Login

russian armor

Strongest 1v1 Faction this Patch (October 2014)

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
7 Nov 2014, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned

I did not say axis are OP or somthing but according to stats axis are somewhat better in 2vs2. it is just your inability to read.

The stats showed it in allies favour for 70% of the time over a week with OKW being stronger at the end of that week. I think you need to read the ENTIRE graph and not the end of it.
7 Nov 2014, 15:30 PM

The stats showed it in allies favour for 70% of the time over a week with OKW being stronger at the end of that week. I think you need to read the ENTIRE graph and not the end of it.

the stats doesn´t favour the allies for 70%, is seems to be more 50/50 than 70%
However this are 1vs1 stats...
7 Nov 2014, 15:35 PM

Soviets have one or two very robust builds that end in call in tanks (ISU/85's) that are a touch boring to use, but very effective.

After that, OKW, you can go a pretty cookie clutter strat and do well, and tbh, it ain't all that micro intensive more often then not. Just boring as feck to play with or against due to a real lack of options outside of their powerhouse units (Volks w/Shrecks, Obers, Panther, Puma, Stuka, Sturmpioneer, Kubel, Luchs, Truck (heh)). You can probably throw in the doctrinal HMG, Fusiliers and PAK43 into that mix, but you get the idea.
7 Nov 2014, 15:44 PM

I voted for USF since I'v been consistently screwed over by their Priest artillery unit and infantry who crush Axis in early and mid game. They simply have too many units and vehicles that are incredibly effective(Too many units that can instant squad wipe to be more specific) compared to the OKW who only have a handful of useful units, which can't even squad wipe by the way.

Wehrmacht is in a better position, and I feel much more comfortable with them in 1v1's compared to the OKW, but not even the mighty Wehrmacht have as much firepower and strong units as the USF has.
7 Nov 2014, 15:48 PM

Permanently Banned
I voted for USF since I'v been consistently screwed over by their Priest artillery unit and infantry who crush Axis in early and mid game.

Plz explain how this is possible?
7 Nov 2014, 15:53 PM

What needs explaining? USF Rifles are the best early and mid game infantry, and regarding the Priest- it's more of a personal vendetta. People say the Priest is horribly inaccurate and isn't good, but a lot of the times, it seems to one shot my squads so I consider it just as powerful as the Priest in CoH1, and for those of you who played 2v2 ranked as Panzer Elite, I don't need to tell you how hard it was to face off against high ranking US and British teams.

Even in 1v1, the Priest was no joke and could turn the tide of battle with one barrage. The Priest is no different in CoH2 which is why it confuses me when people say it's a bad unit.
7 Nov 2014, 15:57 PM

Permanently Banned
nonsense

Again, Please explain how u are fighting a priest early game?
7 Nov 2014, 16:02 PM

Context is important my dear. Obviously you can't have a Priest early game, but you can most definitely have one in mid/late game but I wouldn't need to explain this to you if you actually thought about it instead of throwing blanket statements.
7 Nov 2014, 16:04 PM

Permanently Banned
lol

So you admit that either you are lying, bad at the game, or need to l2p?

Context? PLEASE
7 Nov 2014, 16:10 PM

Yes, context. I said that BOTH USF Rifles and the Priest were strong enough to propel the USF forces into the strongest faction category. Obviously if you stopped and thought about what you were typing, you would realise that for early game, USF Rifles are the best and once they get BARS and LMG's, they become Warhammer 40K Terminators essentially. For the Priest, it was obvious I was saying that they were a mid/late game unit, yet you insisted that I referred to it as an early game unit.

7 Nov 2014, 16:13 PM

Permanently Banned
and regarding the Priest- it's more of a personal vendetta.

If you're going to be biased, it's generally best to not let your opposition know that for a fact. Priest is an entirely RNG based weapon. Sometimes, on it's first shot, it lands right where it needs to and deals significant damage. But if it doesn't make that first shot, losing any units other than static positions to it is a matter of skill, not RNG or balance. The Priest doesn't fire quickly enough to not give you time to move your units out of it's barrage area. So getting hit after the first shot = L2P. Getting hit on the first shot = RNG.

That's why Priest isn't considered a good weapon. Relying on luck and your opponent being bad.
7 Nov 2014, 16:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes, context. I said that BOTH USF Rifles and the Priest were strong enough to propel the USF forces into the strongest faction category. Obviously if you stopped and thought about what you were typing, you would realise that for early game, USF Rifles are the best and once they get BARS and LMG's, they become Warhammer 40K Terminators essentially. For the Priest, it was obvious I was saying that they were a mid/late game unit, yet you insisted that I referred to it as an early game unit.

Sounds like ur a bad player. puma can easily kill priest.

my advice stop camping and blobbing

And ONE doc unit cant propel a faction to #1
7 Nov 2014, 16:22 PM

Yes, but everyone has a different experience with the Priest. It seems a lot of you guys don't get your squad wiped on the first shot, where as mine do so this is why I dread the Priest and consider it an extremely powerful unit. Also, you don't need to tell me it's a "learn to play" issue. I know to retreat if the first shot misses, but I don't get that luxury most of the time the Priest squad wipes my troops more often than not. If you're in a 2v2 and you're facing off against B4's and Priests, then it's truly hell on Earth and the Priest is an absolute game changer.

Even discounting 2v2's, the Priest is still extremely powerful in 1v1's. It's this reason why I prefer to square off against Russians instead of the USF, since I don't need to deal with the Priest.
7 Nov 2014, 16:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes, but everyone has a different experience with the Priest. It seems a lot of you guys don't get your squad wiped on the first shot, where as mine do so this is why I dread the Priest and consider it an extremely powerful unit. Also, you don't need to tell me it's a "learn to play" issue. I know to retreat if the first shot misses, but I don't get that luxury most of the time the Priest squad wipes my troops more often than not. If you're in a 2v2 and you're facing off against B4's and Priests, then it's truly hell on Earth and the Priest is an absolute game changer.

Even discounting 2v2's, the Priest is still extremely powerful in 1v1's. It's this reason why I prefer to square off against Russians instead of the USF, since I don't need to deal with the Priest.

Well as much as I hate to agree with Ratchet, he/she's probably right. That, or you're basing your experience from the Priest off of the outcomes of 1 or 2 games. If Priests are wiping your squads on the first shot of their barrage every time, you are experiencing RNG like never seen before and I encourage you to upload some replays to back these outlandish and wild claims. Seriously, you are the first person I've ever heard to complain about the Priest since WFA release. The M8A1 Scott is a much more serious problem in terms of squad wiping than the Priest, which is non-doctrinal.
7 Nov 2014, 16:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Why is it so hard for you guys to ignore RE and move on? His posts are such blatant trolling attempts that honestly I'm embarassed at how easily you fall for them.
7 Nov 2014, 16:43 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2014, 16:42 PMRomeo
Why is it so hard for you guys to ignore RE and move on? His posts are such blatant trolling attempts that honestly I'm embarassed at how easily you fall for them.

Because it's interesting to see how they'll defend themselves against someone who actually can argue and debate in a civilized manner and doesn't become flabbergasted by their stupidity.
7 Nov 2014, 16:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

No, it is absolutely not interesting at all to anyone except you which is why PMs exist.
7 Nov 2014, 17:17 PM

Well as much as I hate to agree with Ratchet, he/she's probably right. That, or you're basing your experience from the Priest off of the outcomes of 1 or 2 games. If Priests are wiping your squads on the first shot of their barrage every time, you are experiencing RNG like never seen before and I encourage you to upload some replays to back these outlandish and wild claims. Seriously, you are the first person I've ever heard to complain about the Priest since WFA release. The M8A1 Scott is a much more serious problem in terms of squad wiping than the Priest, which is non-doctrinal.

QueenRatchet is simply wrong. I'm basing my experience with the Priest from my own personal experiences in mainly 2v2's, so usually the Priests are backed up by B4's and other Russian units that work extremely well in conjunction with US units. Granted, I haven't played a lot of 1v1's as the OKW but if the Priests are as powerful in 1v1's as they are in 2v2's, then I want no part of that and would prefer to face the Russians instead.

I plan on playing a bunch of matches tonight(1v1's since I've given up on trying to beat a Russian and US mixed team in 2v2) so we'll see what happens and if a Priest decimates my forces, I'll upload the replays and link you to them. I already have 1 replay uploaded where a Priest and B4 killed all of my units throughout the game, so feel free to watch that one if you want.

Also, I resent the statement "learn to play". I don't need to remind everyone that I was a top 10 ranked player for the British Army in CoH1, and I was in the top100 for Panzer Elite in 2v2 ranked, so it's safe to say that I know how to play CoH1 and CoH2; they're essentially the same game so my skills for this game are sufficient.
7 Nov 2014, 17:23 PM

Soviets are the strongest in 1v1, their call-in structure is just too good to beat with other factions. They can tech the least and not falter a single step.

OKW is definitely 2nd, but only because they have two units which slow down USF so well in early and mid game (Kubel and Puma).

USF is third, they really struggle against OKW, but shine against Ostheer.

Ostheer is last, they have to tech the most of all the factions(at least 2 tiers), and they are hampered the most by unit losses(RNG squad wipes hurt so bad) over any other faction(exception being Osttrupen spam).
7 Nov 2014, 17:48 PM

Permanently Banned

QueenRatchet is simply wrong. I'm basing my experience with the Priest from my own personal experiences in mainly 2v2's,

Read the title of this thread...
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight