Login

russian armor

JU-87 Strafe shredding tanks.

PAGES (8)down
9 Nov 2014, 10:42 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Flame post (and follow-up quoting flame post) both invised.

Please lower the temperature here, guys :)

EDIT Second follow-up also invised
9 Nov 2014, 10:54 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Off topic post invised also

If you have to make abusive comments about another poster, please do so by email - or preferably, not at all.

I have asked once for this thread to come back to some kind of order- but there are other alternatives open, if you will not

EDIT: another flame post invised.

One last try

Back to topic
9 Nov 2014, 11:35 AM
Donator 22

lol. reversing out of p47 doesnt guarantee the rockets will miss. they can still hit, sometimes they miss sometimes they dont. i think you can also reverse out of this strafe as well, in the video it looks like you just kinda stood still and took it.

+1

The JU-87 was the last month really useless for 200 muni (missed targets/less damage) but its definitely not broken/OP.
9 Nov 2014, 12:04 PM

We all know the germans need this ability because of their underperforming tanks and infantry can't stand up to op allied tanks Kappa. Not only that I never seen a p47 run do this much damage in one run, not only that the p47 is the only effective at usf has besides the lol Jackson, both needs to be nerfed ,but the usf needs compensation for their paper tanks.
9 Nov 2014, 13:30 PM
Benefactor 115

then how come it still randomly attacks even when you drive to the other side of the map?

If you are inside the circle when one of the passes starts it will shoot even if you get out of it.
If you are outside the circle when the pass starts it won't fire a single rocket.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 10:17 AMRMMLz
Let's face it, only one of them had 2 tigers, one PAK and and army of vetted LMG grens. Even without that they had a great chance of winning the game. The other enemy player also flanked you with his panther, so I think even without that, they had a good chance of finishing the battle in their favor.

That's exactly the point...Axis already has plenty of heavies so they don't need an overpowered anti tank strafe and that's why you can't compare the two strafes.
P47 is also mitigated by blitz and faster axis repair times.

Edit: Fuck off (added swearing so my post is taken more seriously)
9 Nov 2014, 13:46 PM

So they cried for their standing tanks and did not even get a single AA-Unit on the field which could deal with the strafe of just one stuka?

Great team communication and strategy!
9 Nov 2014, 13:54 PM

It was rather down to 30% not 20%. Assume all shots would hit.. maybe 75%, and that's the same amount of damage that a single p47 deals in a single pass, given the fact that there are 2 p47, the american anti tank run has still twice the potential damage of the german one.

+ your agrument "dodgeable" is somewhat invalid since u haven't tried to dodge the Ju87
9 Nov 2014, 13:58 PM

Finally this ability does some damage!!! FINALLY!!!!
9 Nov 2014, 13:59 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Saying just build Anti-Air is stupid suggestion on so many levels.

Knowing that the Tigers are coming and going SU-85 from Tier 4 for a tank destroyer, do you suggest that the Soviet should spend 440 Manpower + 150 Fuel + 90 munitions for an Anti Air vehicle that won't kill the strafe until after the first strafe.

Or do you suggest that the American also knowing that Tigers are coming and going Captain for M1 guns should spend 400 + 130 fuel for an M15?

Bear in mind there's only a 33% chance of the strafe actually coming, we don't know what commander the Germans have locked in until the Red Smoke shreds 80% of the Allied Tanks.

Or are you suggesting that instead Allies should not build AT guns or tank destroyers against Tigers so they can build Anti air just incase they decide to use a strafing run?
9 Nov 2014, 14:00 PM

Permanently Banned
You underestimated the ability. Thats it.

Its not OP but now (finally!) working as intended. For the entire history of CoH2 this ability has been a waste of ressources. Now it does damage and is a useful ability. Nothing OP or broken about that.
9 Nov 2014, 14:01 PM

OMG, the anti tank strafe does its job now! How horrible! Nerf now.
9 Nov 2014, 14:01 PM

German at strafe OP? Really?

Drama drama.
9 Nov 2014, 14:02 PM

it is fine, it deals good damgde to tanks and is worthless against infantry.
9 Nov 2014, 14:18 PM

I thought I was going crazy the first time this was used on me. I've had it gib a Jackson on a single run (although admittedly, it didn't manage that every time).

Slightly off topic: Is there any way to know (before your tank dies) whether it is an anti infantry or an anti tank strafe?
9 Nov 2014, 14:26 PM

I'm glad the JU-87 AT strafe finally does what it is supposed to do.

It does however once again highlight the poor state of soviet AA firepower. The only AA they have is the M5 quad .50cal which does not even get any AA-bonuses with veterancy. Only 5 doctrines provide any form of AA and that is in the form of pintle mounted DHSK guns.

Compared to axis AA capabilities the soviet AA is in a very poor state.
9 Nov 2014, 14:27 PM

I thought I was going crazy the first time this was used on me. I've had it gib a Jackson on a single run (although admittedly, it didn't manage that every time).

Slightly off topic: Is there any way to know (before your tank dies) whether it is an anti infantry or an anti tank strafe?

There is no problem if you get pinned, its a problem if your tank gets attacked. So your brain should automatically get the msg,that you should move your tanks. The damage from this attack gets really toned down if your tank is moving. If you get out of the zone=no damage. Simple as that.
9 Nov 2014, 14:30 PM

Looks just as broken and overpowered as P-47. But does the Axis really need something of that calibre to go with its already strong Late Game tanks?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS