Login

russian armor

Strongest 1v1 Faction this Patch (October 2014)

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
Which faction is the strongest/most effective for 1v1 Automatch
US ForcesOberkommando WestOstheer/WehrmachtSoviet Union
Option Distribution Votes
21%
43%
4%
32%
Total votes: 145 (Locked)
7 Nov 2014, 13:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Title. Would like to get a consensus on overall opinion. I have a rough idea of what everyone thinks (or at least what I think what everyone thinks) but would appreciate some more feedback.

Sorry if there is already a thread like this but haven't seen one, at least for this patch.
7 Nov 2014, 13:37 PM

Still OKW imo.

If you haven't stomped them early and haven't sealed the game by mid game, you won't overcome 5vet scaling.
7 Nov 2014, 13:53 PM

Soviets are scary in 1v1. Just so many deadly tricks up their sleeves.
7 Nov 2014, 13:59 PM

OKW, every modes.
7 Nov 2014, 14:03 PM

OKW. What the tank hunter partisan said before me is true.
7 Nov 2014, 14:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Who is OP?

1v1: Allies by a nudge
2v2: Allies
3v3: Axis by a nudge
4v4: Axis

#Balance Kappa
7 Nov 2014, 14:18 PM

I'd say soviets overall. But only because of the stupid gaurds + sniper shit againts OKW. Everything else is either fine or underperforming considerably.
7 Nov 2014, 14:32 PM

Who is OP?

#Balance Kappa

Stats say you're wrong

7 Nov 2014, 14:32 PM

Ostheer/Wehrmacht most balanced faction and strong in all tech double sniper still so effective you finish a game it more than 25+ 1v1 + going t1 and t3 it pz4 spam thats the only ting you nedd dont now wyy you guys voted in the hother team + LMG soo nice to wipe squads !!
7 Nov 2014, 14:39 PM

Who is OP?

#Balance Kappa

No, in 2vs2 axis are better than allies.
7 Nov 2014, 14:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's look at the match ups:

USF vs OH: play aggro, don't stop the pressure.
USF vs OKW: survive Kubeljesus truck push. Get wipes or get screwed on lategame.

OKW vs SU: if it's not T1 you are fine. If it's M3, don't screw early on with your Kubel. If it's snipers, prepare for a stressful match.
OKW vs USF: relax. Just don't make stupid mistakes.

SU vs OH: balanced.
SU vs OKW: you better play with call in tanks.

OH vs USF: you better have a nice micro and good support weapon control.
OH vs SU: balanced.

If i could vote, it would be SU and OKW. There's enough reason to either say one or the other. In this case i voted for SU.
7 Nov 2014, 14:44 PM

OKW and Soviets.... USF can get shut down very easily and Ostheer is Ostheer. It needs time to really get going.
7 Nov 2014, 14:46 PM

Permanently Banned

No, in 2vs2 axis are better than allies.

Lol? Maybe Double USF but Mixed or Double SOV and its GG...If you dont know how to win with maxims and BAR blobs I think just l2p...
7 Nov 2014, 15:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Lol? Maybe Double USF but Mixed or Double SOV and its GG...If you dont know how to win with maxims and BAR blobs I think just l2p...

Maxims can be dealt with and have no purpose lategame. Soviet snipers are the real threat. And Bars? Luchs, lmg grens and mg's or even 222 easily deals with that
7 Nov 2014, 15:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stats say you're wrong

This ones?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XLuYfjWA8PZnTWpaajdNtUGXmHYTaYPZN393Nxq5bQo/edit#gid=0

I would love having some AT stats, since it's not the same going random rather than going maxim + snipers ISU wombo combo.

While 3v3+ is land of the axis, on 2v2 which map and combination of factions plays a huge role.
With the current fix positions maps and 4 vetoes:

Top choice: Double SU, Mix Axis and Double OKW (depending on map and combination of opponents faction)
Workable: Mix Allies
Hipster: Double USF and OH

7 Nov 2014, 15:14 PM

Permanently Banned

Maxims can be dealt with and have no purpose lategame. Soviet snipers are the real threat. And Bars? Luchs, lmg grens and mg's or even 222 easily deals with that

Zero foresight. Are you ignoring the fact that by the time he has a luchs you'll probably have 57mm or m20 mine or zooks etc. Also you won't be very far off with sherman - especially so if you played the early game to your advantage, which isnt very hard to do now that people know how to counter kubel (its not even used a lot anymore) and volks get shredded up fairly easily against rifles.

LMG grens are a soft counter and rifle blobs can easily over come it, especially if theres a cheap-as-chips fighting position near by or you were smart enough to get an m20 or 50cal.

222 Maybe the best bet but agaonst blobs? No chance, 3 rifle squads, even without bars can do a lot of damage and can fend a 222 off quite well. 222 is only really good at killing off individual squads.

Problem with balance is that puma rush [being 1 volks, mech set up, 2 more volks and fuel convert to puma (comes in 5-6 minutes)] against USF is pretty hard to counter unless puma is dumb enough to get killed by a m20 zook. Nothing actually counters unless you get Captain tier or go sherman (which can be killed by puma). This is more a 1v1 thing and only applies to OKW vs USF anyway so its a bit off topic to my original comment.
7 Nov 2014, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned
sov and OKW

The 5 levels of vet make O?KW a little better than sov.

an aggressive med truck, with shreks will easily counter sov t1.

u probably wont see snipers in a 1v1 also.

Stuka will counter t2.

shreks will be ur most reliable source of AT
7 Nov 2014, 15:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

luchs can survive 2 atg shots and bazookas? I've never seen someone get both bars and bazookas. Besides bazookas are terrible and will mostly just miss.
Guards get decimated by luchs so I dont know how you see a bazooka riflemen fighting it
7 Nov 2014, 15:19 PM

I did not say axis are OP or somthing but according to stats axis are somewhat better in 2vs2. it is just your inability to read.
7 Nov 2014, 15:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

OKW and Soviets are both equally strong I think but I voted OKW because they still have the most broken stuff (but not by much).
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS