Login

russian armor

Luchs and 222

10 Nov 2014, 05:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2014, 21:15 PMZeaviS

Oh! Oh! I know!

The first one is the 222, the second one is the M3.

Seriously, why do you guys need something that costs only 15 to be a wrecking machine? You know why the luchs is so much better? Because it costs 50 ( or 75 if you want to take into account okw fuel econ ) fuel.

It costs only 20 mp more than a m3 scout car, which it demolishes once it gets the autocannon. With proper micro it can kill an M20 as well, which costs 20 fuel. Should we also buff the M20 then?

M3 available immediately, needs no ammo upgrade and can carry units to project power....222 needs 55 ammo to be worth a darn, requires tech which means an opponent will have some kind of counter out if they aren't being foolish/overconfident.

If it gets better armor, which it should to not be so intensive it should also get a MP and fuel cost increase so it isn't a cheap shredder but it will still be dead meat to guards/zis and a single at nade from a conscript with oorah which slows it to a crawl.
10 Nov 2014, 05:39 AM

222 has always sucked, except when relic changed the cover system then it became OP for a little while and then it was nerfed.

It's barely a counter to snipers.

I never buy it and instead get the half track for quick reinforce and flame upgrade at t2.

What if it got a buff to being harder to hit when on the move? might make more survivable. It's total trash atm if there's any american player because of bazookas.

after the flammenwerfer nerf, it seems like a huge risk for 120 muni's, I mean they have to get so close to unleash their flames that an oorah conscript will easily be able to AT nade you unless you are supremely careful or always have mg support. i like using them as reinforcement then if they get to vet 2, put flames on.

10 Nov 2014, 05:57 AM

which is why in Somalia the warlord faction soldiers were able to kill almost as many US soldiers as they lost since they had AK47 automatics and truck mounted HMGs....

I assume you meant the First Battle of Mogadishu, which is a really bad example. 160 US Military vs 3000 - 6000 Militants. Ending in 18 killed and 73 wounded for the US, and at least 315 killed, 812 wounded for the Militants. Other estimates go as high as up to 700+ killed and 1,500+ wounded. If anything, that's an example of how training trumps numbers.
10 Nov 2014, 09:18 AM
Patrion 28

that is exactly his point; he was being sarcastic.
11 Nov 2014, 06:43 AM

that is exactly his point; he was being sarcastic.

Thanks. Didn't think I needed to put /sarc at end but I guess I should have.
11 Nov 2014, 20:09 PM

after the flammenwerfer nerf, it seems like a huge risk for 120 muni's, I mean they have to get so close to unleash their flames that an oorah conscript will easily be able to AT nade you unless you are supremely careful or always have mg support. i like using them as reinforcement then if they get to vet 2, put flames on.

Flamewerfer is good still, but you need smoke canisters otherwise yeah it dies pretty easy. I find it as a superb counter to shock troops. I find myself getting it vet 3 everytime i use it. It gathers XP super quickly.
12 Nov 2014, 02:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 03:51 AMatouba

Sure the 222 has same level of HP with M3 and has autocannon. But 222 comes out later than M3. And it need 55 munitions to upgrade autocannon weapon.

222 can kill a M20? You must be joking... M20 crews have bazookas man... The crew can just abondond the vehicle and make 222 stoping firing on M20 and kill 222.

Definitely not joking, which is why I said, with proper micro. If you keep the 222 at range, you can back away before the zook fires. In the cases that you can't, the 222's small car size will ensure that sometimes the zooks will miss. So it's definitely not a hard counter, since, I've done it before.

M3 available immediately, needs no ammo upgrade and can carry units to project power....222 needs 55 ammo to be worth a darn, requires tech which means an opponent will have some kind of counter out if they aren't being foolish/overconfident.

If it gets better armor, which it should to not be so intensive it should also get a MP and fuel cost increase so it isn't a cheap shredder but it will still be dead meat to guards/zis and a single at nade from a conscript with oorah which slows it to a crawl.

Just because it comes out later, doesn't mean it should overperform for cost. If you want to give it more armor, then I'd be in favor of it with a cost increase.
12 Nov 2014, 05:10 AM

Just because it comes out later, doesn't mean it should overperform for cost. If you want to give it more armor, then I'd be in favor of it with a cost increase

If you give it more armor it will be finally worth it's cost. As it stands its one of the most inefficient use of resources in the game at the moment only being trumped out by the SU-76
14 Nov 2014, 01:55 AM

One thing the scout car does have though which the luchs and similar units don't have, is the fact that when upgraded with the 20mm its a cheap AA weapon which can shoot down planes

Though it can use more health. I would say give it a health increase when you upgrade it with the 20mm
    14 Nov 2014, 02:01 AM
    Developer Relic Badge

Is it me or does the 222's machine gun burst when it gets the autocannon get lowered? Usually it fires in long bursts even when on the move, but at times it fires these really short, bursts. Not sure if this video really proves the point, I swear the MG should be firing more(and not reloading.

14 Nov 2014, 02:04 AM

I actually thought it was odd that the 222 shot at aircraft.
    14 Nov 2014, 03:22 AM

Luchs is heavier and has tracks. Therefore more stable firing platform. Therefore more accurate. In the abstraction of CoH 2, that means it's more effective overall, which means more damage, accuracy, ect, all porportioned to balance ofc.

So there. Luchs has same gun but is not the same tank.

Actually no. The 222 and Luchs were about equal both in protection values and performance historically speaking. The 222 in this game is firing AP-rounds instead of HE-rounds. More effective overall for infantry, also its armor is pathetically thin and weak compared to the Luchs.

Also there is virtually no reason that the 222 is firing slower than the Luchs save for "balance" One could argue that since they are firing AP-rounds, that they are shooting slower for the sake of accuracy against vehicles, but that's about it.
    18 Nov 2014, 21:41 PM

The 222 destroys caches, M3s and M5s, Pries, M8A1, Kats, F-Positions etc. And it only costs 20 fuel. WTF?

And yet, it sucks against Inf. Such a weird unit.
    19 Nov 2014, 00:14 AM

The 222 destroys caches, M3s and M5s, Pries, M8A1, Kats, F-Positions etc. And it only costs 20 fuel. WTF?

And yet, it sucks against Inf. Such a weird unit.

thats the difference between ap and he rounds.
    1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 57
    Poland 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
      Steam Alias
      W
      L
      %
      Streak
    Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment