Do you think LMG is too strong?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
70%
Total votes: 83
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
13 Nov 2014, 03:05 AM

Soviet conscript against Volks grenadier is ok, rifle vs rifle

against obserdaton, is ok, becuase obserdaton comes relatively later and expensive too build.
against stormpio or PG, it is fine, as long as you are in green cover, you can still manage shot some guy.

against grenadier with LMG, is not ok, because grenadier only cost 240 Mp, ostheer can just spam LMG with 4 or 5 grenadiers, conscript can not stand a chance,

For me, grenadier with LMG just like obserdaton even with more ability like rifle nade and panzerfaust.

i suggest that Nerf LMG, like nerfing its accuracy.
13 Nov 2014, 03:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ost is already the weakest faction in 1v1 right now, they have a hard enough time facing off with the USA with the lmgs. I propose it is more of a problem with conscripts, and they should have something done to make them more viable in the late game.
13 Nov 2014, 03:37 AM

This isn't so much "is Grenadier LMG too strong" as it is "are LMG's too strong". I would like to see LMG's reworked to either do flat DPS at any range, or just add ~5DPS to the squads output at all ranges. I don't think you can really nerf the LMG 42 anymore without lowering the price for it.
13 Nov 2014, 05:44 AM
Patrion 14

This isn't so much "is Grenadier LMG too strong" as it is "are LMG's too strong". I would like to see LMG's reworked to either do flat DPS at any range, or just add ~5DPS to the squads output at all ranges. I don't think you can really nerf the LMG 42 anymore without lowering the price for it.

this but also,

i think it isn't gren lmg that is too strong, but the problem lie on cons lacking permanent muni upgrade like lmg or assault rifle. this makes them scale really poorly compared to volks, grens with lmg, and bar rifles.
13 Nov 2014, 05:50 AM

Grens are really not strong. but LMG is tooooo strong.

OK riflemen has 1918 and 1919. but one 1919 cant beat one LMG...
13 Nov 2014, 06:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I like them where they are at. I definitely feel (rightfully) strong when my Grens have LMGs, and it is a core part of how I play Wehrmacht. They provide excellent firepower from a distance and are limited to only one [purchasable via upgrade].

As Soviet, I really do not enjoy the Cons vs Axis infantry meta that exists now. Cons drop off too much in the late game, which fails to reward players for keeping cons alive. Make no mistake, experience is a resource. Starting units surviving to late game with veterancy and upgraded weapons is core gameplay for the other three factions.
13 Nov 2014, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 06:41 AMOhme
I like them where they are at. I definitely feel (rightfully) strong when my Grens have LMGs, and it is a core part of how I play Wehrmacht. They provide excellent firepower from a distance and are limited to only one [purchasable via upgrade].

As Soviet, I really do not enjoy the Cons vs Axis infantry meta that exists now. Cons drop off too much in the late game, which fails to reward players for keeping cons alive. Make no mistake, experience is a resource. Starting units surviving to late game with veterancy and upgraded weapons is core gameplay for the other three factions.

i agree, especially with the second paragraph
13 Nov 2014, 06:56 AM

Pardon me, did you make a purpose from nerfing everything usefull Axis have? Because if I'm not mistaken it's not the only thread you started with a nerfing subject in the last 2 weeks.

On topic: grenadiers are among the weakest infantry currently while their are vanilla. Along time, they were nerfed, their lmg was nerfed. More nerfing would make them useless. Even in current state, they become to be usefull from vet level 2. Untill then, you fight 2 seconds then you run back if you want to preserve your squad.
Conscripts are not that weak, molotovs are very usefull now especialy because of the new cover system and ppsh upgrade makes them very dangerous.
In conclusion I don't think lmg 42 needs any change.
13 Nov 2014, 07:51 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 06:56 AMJohnnyB

On topic: grenadiers are among the weakest infantry currently while their are vanilla.

i'm sorry, but can you expand on this? in what way are they 'among the weakest'? are you talking about in terms of durability? scale-ability? versatility? vet bonuses wise? etc etc?
13 Nov 2014, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 07:51 AMpigsoup

i'm sorry, but can you expand on this? in what way are they 'among the weakest'? are you talking about in terms of durability? scale-ability? versatility? vet bonuses wise? etc etc?

As described in my post, in terms of durability, mainly.
13 Nov 2014, 08:09 AM

Also, on top of being the Xth crying post asking to nerf axis, it was posted in the Lobby. Not worth spending time here.
13 Nov 2014, 08:24 AM
Patrion 14

oh, the " you fight 2 seconds then you run back if you want to preserve your squad" part....

i have no words
13 Nov 2014, 08:26 AM
Donator 22

I vote no, because the grens with lmg are in a good spot right now IMO. The problem is, that cons are shitty late game ^^
13 Nov 2014, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 05:44 AMpigsoup
i think it isn't gren lmg that is too strong, but the problem lie on cons lacking permanent muni upgrade like lmg or assault rifle. this makes them scale really poorly compared to volks, grens with lmg, and bar rifles.

Yeah it'd be nice of Conscripts got PPSh upgrades or something. I find Conscripts much easier to use and more effective when they have PPSh's. The PPSh's themselves could be a modified version that retains at least Mosin DPS over range (so as to not punish the player at all for choosing them, because the LMG doesn't). That might mess with doctrines though. Maybe change the doctrine ability from PPSh upgrade to to "Assault Conscripts" with 3PPSh, ability to purchase 3 more, F1 Grenades (just use pineapple model), no received accuracy, and this badass icon:

(won't lie, I just wanna see that icon get used, it's cool)
13 Nov 2014, 08:58 AM

Yes, they are to strong. Not som much in relation to the other factions, but in relation to wehr. You dont have any other choices. That in the end makes playing wehr disappointing. Spam them grenadiers.
13 Nov 2014, 09:05 AM

No more powerful than the damn double BAR or BAR + M19191, or double M1919's.

Like seriously, Grenadiers can't even double equip anymore for G-43 + LMG42, why should American rifles be able to?

But like, whatever - I already know this thread is going to turn into an Axis hate train and say "LMG-Grens are OP and need nerfed!".

Why bother trying to speak reasonably right?
13 Nov 2014, 09:06 AM

I think they are ok, there are reasonable counters..
13 Nov 2014, 09:14 AM

Grenadiers are OK with LMG
13 Nov 2014, 09:43 AM
Benefactor 115

They are fine, just don't try to engage them with conscripts :p (except quick molotov+instaretreat)
13 Nov 2014, 10:04 AM

Instead of this stupid wehrmacht (OST) nerfing rant, you should try to play the faction fort once. They have nerfed this faction to the very end, and they don't need any more nerfing.

How is wehrmacht (OST) going to stop shocks, BARs, Guards, SMGs?

panzergrenadier wont do it, they already die like butter melts in the sun by any unit. I guess your next topic will be, "nerf the panzergrenadier", and followed by "nerf the scout car"...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 55
Korea, Republic Of 17
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak