit the opposite will happen, and it will probably mean the end of the series.
17 Dec 2014, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2014, 11:01 AMCadoc

No, instead it had all those "noobs only!!!1!1!" lobbies always started by vets looking for an easy game :D

It took 12 seconds to check player stats, you had to be really stupid not to recognize 'noob bash players' and games

For wast majority of players automatch team game = do not take seriously. Whole lot of people from COH, refuse to play COH2 for that particular reason, random Automatch.

You need 50,000 players online to have any chance of having reasonably balanced games, and there is little chance of RTS game ever achieving that.

You can start with me, Any sort of punishment for leaving shit games will result in me quitting playing all together. I just don't want to waste my time on shit random automatch game. End of story
There are quite a lot of people who will do the same
17 Dec 2014, 07:10 AM
Patrion 14

You can start with me, Any sort of punishment for leaving shit games will result in me quitting playing all together. I just don't want to waste my time on shit random automatch game. End of story
There are quite a lot of people who will do the same

then don't play automatch. I still stick around in a competitive CS GO match even we/I get pounded. you know what you are getting into. don't act like some vicious trap has been sprung without you knowing and that you are a victim. don't play random auto match if you think its ok to punish the whole team just because you find it unworthy to keep playing.

I am all for punishing leavers like in CS GO, although not to that extreme.

17 Dec 2014, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2014, 07:10 AMpigsoup

then don't play automatch. I still stick around in a competitive CS GO match even we/I get pounded. you know what you are getting into. don't act like some vicious trap has been sprung without you knowing and that you are a victim. don't play random auto match if you think its ok to punish the whole team just because you find it unworthy to keep playing.

i don' get why so many people here act like they are sooo good at the game and that there are millions of noobs waiting in their matches to destroy their experience. It is random automatch. It is ridiculous to assume that every player knows exactly what to do, what it build, when to build it, what commander to go, etc. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and be a good teammate. Hell, instead of calling people "noobs", you can teach people what to do while in-game. helping your teammates out instead of just quitting because of "noob team".
17 Dec 2014, 09:52 AM

Too many games broken just for no valid reason but «I've lost the first fight»

+1
I'd love to see quitters penalized but it ain't gonna happen, Relic won't risk reducing CoH2's already thin playerbase.
17 Dec 2014, 15:42 PM

I love the satisfaction of beating Axis players within 5 minutes (hyper aggressive start) and have them quit and cry. But, I honestly in some games I have made a come back and won with bots (sad to say bots play better than nubs).
18 Dec 2014, 04:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2014, 07:10 AMpigsoup

Sure I could do that, or I could tell you this:

Then don't play random automatch if you cannot handle people leaving the match they don't enjoy. Don't act as if some sort of vicious trap has been sprang for you. You know what you are getting into when you click that random automatch button.
Don't play the random automatch if you think it's ok to punish people by ruining their scarce play time, just because you think your 'fun time' is more valuable then theirs.

See, you can always look at things from different perspective.

I know you will disagree so I will leave you with paradox of what you are saying.

'You believe that people should be punished for leaving the game they don't enjoy because it ruins your enjoyment'

In either case, when I do have time to play I will try to find the game thats enjoyable for me. End of discussion on that issue.
I am sorry for people that feel I ruined their time but they are also ruining my time.
I don't accuse or blame them for being noob, lagging the game, etc. Nor asking for them to be punished because they were thrown into random game with random players, just like myself.

I blame Relic for not allowing me to influence parameters of game I am thrown into.
I would rather not play, then play shit unbalanced/laggy game. Regardless of wining or lossing

18 Dec 2014, 05:35 AM
Patrion 14

Then don't play random automatch if you cannot handle people leaving the match they don't enjoy. Don't act as if some sort of vicious trap has been sprang for you. You know what you are getting into when you click that random automatch button.
Don't play the random automatch if you think it's ok to punish people by ruining their scarce play time, just because you think your 'fun time' is more valuable then theirs.

I know you will disagree so I will leave you with paradox of what you are saying.

'You believe that people should be punished for leaving the game they don't enjoy because it ruins your enjoyment'

In either case, when I do have time to play I will try to find the game thats enjoyable for me. End of discussion on that issue.
I am sorry for people that feel I ruined their time but they are also ruining my time.
I don't accuse or blame them for being noob, lagging the game, etc. Nor asking for them to be punished because they were thrown into random game with random players, just like myself.

I blame Relic for not allowing me to influence parameters of game I am thrown into.
I would rather not play, then play shit unbalanced/laggy game. Regardless of wining or lossing

what? what are you talking about?

it's leavers like you who are the problem, not the entire community who play the game.

people being bad is not their choice. I played games for over half of my life and i have never been really good at any games. and my friends are shocked i am not even good at games when i play so much (used to).

people who suck don't get into game and think 'i am gonna shove a big fat middle finger to all of my teammates by sucking... <evil laughter>'.

they are playing at their capacity trying to have fun when self righteous ***** like you come along, levitating form the fuckin heaven itself and think it is ok to punish them for being bad which isn't their fault.

get a mate or something or is nobody good enough for you? how good are you anyway? mind i see your playercard?

it's like going into a restaurant, order some food, have a taste and just walk out. and the waiters come after you and you say "i'm sorry i didn't enjoy the first bite, blame yourself and your establishment for sucking" "oh, by the way, i knew your food sucked, and this is my 100th time doing this."
18 Dec 2014, 05:37 AM
Patrion 14

snip
18 Dec 2014, 06:25 AM

Ultimately, this would be bad for the game. if everyone was allowed to leave (like it currently is now) without any sort of punishment, it would create bad gameplay environment. THis is a multiplayer game where people queue and play matches together. Leaving is especially damaging in team games, where one person leaving is basically a gg. If we used your logic, then we would have poeple leaving all over the place for whatever reason (founded and unfounded). THis would ultimately create a very bad playerbase
18 Dec 2014, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 05:37 AMpigsoup
snip

So what are you saying? If I get a mate, its all fine because I will win all the time?

I don't care about win/loss. Me wining or losing shit game is same to me.

I didn't blame community for anything. Its you playing the blame game.

So you want to penalize people for leaving games they don't enjoy because it ruins your enjoyment, and I am self-righteous ***** ?

Maybe you should open restourant and beat up people if they want to leave before they finish their food, no matter how bad the food or service is.

Does your game stop when I leave? No? then why so much complaining about game being ruined? You get CP player.

If you leave the game I enjoy, I don't really care. I'll just keep playing.........

P.S. Leavers are not just me, its big part of community. Hence why you complain :facepalm:

18 Dec 2014, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 06:25 AMNinjaWJ

Ultimately, this would be bad for the game. if everyone was allowed to leave (like it currently is now) without any sort of punishment, it would create bad gameplay environment. THis is a multiplayer game where people queue and play matches together. Leaving is especially damaging in team games, where one person leaving is basically a gg. If we used your logic, then we would have poeple leaving all over the place for whatever reason (founded and unfounded). THis would ultimately create a very bad playerbase

Completely agree

I only disagree with punishment being an automatic option.

For example.
If we had a choice to select option, to wait 10-15 min for best balanced game.

Choice to elect to leave game at the start if 4 out of 8 players want to leave because of lagg (big issue for me, Australia)\

If 3 out of 4 people vote to surrender, game stops. Right now one person can decide to piss off everyone else.

etc.

There are a lot of ways to try to make the game enjoyable for everyone, rather then punish leavers.
They (me included) leave for a reason

Automatch can be a lot better. But punishing people for having bad time playing a game is wrong in my opinion.

18 Dec 2014, 07:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

This frankly the worst idea ever.

Firstly:

People do this for fun, you owe random people on the internet very little, you are not obliged to stay in a game you are not enjoying.

I will drop, but not very often, especially as surrender is bugged right now

Also, I have played some of my best games with 3 bots and won.

Secondly:

People would do far better to look at themselves rather than blame the auto-matcher or their teammates

Yes you will get teamed up with people who are bad from time to time

If you feel it happens a lot, then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.

Maybe you are not as good as you thought you were and you deserve to be where you are

Maybe those people who you think suck know something you don't

Maybe you should take some responsibility to improve your own game rather than looking for someone or something else to blame

/end communication

18 Dec 2014, 07:30 AM

I love the satisfaction of beating Axis players within 5 minutes (hyper aggressive start) and have them quit and cry. But, I honestly in some games I have made a come back and won with bots (sad to say bots play better than nubs).

^

It would be even better if they would be also penalized for dropping. More satisfying.
18 Dec 2014, 07:56 AM
Patrion 14

1. So you want to penalize people for leaving games they don't enjoy because it ruins your enjoyment, and I am self-righteous ***** ?

2. P.S. Leavers are not just me, its big part of community. Hence why you complain :facepalm:

3. Maybe you should open restourant and beat up people if they want to leave before they finish their food, no matter how bad the food or service is.

1. yes. once you are put in a team, you are expected to play the whole game. that's the basic of team based game. its like you volunteer for a soccer team and in them middle of the match, you quit and say "i didn't enjoy it, bye". and yes, i see that as a douchebag move and only someone so full of themselves can try to justify it.

2. also true, which is why it sucks. not in like cs go where ppl are encouraged to play through the whole game becuase you would be penalized harshly. so just because many ppl do it it's right?

3. when i said "just walk out", i meant not paying, too, but whateve. but anyway you still have to pay don't you right? in team based game/match, you pay with your time and involvement whether you think you are bored/frustrated or whatnot.
18 Dec 2014, 08:21 AM
Benefactor 115

yah good idea, maybe also give them a penalty if they don't play the way you tell them?
18 Dec 2014, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 07:56 AMpigsoup

1. yes. once you are put in a team, you are expected to play the whole game. that's the basic of team based game. its like you volunteer for a soccer team and in them middle of the match, you quit and say "i didn't enjoy it, bye". and yes, i see that as a douchebag move and only someone so full of themselves can try to justify it.

2. also true, which is why it sucks. not in like cs go where ppl are encouraged to play through the whole game becuase you would be penalized harshly. so just because many ppl do it it's right?

3. when i said "just walk out", i meant not paying, too, but whateve. but anyway you still have to pay don't you right? in team based game/match, you pay with your time and involvement whether you think you are bored/frustrated or whatnot.

Uff, you still can't see the paradox in what you are advocating.

There is no point discussing this anymore, since we have radically different opinion.

As Tuvok said : maybe you should punish players for not playing the way you want them to as well.

Cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS