Login

russian armor

About the B-4

PAGES (23)down
13 Nov 2014, 14:32 PM

Let them nerf B4. Even more ISU usage will happen and everyone will wish they used something else when the alternatives get nerfed.
13 Nov 2014, 14:37 PM

Let them nerf B4. Even more ISU usage will happen and everyone will wish they used something else when the alternatives get nerfed.

Remember that ISU nerf is coming :lol:
13 Nov 2014, 14:45 PM

Remember that ISU nerf is coming :lol:

I heard Relic is introducing random Axis mirror matches into matchmaking MVGame
13 Nov 2014, 14:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just survive till Obers for AI - that will be around 9mins.
You still can combine Volks blob + Grens blob

Practice > Theorycraft

Again, check the tournament.
13 Nov 2014, 15:54 PM

Tell me what do you think is a HARD counter for JagdTiger aside from combined arms (Marked vehicle, 3+ medium armor, guards, mines and bombing strike)? There is no one unit that can counter that tank destroyer, we have a hard counter for artillery pieces which is the stuka dive bomber or counter arty from walking stuka or panzer werfer for lucky strikes.
13 Nov 2014, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 12:09 PMKatitof

Taking away the ability to precision strike and 50% more damage is doing soviets sooooooo great favor.

having 3-4 b4`s is soooooo useless(without a huge mp and pop penalty ofc!), sorry.
13 Nov 2014, 15:59 PM

having 3-4 b4`s is soooooo useless(without a huge mp and pop penalty ofc!), sorry.

B4 spam severely limits the army compositions which opens up to mass assaults by the enemy. If a Soviet player builds 3-4 B4 and has a small army, I am going to decimate his team mates in critical engagements with my numerous troops and tanks, and rush his B4 after.
13 Nov 2014, 16:05 PM

Once again I haven't noticed we're not talking competitive games but circus of 4v4 <444>_<444>
13 Nov 2014, 16:15 PM

i think +dmg vet bonuses are utter shit. how is a vetted crew going to make the shell of a b4 do more damage? now please dont tell me the crews are better at aiming at weakpoints... with indirect fire...

but i could live with that... if this:
was fixed...
13 Nov 2014, 16:32 PM

i think +dmg vet bonuses are utter shit. how is a vetted crew going to make the shell of a b4 do more damage? now please dont tell me the crews are better at aiming at weakpoints... with indirect fire...

was fixed...

How can Vet 5 Volksgrendiers man handle my vet 3 elite infantry such Paras, shocks and guards?
13 Nov 2014, 16:43 PM

was fixed...

It is fixed? I don't understand why so many dudes is trying to lie about the B4 just to try to make it look stronger than what it is.

Lies in this thread so far:

1. "One shotting super heavy tanks" -How can the 960 damage at vet 3, singlehandedly, kill something with 1280 hitpoints?

2. "Stuka Bombing Strike can't kill it" -How can't 750 damage destroy a gun with 400 hitpoints? Not talking about the crew here, which is even weaker.

3. This guy claiming that he would be fine with the B4 damage if the old barrage bug was fixed? It's been fixed for more than two months now. Source: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog?p=98416#post98416

I've probably missed much but this is what I remembered by not reading the whole thread again.
13 Nov 2014, 16:51 PM

Lies in this thread so far:

well, if being unaware of a "recent" fix is lying to you, you caught me.

i was wrong. happens quiet a lot these days
13 Nov 2014, 16:58 PM

How can Vet 5 Volksgrendiers man handle my vet 3 elite infantry such Paras, shocks and guards?

what? how is that related to what i said? while one could argue that the vet bonuses of vet 5 volks are too much... it just isnt the same as a vet bonus that doesnt make sense at all
13 Nov 2014, 17:05 PM

I play 1v1 as Soviets and USF exclusively. Only play Germans in 2v2. So far anyway. This may change in the future, but that's not what I wanted to write about.
So I had this 1v1 vs OKW player. I was experimenting with B4 commander as I always likeed it but thought it's too easy to get punished while using it against any DECENT opponent. Anyway at some point he blobed his units so much I was able to take 3 of his squads at once with single shot getting Vet2 or Vet3 in the process.
Guy said something about how OP B4 is but it never occured to him that his own mistake allowed me to utilize this powerful weapon.

As I see mostly OKW team players are having problem with it you need to know that this unit heavily counters any kind of too forward placement so next time before you decide to cover some important point with you AA truck just remember that B4 exists and you can get punished for this.

Also it seems a bit hypocritical to complain about this unit if at the same time there is Stuka zu Fuss in OKW arsenal which can take out even multiple weapon platforms at once.

It's not that OKW struggle against Soviet tanks. Quite the opposite.
Unless you rely on JT too much. In that casu you just got hard countered.
13 Nov 2014, 17:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Agreed, a lot of OKW players appear to be very, very aggressive with their truck placement

"I know, I'll place a high value immobile target where the enemy can find it and get indirect fire on it. What could possibly go wrong with that?"
13 Nov 2014, 17:55 PM

Agreed, a lot of OKW players appear to be very, very aggressive with their truck placement

"I know, I'll place a high value immobile target where the enemy can find it and get indirect fire on it. What could possibly go wrong with that?"

I uploaded replay 2 days ago where OKW guy made med truck really away from base and made it forward retreat point. He was unsing it wihtout any punishment for about 10-15mins. Then I got B4. I hit once his retreating troops, hit second time, he was saying something about cheats or even called me a cheater yet he did not turn off forward retreat point so finnaly I hit his 20 models :banana:
13 Nov 2014, 20:05 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGmoqGiBw5U

A good example of B-4 useage, and if the axis players choose to ignore it how punishing it will be.

Yeah, ignore the weapob costing you so much MP and Fuel.
14 Nov 2014, 05:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You get 3 commander slots

I feel sorry for those Ostheer players who have to waste one of them on such terrible doctrines as the list below in case they need to counter a B4

Close Air Support

Jaeger Armour

Joint Operations

Luftwaffe

Spearhead

Wat? Frag bombs do not counter B4s. At best they will kill the crew, which in case of a vetted crew might be annoying, but thats about it - they do not destroy the piece. LeFH 18, likewise, will not counter a B4 - its just the other way around, the B4 will make short work of the LeFH and you can also say goodbye to your Pak 43...shall I go on? Among those you listed, Jäger armor is a virtual hardcounter to Counterattack not only because of the Recon/Dive bomb combo but also because against the KV1 the Elephant is actually for once useful. The rest however, meh.

I posted the list of every OKH doc that has:

Recon + Off map strike

Yes, some of those are fragmentation bombs or light artillery barrage that won't kill it but will probably decrew it

Which means they just lost Vet, and have to try to get it back again

None of those are terrible doctrines; and it is not like you don't get two other slots either

14 Nov 2014, 08:19 AM

Why is B4 even a problem? Its a burst damage howitzer and it dose exactly just that. You pick a doct with Stuka dive bomb, Or stuka it yourself if your OKW. Congrats you just countered his entire doctrines gimmick.

Not to mention Close air support can counter it for 140MU
You still have the option of flanking a tank to it (less reliable)

The real problem is that LeFH and ML20 are trash.
14 Nov 2014, 17:42 PM

Why is B4 even a problem? Its a burst damage howitzer and it dose exactly just that. You pick a doct with Stuka dive bomb, Or stuka it yourself if your OKW. Congrats you just countered his entire doctrines gimmick.

Protip: Try to actually read what has been posted before in this thread.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 262

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %