Login

russian armor

Improving Partisan Troops and Irregulars

1 Nov 2014, 18:07 PM

This bugs me a lot. The commanders are lacking in a late game, and while Relic has worked to improve these units, I still think some more changes are needed.

Irregulars have RGD-33, AT nade, and randomly come with a soviet or nazi LMG.

Partisans have molotov, mines, barbed wire, can be spawned from buildings, and randomly come with a whole mess of shit (everything from ppsh to lmg34).

Personally, I'd like to see these two units merged as they are already very similar; additionally (and this is really just more of a pet peeve than anything) doing this would clean up the bulletins, why do we need a partisan +3% accuracy AND and a irregulars 3% accuracy bulletin? Why not merge the units and have one for both commanders?

My thoughts on how to merge these units are as follows:

The "new" unit should have the RGD-33, mines, barbed wire, LMG kit (still randomly soviet/nazi lmg, but no other weapon types) and the ability to spawn from buildings. This means the new unit would lose molotov and AT nades (this isn't a big deal as conscripts already get both, and Partisan Tank hunters get the AT nade as well).

Additionally, I'd like to see them given a demo kit. These guys should be sappers and work behind enemy lines to blow bridges, booby trap points/buildings, etc.

It's not much, but I think they just need a little less randomness. Beyond that, I believe the commanders in general could use a little tweaking, but Relic is pretty firm on never changing a commander once it has been released so this is unlikely.
2 Nov 2014, 13:20 PM

Well the problem is, having a unit which is easy spammable behind the enemy lines with "nazi" or soviet mgs and the great ability to lay demos everywhere might be a little bit bad for the balance. Not because of the mg but because of demos.
2 Nov 2014, 15:42 PM

Increase their accuracy + base health and let them hide in cover...with mines they could do well against the enemy.
2 Nov 2014, 16:35 PM

Increase their accuracy + base health and let them hide in cover...with mines they could do well against the enemy.

They have 80 health per model as any other infantry.
All they need is to stop shooting pea.
2 Nov 2014, 16:41 PM

They have 80 health per model as any other infantry.
All they need is to stop shooting pea.

Ah..thx, didn't know that because I haven't used them in a looong time.
2 Nov 2014, 16:51 PM
Patrion 14

this. increase their price if too effective i don' care. for now, its like paying for an overpriced flies
2 Nov 2014, 17:22 PM

For those unaware, the weapons that Partisans/Irregulars spawn with are dramatically nerfed versions of their legit counterparts. A partisan lmg looks like an Axis lmg and sounds like an Axis lmg, but only does roughly half the damage. Not only is this counter-intuitive, but it's a bit outdated considering the proliferation of super elite nazi infantry that can also pop out of ambient buildings.

I believe Relic has gone on record stating they want to reduce the amount of stat knowledge needed to play; make the game more WYSIWYG. Having visually identical weapons with no in-game mention of one being half the damage does not make for intuitive play. Soviet players would have no problem with them being priced accordingly if they had an impact.
2 Nov 2014, 20:15 PM

I mentioned to replace partisan / irregular replace with new unit sabotage. But Relic not care

http://www.coh2.org/topic/23871/replacing-the-partisans
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment