29%
20%
23%
6%
17%
Total votes: 75
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Nov 2014, 10:21 AM

My idea for a changeup of OKW, I'm not sure how it would fare out in real play or if it's too linear (coughbrits) but I think it's interesting regardless. My other idea was to have teching, where you must build T1 first then Tech T2 (can skip building it) then tech T3 (KT would still require all built). I guess T1/T2 repair/healing could be swapped too, if necessary. Just interesting for discussion I guess anyway. :)

T0
Sturmpioneers
Volksgrenadiers
Kubelwagen
Raketenwerfer 43

T1 (40 fuel) (Repair) - Must build first
Puma
Flak HT
Ie.IG 18 (Could use a small buff & price nerf)

T2 (Healing) (40 fuel) - Second built
Uhu IR HT (T1?)
Panzer II Luchs (Might need fuel increase)
Jagdpanzer IV (Might need fuel decrease)
Stuka zu Fuss
Fuel & Munitions transfer

T3 (Flak cannon) (80 fuel) - Must have T1 & T2 built
Obersoldaten
Panther
Sturm Tiger
King Tiger

Personally I like it, because it gives a more solid progression rather than the current weird mishmash of units, for example IR HT, JP4 and Ie.IG in T1, while making certain units more expensive to acquire such as Stuka & Obersoldaten. Some units will now possibly become more important, such as JP4 and Ie.IG. IR HT + Stuka may be a more common combo now. Losing T3 would also be a bigger blow since you can't build the KT from HQ anymore. Though must admit, haven't really thought about synergy with current doctrines.

I'm not saying OKW does need a change though...
4 Nov 2014, 12:05 PM

Problem is that probably everyone will build the T2 first and this would be kinda' linear and borring build. Today OKW has 2 options on the building it will build first. I mean look at T2 in your post. It has everything you need. Strong AI, strong AT, strong arty. Virtualy it has all solutions from T1 but better. I would rather keep the OKW's curent build, it implies a dificult start choice that needs to be correct. Or else.
4 Nov 2014, 12:07 PM

I think you misunderstood. You MUST build T1 first, then T2 and so on. It's a completely linear build. Like Brits in CoH1. My other thought as I said above, is to have teching where you must build T1 first then tech up for t2 & t3 (like wehr) but you can skip the t2 truck if you want. Though that would be quite risky, but opens it up more for team games I guess.
4 Nov 2014, 12:17 PM
Patrion 14

It's an idea alright.... but not sure how it would improve gameplay drastically.

Seems to me the main goal of this is to fix some timings. But this means you would throw out a part of the OKW faction vision statement. Delaying medic truck? Really? Still no delay for the Puma? etc. They are supposed to be tricky and unpredictable. They have flexible teching and tiering to compensate for their fuel income penalty.

I do not see what glaring issues would be fixed by this.
4 Nov 2014, 12:19 PM

I think you misunderstood. You MUST build T1 first, then T2 and so on. It's a completely linear build. Like Brits in CoH1. My other thought as I said above, is to have teching where you must build T1 first then tech up for t2 & t3 (like wehr) but you can skip the t2 truck if you want. Though that would be quite risky, but opens it up more for team games I guess.

Oh, that's different and it sounds interesting, I have to admit. :huh:
4 Nov 2014, 12:34 PM

Slowing down tier 3 though...
You would need to remove the OKW's fuel reduction.
The Puma and Jagdpanzer IV are just not good enough to combat Ally's medium armor spam in 1v1 and 2v2. You really need the Panther and forcing you to build T1 and T2 before T3, with the 66% fuel limit, would significantly slow down the OKW's ability to get an effective armor counter.
4 Nov 2014, 12:43 PM

An interesting idea, but the Puma coming out so early would kill all early game allied vehicles. The impression I get is that it'd come in roughly the same time as an M20 or M15... that's not good because the Puma kills those two handily whilst the OKW player must make a bad mistake to lose his Puma... so I don't support it. Despite my misgivings about OKW, I feel this idea is the wrong way to go about it, personally I think certain units in the line up need to nerfed a little (Obers most obviously) and perhaps the KT needs to be more difficult to get... Teching in this case isn't needed.
4 Nov 2014, 12:57 PM
Benefactor 115

I find okw teching perfect tbh, same for units distribution
4 Nov 2014, 13:13 PM

It's an idea alright.... but not sure how it would improve gameplay drastically.

Seems to me the main goal of this is to fix some timings. But this means you would throw out a part of the OKW faction vision statement. Delaying medic truck? Really? Still no delay for the Puma? etc. They are supposed to be tricky and unpredictable. They have flexible teching and tiering to compensate for their fuel income penalty.

I do not see what glaring issues would be fixed by this.

Well as I said healing/repair can be swapped, but I thought healing+puma at T1 might be a bit OP.

Almost all allied players call obers & stuka OP, so by delaying them to later game units, I don't think they would be OP.

My idea is basically to give a balanced AI/AT/indirect fire combined arms approach across tiers with increasing power at each tier. I think it would also bring some 'dead' (or rarely used) units back into the game such as Ie.IG 18, JP4 & IR HT. Balance tweaking would of course be needed.

Slowing down tier 3 though...
You would need to remove the OKW's fuel reduction.
The Puma and Jagdpanzer IV are just not good enough to combat Ally's medium armor spam in 1v1 and 2v2. You really need the Panther and forcing you to build T1 and T2 before T3, with the 66% fuel limit, would significantly slow down the OKW's ability to get an effective armor counter.

I guess the teching idea could work then, since you could skip the T2 truck. In that case I guess healing could go to T1. Though I was also thinking that some units may need to be adjusted, and certainly the JP4 would be one.

An interesting idea, but the Puma coming out so early would kill all early game allied vehicles. The impression I get is that it'd come in roughly the same time as an M20 or M15... that's not good because the Puma kills those two handily whilst the OKW player must make a bad mistake to lose his Puma... so I don't support it. Despite my misgivings about OKW, I feel this idea is the wrong way to go about it, personally I think certain units in the line up need to nerfed a little (Obers most obviously) and perhaps the KT needs to be more difficult to get... Teching in this case isn't needed.

I think many players (could be wrong) often go T2 first for Puma, so I don't see much difference there. Plus it's not like you can't do it now, in fact it theoretically would actually come out slower than it can now, since you don't have the fuel transfer in this T1.
4 Nov 2014, 13:16 PM

I feel stupid playing as OKW anymore, too frustrated while scott / Sherman / T34 one shot my vetted squad.
4 Nov 2014, 13:27 PM

OKW needs to be removed from game
4 Nov 2014, 13:27 PM

I hate the idea of fuel and munitions income penalty, its really confusing sometimes. Why don't just make OKW tanks and abilities more expensive? Same thing and clear as day.
4 Nov 2014, 13:45 PM

So does USF...
4 Nov 2014, 14:05 PM

Just remove axis from the game right

allies vs allies

OMG ALLIES SO OP!!!
4 Nov 2014, 14:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would love to have the king tiger be in the tier 4 building, as it is losing your buildings has no immediate impact on calling in the king tiger. This would make placing the tier 4 in a forward point a greater risk to lose.
4 Nov 2014, 15:08 PM

I guess the teching idea could work then, since you could skip the T2 truck. In that case I guess healing could go to T1. Though I was also thinking that some units may need to be adjusted, and certainly the JP4 would be one.

Yeah the Jagdpanzer IV needs cost decrease or buff its starting stats and lower some of its Vet bonuses(this thing is horrifically inaccurate at Vet 0). A slow long range no turret tank destroyer like this should really be more of a late game unit to counter heavies of the Allies, but they stuck it an early tier with high cost (because you CAN get it early) and gave it mediocre starting stats with great Vet bonuses(but it has to hit stuff to actually gain Vet :rolleyes:). This unit is for OKW, what SU-76 is for Soviets a mis-placed, over-costed, and underpowered space filler.
4 Nov 2014, 15:13 PM

Permanently Banned
puma at T1?

nope....

OKW is fine.

Specific units need to be looked at

EX. obers and stuka
4 Nov 2014, 16:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't get what some people are complaining about when you can actually get a Puma as your first tier.

BTW, putting the Luch 40 fuel earlier doesn't seems to be a good idea.
4 Nov 2014, 16:08 PM

I don't get what some people are complaining about when you can actually get a Puma as your first tier.

BTW, putting the Luch 40 fuel earlier doesn't seems to be a good idea.

Exactly, no idea either. Probably they don't play OKW and don't know lol.

Yeah I know that, hence why I said it might need fuel increase, since it would cost 130 now (40+40+50) instead of 170 (40+80+50). Though 90 seems a bit steep for a Luchs, so maybe ~75 would be fair, I guess it can be considered a trade for more expensive Stuka now (180 vs 140).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★