Login

russian armor

Russian Double Sniper + Guards

4 Nov 2014, 05:43 AM

Alright, so all of these work. And if you can't seem to beat an opponent using these strategies, its because your opponent is better then you.

None of them "work" against a competent opponent. They are at best RNG based half-measures, but not counters in the conventional understanding. The fact is, there is no real counter.
4 Nov 2014, 06:15 AM

Ostruppen
4 Nov 2014, 07:25 AM

What about the Stuka? that thing is murder vs infantry and is deadly accurate and with skill can be landed on opponent's retreat paths...
4 Nov 2014, 08:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

What about the Stuka? that thing is murder vs infantry and is deadly accurate and with skill can be landed on opponent's retreat paths...

The stuka is too accurate for it's own good when fighting snipers. Good players won't retreat but simply lolsprint sideways in a random direction. Missing with a stuka means you have to wait ~120 seconds to fire again, youre better of firing at support weapons to ensure kills than to pray for a bad opponent
4 Nov 2014, 09:17 AM
Patrion 14

To everyone saying that mortar halftrack doesn't work, I actually feel like I lost most of my snipers to mortars. It's not a hard counter since you'll still have to be lucky, but it already helps that you're pressuring your opponent to pay more attention to his snipers (and less to his other units). Also, you CAN get a scout car out before guards, and at that time Soviets will have absolutely nothing to counter it.

But yeah, well microed snipers are really hard to counter.
4 Nov 2014, 10:41 AM

Its not like you cant vary the build...double conscripts with early at nades will shut down any and all 222 ninja moves, and a half decent player will invest his first munitions into mines anyways. I second your comment about mortars though, they are indeed dangerous, but again, its all RNG and by no means reliable enough to be counted upon.
4 Nov 2014, 12:58 PM

maybe kubelwagen needs instead supression a good damage against infantry and a little speed boost to effectively chase snipers.
4 Nov 2014, 13:16 PM
Patrion 14

^Absolutely disagree. It's damage is fine as it is, it's just not good on the move. But if it got damage on the move as well we'd have a crazy strong and cheap scout car. I like the Kübel design as it is tbh.

Its not like you cant vary the build...double conscripts with early at nades will shut down any and all 222 ninja moves, and a half decent player will invest his first munitions into mines anyways. I second your comment about mortars though, they are indeed dangerous, but again, its all RNG and by no means reliable enough to be counted upon.

If you're opening with snipers then you won't have a lot of conscripts to begin with, and it's not that hard to evade a single conscript. This is really vital to remember when you're facing double snipers. Yes, in the early game it's hard to counter snipers, but snipers is pretty much all he'll have in the early game. Even if all you manage to do is make those snipers retreat, then that's pretty costly because for some time pretty much all of his army will be on the way to the base and back again, giving you the time to take control of the map.

Also, the cost of AT nades when you've got only 1-2 conscripts is hard to justify imo.
4 Nov 2014, 16:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't know if anyone made a distintion but 1v1 and 2v2 are 2 different worlds. Where in 2v2 you can be backed up by maxims and AT guns early on, 1v1 is really a high risk high reward strat.
4 Nov 2014, 17:00 PM

I don't know if anyone made a distintion but 1v1 and 2v2 are 2 different worlds. Where in 2v2 you can be backed up by maxims and AT guns early on, 1v1 is really a high risk high reward strat.

QFT, just like double US inAvCOH was maps like wrecked train where one would go MG AT wall with snipers and other player would go rifles with BARs. Your only counter was nebel or a lucky flank or counter snipe.

Now with SU having super cheap reinforcement cost on support weapons and infantry trying to drain their man power at same rate with your own sniper is foolish plus you are more likely to die with the one man due to RNG mortar than SU.

Bottom line, if the opponents have good micro, you will lose 90% of games vs guards sniper/SU max and Zis spam on narrow maps where flanking avenues are few (Minsk pocket, rails and metal, etx.)
5 Nov 2014, 04:23 AM

Alright, so all of these work. And if you can't seem to beat an opponent using these strategies, its because your opponent is better then you.

The fact is ,all of these don't work well against snipers. Especially in 4v4 game. The teammates can support snipers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
Peru 4
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %