Login

russian armor

US vs Building Defenses

29 Nov 2014, 02:59 AM
Patrion 28

I'm having a really hard time with buildings, particularly bunkers, in team games. The US has no options early game to deal with them and poor options late game. they have a shit ton of artillery, both global and infantry, but it's either not very precise or doesn't do enough damage, or costs too much. mostly it's just too damn in accurate. help?
29 Nov 2014, 03:46 AM

At guns work well in the mid game.

m8A1 scott can also shoot indirectly with accuracy if you use attack ground, and is pretty effective.

You can also use smoke to temporarily negate the buildings, allowing you to get close with flamers or even plant demo charges.
29 Nov 2014, 03:49 AM

I find Going for the AA halftrack usually helps with this. It can destroy bunkers rather easily in the early game, is quite effective vs Ostheer and is a solid choice overal especially vs blobs. You can get it out before 7 minutes usually so you will only have to suffer for a few minutes without a counter if they go for the bunkers early
29 Nov 2014, 06:15 AM

29 Nov 2014, 09:13 AM

You do realize that bunkers show up in first 2-3mins and can lock down area since all solution you presented are for 6mins and up?
Pop
29 Nov 2014, 10:56 AM

Perhaps try being slightly more aggressive if it vs wherm, rifles are solid vs everything wherm has early and you can catch one being built. Two/three rifles and 1 ReT with volley fire ready are tough to counter early with wherm. M20 bazooka crew are handy but will take awhile to kill them. Double zooks on ReT are a pretty solid counter if you feel like spending the fuel and munit.
29 Nov 2014, 12:17 PM

You do realize that bunkers show up in first 2-3mins and can lock down area since all solution you presented are for 6mins and up?

A Bunker that early delays tech(also means less muni to faust), use that to your advantage and punish the OST player with a well microed AAHT(now that Pak ROF got nerfed, it is a lot more durable in a US v OST matchup) should get the advantage back to the US side.
29 Nov 2014, 13:16 PM

A Bunker that early delays tech(also means less muni to faust), use that to your advantage and punish the OST player with a well microed AAHT(now that Pak ROF got nerfed, it is a lot more durable in a US v OST matchup) should get the advantage back to the US side.
Bunkers don't delay tech at all. They replace a upgrade on a gren and that's about it. Delaying tech implies there is a fuel cost.
29 Nov 2014, 13:50 PM

Bunkers don't delay tech at all. They replace a upgrade on a gren and that's about it. Delaying tech implies there is a fuel cost.

You can't tech without enough MP,placing a bunker set you back 150 MP thus 30 more secs behind on T2 and Pak timing.
29 Nov 2014, 15:25 PM
Patrion 28

AT guns and the m8 require t2 or t3 and both take a while to kill it, which would be fine except it forces me to camp just outside the bunker range in order to allow them to shell. the pack howitzer is just to damn inaccurate to hit anything with the barrage and has the same issue as the at gun if i tell it to attack ground.

i haven't really tried the flaktrack yet but and it would probably work if i was just fighting OKH, but OKW shreks really cause that thing a lot of problems, especially when they can get into attack range.

smoke i have just about 0 luck with against bunkers (but it's great against setup teams) and i'm looking at spending 80 mun on smoke plus 90-120 on demos (if i have engineers) or bazookas.

the issue is usually that it locks down the better parts of the map early, which gives the enemy a resource advantage, and then forces me to prepare for tanks with reduced income. stopping them from getting bunkers up early is tough, especially when the OKH player is pair with OKW sturmpios. the first 60 mun comes pretty fast, i use it for fighting positions quite often, and if my ally isn't also in the area with all their troops i just can't push off spios and grens. at that point we both entrench on either side and then i have to destroy them.

30 Nov 2014, 03:23 AM

armor company with assault engineers is designed for destroying bunkers early game and onwards, last 4 games with that strat gave me 4 wins, even if there weren't bunkers in half of those games, but for clearing buildings they are so nice. YES later on u will fall off immensely vs blobs if you go blob vs blob especially against okw, then just use your demo charges or m8s and blobs will die...
30 Nov 2014, 04:16 AM

Recon Commander Pathfinders
M8 Scott
Demo from Armor company
Bazookas
AA HT
150MM from Mechanized (very accurate and fast landing my personal favorite offmap)

I mean how many can Ost possibly place before the 6-7 Mark when the AA HT shows up?

AA HT can actually base rape Ost. I have a replay of me doing this in a 1v1. It kills the bunkers so fast and just bring in your Rifle Blob behind it.

Panther and up and Ober Shrek Blob are the only things you should really struggle with as USF. Everything else is cake.
30 Nov 2014, 04:34 AM

You're obviously doing something wrong if you let them plant bunkers 2-3 mins in. Unless you lost every engagement the past 3 minutes.
30 Nov 2014, 04:43 AM

If he's building a machine gun nest in the first 2-3 minutes, just go to another part of the map. Or buy smoke grenades and negate it. You don't need to run headlong into it if you're not prepared to deal with it. Attack your opponent where he is weakest.
30 Nov 2014, 10:29 AM

plenty of great suggestions in this thread. op just sucks lol.
30 Nov 2014, 19:43 PM

plenty of great suggestions in this thread. op just sucks lol.

Be nice....

I understand how frustrating Bunkers can be when you arent prepared. Like before they buffed Satchel to take them out. Sooooo frustrating....
1 Dec 2014, 19:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

bunker spam can be surprisingly effective against USF, especially if you're just blobbing around (it's okay, we all do it :D).

I think an AT gun is the best earliest option, personally since you will probably need it for other things anyway.

If it's actually late enough in the game for you to get a scott then that's even better.
1 Dec 2014, 20:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 19:19 PMRomeo
bunker spam can be surprisingly effective against USF, especially if you're just blobbing around (it's okay, we all do it :D).

Speak for Yourself
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS