Login

russian armor

More requirement for cover?

3 Dec 2014, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

After thinking about how effective blobing is, Would it be more benefical to make cover more durbale/required for unit preservation?

Often times using cover only provides a minor boon, maybe adding more penalty for not using cover could fix the issue.

Doing so would nerf shocktroops as well as pnzer grens so in order to adjust this might be to return their armor back to the starting stats pre armor nerfs.

Let me know how you feel
3 Dec 2014, 18:24 PM

I don't think so. Cover system is good as it is, and right now CQC units like shocks have a hard time closing the distance and Pgrens are a joke, they will become utterly useless that way. For fixing the blob meta there are other things that need to get fixed, I don't think there is any problem with cover.
3 Dec 2014, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 18:24 PMRMMLz

I don't think so. Cover system is good as it is, and right now CQC units like shocks have a hard time closing the distance and Pgrens are a joke, they will become utterly useless that way. For fixing the blob meta there are other things that need to get fixed, I don't think there is any problem with cover.

Note: PG use assault rifles, not SMGs. You don't neccesarily need to close the gap with them.
3 Dec 2014, 20:05 PM

Sounds like an idea, especially considering how easily units hugging each other in cover die to aoe weapons these days.
3 Dec 2014, 20:40 PM

Note: PG use assault rifles, not SMGs. You don't neccesarily need to close the gap with them.

You are right, but that's not the point, even getting to mid range where they best is a challenge because they die like flies. Good damage though. I just wanted to make a point regarding OP saying they Pgrens need a nerf.
3 Dec 2014, 20:46 PM

Where did OP say he wanted to nerf pgrens?
3 Dec 2014, 21:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Theres no need for survivability buffs for Shocks and PGs.

You could make so certain weapon profiles ignores cover at different ranges instead of the universal 10 range.
3 Dec 2014, 22:00 PM

Theres no need for survivability buffs for Shocks and PGs.

You could make so certain weapon profiles ignores cover at different ranges instead of the universal 10 range.

Do I need to remind you of old G43 and IR StGs for you to realize how bad idea is that?

Thread is about lack of cover importance and you want weapons that ignore it.

Really?
3 Dec 2014, 23:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Do I need to remind you of old G43 and IR StGs for you to realize how bad idea is that?

Thread is about lack of cover importance and you want weapons that ignore it.

Really?

It can work backwards. For example: reduce bolt action range to 3, carbines to 5, Assault rifles to 7 and SMG to 10.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 50
Poland 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment