Login

russian armor

AAHT vs Scout car with autocannon

Vaz
18 Nov 2014, 06:19 AM

I had a few games where given the right maneuvering room and a good angle, the scout car can prevent the AAHT from firing the 37mm cannon. This results in a pretty cheap counter to the AAHT, which normally would blast the scout car apart with no trouble. I'm not sure if the mechanic changed, but I remember being able to manually target it and the chassis would stay still while the mount rotates. Well now it's not doing that, it's rotating both, which in turn is keeping the criteria for the 37mm unmet. Anyone else experiencing this or have a way to keep the damned thing still?
18 Nov 2014, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 06:19 AMVaz
Well now it's not doing that, it's rotating both, which in turn is keeping the criteria for the 37mm unmet. Anyone else experiencing this or have a way to keep the damned thing still?

Scout cars go down like flyies to even 1 squad of vet Rfiles with ATnade. i used AAHT once after patch dint notice vehicle turning when given explicit targets to attack . Did the scout car approach you from the front of AAHT?

Try pressing S after the scout car is in the firing arc might stop AAHT from auto rotating a replay would be helpfull though ? :rolleyes:
18 Nov 2014, 13:35 PM

The scout car is fine, if anything it needs a buff
Vaz
19 Nov 2014, 05:46 AM

The approach was from the rear, but it was already engaged with an infantry target, so re-prioritized it. I forgot about the stop command, that's all I need, thanks!
19 Nov 2014, 10:15 AM

Well if someone manages to kill your AAHT with good micro, it's not cheap. But if you lose it due to terrible vehicle pathing that's something else. I didn't notice any difference in the last patch, but I never issue attack order to AAHT, I only face by using "U" shortcut on keyboard.
20 Nov 2014, 04:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 06:19 AMVaz
I remember being able to manually target it and the chassis would stay still while the mount rotates. Well now it's not doing that, it's rotating both, which in turn is keeping the criteria for the 37mm unmet. Anyone else experiencing this or have a way to keep the damned thing still?

I think I might have to agree with you, the AAHT seems to do weird stationary turns when re-prioritizing targets had this happen to me in last couple of games. so far only workaround is to press S immediately after issuing a priority target to stop it doing weird turns.

this replay i told it to attack volksshreck squad and it started doing turns i pressed S immediately and it stopped rotating. I think somethings wrong here in code. definitely wasn't happening before patch.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★