Login

russian armor

100% subjective review of AA

5 Dec 2014, 15:35 PM

Alright, criticise comes first.

Relic, if you seriously think this, so called, expansion, or bigger DLC, or whatever, worthing 40 USD, even more with the Fox Company?

This campaign, comparing to original vCOH one, Market Garden, Caen, Eastern Front, etc, is below average.
Why? Because they are all mini skirmish that ends VERY, VERY fast just like the previous ToW, the only difference, they are looks like a whole campaign like sequence, but they are actually not.

The first tutorial-like mission, are too boring, leave those to tutorial or Eastern Front, alright?

Some of the mission like panzer grab is quite interesting, but it ends too fast, ruining a lot of fun.

Defence mission are all like that since vCOH, quite enjoyable, but I don't think the OKW attacked hard enough. Why can't we having something like the S*(&*(&*(&*()&*(&*( whatever crazy-hard turtling mission in the first pack of ToW?

Secure X point and defend it, could have been longer, you can give the German more Pak, more MG, you know? Just few fusiliers & Falls defending against a whole big OP angry blob of Pure Democracy, really?

The companies themselves are too far ridiculous OP.

Able - Endless stream of Skillplanes and supply drop loop, can win everything themselves.
Baker - Clown Cars with wait, Ober IRSTG44? and those dudes can carry 4 additional weapon, wow.
Dog - Didn't play it, can't comment.
Fox - Rangers, who crazy enough making them 5 Thompson, 2 screcks which can be taken away, zero cd bundlenade, pinpoint arty and 1K manpower drop with a click, and free reinforcement?

If I want to play normally, I can't even get access to Jacksons unless a RNG event telling me to go somewhere and unlock it.

The Germans AI, where are their counterattack? where are their strong panzers? where are the Operation Grief? where are their last Blitzkrieg?

I expect missions luring out numbers of Jadgtiger convoy to a trap and swarming it.
I expect missions the Ables wreck havoc to German camp like the old V2 mission.
I expect missions got tricked by Germans wearing American uniform, speaking English and cleaning up the mess afterward.
I expect missions cutting German precious fuel but not shooting some dumb Opel truck driving to their deathtrap, again and again.

However, there is something I appreciate.

The unit preservation, if you get too much dudes killed, the company itself would be eliminated. You are forced to keep your dudes alive. That's good.
The looks-like historical US war propaganda cutscene are well made, and well recorded.
The units speech, they are much better recorded than the boring USF speech WFA given to us. it actually giving some feel I am playing a campaign.

Anyway, I think it is quite disappointing. There is a lot that can be made better.

I bought this AA only with 12 USD with Fox company, along with this price, it is acceptable. If I really bought this with 40 USD, I could be so raged then I would NEVER buy anything from Relic anymore.
5 Dec 2014, 18:39 PM

Permanently Banned
The most well written wine thread i've ever had the misfortune of reading
5 Dec 2014, 18:43 PM

Funny that in this forum any criticise of Allies faction would got trolled or fucked by some typical person, even while it is about single player game mode.
5 Dec 2014, 18:44 PM
Benefactor 115

reviews ARE subjective, what the hell is the point of the title.
5 Dec 2014, 23:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I quite like it.

For the average player (who doesn't even know this site exists) the missions will be challenging to complete

However, the real challenge is completing without losing too much

And because there is a scoring system you can always aspire to do better

http://www.coh2.org/topic/27201/aa-high-score-thread

So I think it is pretty well designed in terms of replay value; certainly better than the TOW where once you have beaten it once there is no reason to play again
6 Dec 2014, 08:37 AM

I think he means it's an objective view of a subjective review? lol
6 Dec 2014, 09:35 AM

Underlining that these are his and his only tears?
6 Dec 2014, 09:56 AM

Underlining that these are his and his only tears?

If you want to start a flame war personally, welcome, Kati der troll.
6 Dec 2014, 10:19 AM

Well there is not such thing as an objective review, but I do agree that AA is a rather boring and way overpriced and quite frankly the original COH with its expansions had much better campaigns.
6 Dec 2014, 10:20 AM

Here's my 100% subjective review: It's good.
6 Dec 2014, 12:12 PM

40 $ or 40 € is overpriced. End of discussion.
6 Dec 2014, 13:25 PM

The Germans AI, where are their counterattack? where are their strong panzers? where are the Operation Grief? where are their last Blitzkrieg?

I expect missions luring out numbers of Jadgtiger convoy to a trap and swarming it.
I expect missions the Ables wreck havoc to German camp like the old V2 mission.
I expect missions got tricked by Germans wearing American uniform, speaking English and cleaning up the mess afterward.
I expect missions cutting German precious fuel but not shooting some dumb Opel truck driving to their deathtrap, again and again.

Wow these are actually awesome ideas... I dont know why Relic didnt put this in AA.. ffs
6 Dec 2014, 19:34 PM
Donator 22

hmmm I've payed 25 Euro and I'm perfectly satisfied IMO. This was the first time, that I played a coh2 single player campaign. Maybe a little bit too short ;) but I guess we will see antoher campaign with the OKW.

6 Dec 2014, 19:53 PM

hmmm I've payed 25 Euro and I'm perfectly satisfied IMO. This was the first time, that I played a coh2 single player campaign. Maybe a little bit too short ;) but I guess we will see antoher campaign with the OKW.

If you played the Panzer Elite campaign of the first game, you may want to throw coins of 25 Euro in Relic dev face.
6 Dec 2014, 19:59 PM

All my friends have bought the AA did not finish it until the end. Very boring.
Very expensive. very sad
6 Dec 2014, 20:43 PM

If the price is too high, dont buy it. Steam has great deals. If you bought it and didnt like it, learn. Are you looking for a triple A game? $40 bucks is much for a single player addon, but really what did you expect? This community is toxic.
6 Dec 2014, 20:53 PM

If the price is too high, dont buy it. Steam has great deals. If you bought it and didnt like it, learn. Are you looking for a triple A game? $40 bucks is much for a single player addon, but really what did you expect? This community is toxic.

If the community defines criticising being known as "toxic", that community is truly toxic. :facepalm:

What should I expect worthing 40 bucks?
Opposing Front gave us two excellent campaigns, two additional factions (shitty balance at launch though), yet it costed less than 40 bucks.
6 Dec 2014, 21:34 PM

What should I expect worthing 40 bucks?
Opposing Front gave us two excellent campaigns, two additional factions (shitty balance at launch though), yet it costed less than 40 bucks.

That argument reminds me of people constantly remembering times when gas was 300% cheaper then it is now(talking europe).

I don't believe comparing prices to that from before 7 years have any validity, because just about everything, from bread to cars is more expensive then back then, games are no exception-7 years is quite a long time for world economy and the only games that cost as much as coh back then are horrible indie games I wouldn't want to wipe myself with not to mention play.

Be happy you're not forced to buy it just because you want to play mp.
6 Dec 2014, 21:44 PM

That argument reminds me of people constantly remembering times when gas was 300% cheaper then it is now(talking europe).

I don't believe comparing prices to that from before 7 years have any validity, because just about everything, from bread to cars is more expensive then back then, games are no exception-7 years is quite a long time for world economy and the only games that cost as much as coh back then are horrible indie games I wouldn't want to wipe myself with not to mention play.

Be happy you're not forced to buy it just because you want to play mp.

Games have been getting cheaper over the years, not more expensive, so your comparison to other industries holds no water. MAKING games, especially AAA games, have been getting more expensive to make, which is probably why AA is so expensive.

It doesn't change the fact that Opposing Fronts offered much more bang for its buck, especially coming from the same developers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS