Login

russian armor

US late game problems..

27 Oct 2014, 21:58 PM

You can lay mines!!!!
Oh, wait US is the only faction that cant do that (except M20 mines).

Just kidding :D

Nothing funny I used to put a lot of mines with Soviets.
27 Oct 2014, 21:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

The officer giving bonuses to paratroopers currently doesn't work ans I don't think it will ever will
See: http://www.coh2.org/topic/25475/usf-officer-bonuses-and-paratroopers/post/231874

27 Oct 2014, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 21:58 PMQmaPL

Nothing funny I used to put a lot of mines with Soviets.

I am not kidding about the mines in general. I am saying that US does not have a good mine. The M20 mine is good but the M20 will dye eventually and the mines from the Rifleman infantry commander are useless (at the moment).
OKW has good mines, Wehrmacht has good mines, Soviets have good mines but US, meh.
27 Oct 2014, 22:12 PM

Is the Majors vet 3 lockdown ability worth risking him for?

My US beginner opinion is that ...

Depends, I use him mostly as a meeting point for my hard working soldiers.
He usually gets his vets so I try to put the Ambulance and Major in the reasonable place.

This way lockdown is used without my intervention later.
But it's hard to find good place. Smaller maps are better for me in this case.

Guys,

Some word about Pathfinders ??

Oh, and some more on Major:
1. Just to be sure, there is no units distance limit for him (to get vets)??
2. What are advantages for other units if he gets vet.
27 Oct 2014, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 17:26 PMQmaPL
You read my mind ...

But the problem is I will not play Axis ...

Lots of posts and nobody told you that this is your only mistake? Want to learn how to beat Axis? Play Axis. You will find pretty soon good players that will show you strategies and build orders you never thought about. Axis is my favourite faction but I play the other two also, especially USF because I like it more. That helped me with some Axis strategies that I used afterwards.
27 Oct 2014, 22:17 PM

The officer giving bonuses to paratroopers currently doesn't work ans I don't think it will ever will
See: http://www.coh2.org/topic/25475/usf-officer-bonuses-and-paratroopers/post/231874

Bad news ... thats's why I wanted to read details somewhere ....

So what is the function of the officers then ???
27 Oct 2014, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 22:13 PMJohnnyB

Lots of posts and nobody told you that this is your only mistake? Want to learn how to beat Axis? Play Axis. You will find pretty soon good players that will show you strategies and build orders you never thought about. Axis is my favourite faction but I play the other two also, especially USF because I like it more. That helped me with some Axis strategies that I used afterwards.

Sure I play Axis but only for getting some details of their tiers, units etc.

Just to learn it. That's obvious.
27 Oct 2014, 22:37 PM

I am not kidding about the mines in general. I am saying that US does not have a good mine. The M20 mine is good but the M20 will dye eventually and the mines from the Rifleman infantry commander are useless (at the moment).
OKW has good mines, Wehrmacht has good mines, Soviets have good mines but US, meh.

The rifleman company mine is great. I don't think you're using it properly; it costs 5 munitions and you should lay down about 10 of them together if you want to DESTROY a tank's engine. That leaves it completely still you know?
27 Oct 2014, 22:41 PM

You can also lay one or two in cover. When you throw a grenade on it it absolutely wrecks infantry.
27 Oct 2014, 22:42 PM

You can also lay one or two in cover. When you throw a grenade on it it absolutely wrecks infantry.

That's interesting.
Vaz
27 Oct 2014, 22:52 PM

I remember cruzz saying captain bonus is .2 armor, not .5

Pathfinders can be used in combat, you just have to watch their range and there must be some sort of short range solution. Either arming them with bar, a thompson para, or bar riflement. Nothing really beats them at long range unless you get really bad rng or it's all open cover. Vet3 pathfinders outrange other infantry(except snipers).
28 Oct 2014, 01:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The rifleman company mine is great. I don't think you're using it properly; it costs 5 munitions and you should lay down about 10 of them together if you want to DESTROY a tank's engine. That leaves it completely still you know?

I think i read somewhere (probably Cruzz :P) that after 3-4 debuff/mines you won't get any other critical and the chance of getting a permanent one is kinda low.
On the other hand, i think they still sink vehicles on ice.

Pathfinders: get them whenever you have some kind of mp advantage early on if not skip them. They are good to crew support weapons since they keep their vision range.
28 Oct 2014, 02:04 AM

Is the Majors vet 3 lockdown ability worth risking him for?
No.
28 Oct 2014, 06:45 AM

You should though be using your major as a capping/harassing unit as well as a mobile retreat that you can potentially have a unit transfer from one side of the map to the other if needed. You'll naturally gain vet if you have him nearby your squads fighting and sometimes I'll give him a Bar 1919 because I sure as hell don't have enough dps as usf. It would be awesome to cut off your opponents territory with a sneaky major lockdown on a strategic point, specially ones that have long strips of territory. I'd like to see if the top players have any replays using this ability
28 Oct 2014, 08:43 AM

You'll naturally gain vet if you have him nearby your squads fighting

The same as with other officers. What does the "nearby" means ??

Pathfinders: They are good to crew support weapons since they keep their vision range.

That's good, didn't know ...
28 Oct 2014, 13:35 PM

My last arguments.

First, they are doctrinal witch means you cant use them all the time. US has 6 commanders and only one has this mines.
Second, lay 10 mines together? Common man, you have to have tons of time and you can not even shift que them.
In comparison to the other faction mines, they are bad.
28 Oct 2014, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2014, 08:43 AMQmaPL

The same as with other officers. What does the "nearby" means ??

To me, "nearby" means I usually finish any of my game with Vet3 Major - or he dies vet2 vet3 on the way. This officer is imo the best of the 3.
I guess you have to make some tries to figure out, on each map, where is the best hole to place it regarding front lines and shock points.

-Barrage and fake barrage are really good last defense stands if you are pushed. Red smokes well placed in a blob path will make your opponent retreat in 80% of cases.
-Retreat point with an ambulance next to it behind your line is just the best way to keep pressurize your opponent and make sure you're not losing ground too fast vs OKW.
-Lockdown comes naturally if you play well.

Tips:
Since the ambulance is a horror to move, you can swap the drivers with RE, and move the medics in the field to heal your squad defending a point and you don't really want to move them right now to heal/resupply
when your Major location become too obvious - MOVE IT!!

28 Oct 2014, 16:37 PM

I asked the "nearby" definition as this word appears around but no one knows what is the distance for "nearby".

What was stated here before is that other two officers just have to be on the field without any distance limit for units they "take care" for.

It seems to me it's not the same with Major. He seems not to get any vet if is not moved out of the main base. So in this case it could be the Major has a "nearby" definition.

It's strange to me, the details we are talking about here, should be very well documented by Relic btw.
28 Oct 2014, 19:36 PM

My last arguments.

First, they are doctrinal witch means you cant use them all the time. US has 6 commanders and only one has this mines.
Second, lay 10 mines together? Common man, you have to have tons of time and you can not even shift que them.
In comparison to the other faction mines, they are bad.

You can definitely shift queue them. It takes 3 seconds per mine to build (including the walking distance to get to the next one). Apparently the chance of vehicle crits do not go up past 3 or 4, as elchino said. That's 12 seconds of building something for 20 munitions to damage/destroy an engine. Right now I would consider that one of USF's overpowered abilities.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2014, 16:37 PMQmaPL
I asked the "nearby" definition as this word appears around but no one knows what is the distance for "nearby".

What was stated here before is that other two officers just have to be on the field without any distance limit for units they "take care" for.

It seems to me it's not the same with Major. He seems not to get any vet if is not moved out of the main base. So in this case it could be the Major has a "nearby" definition.

It's strange to me, the details we are talking about here, should be very well documented by Relic btw.

Lt's and Captains don't gain experience if they are not "nearby." The distance I'd guess would be around equal or less than the range of their vision.
28 Oct 2014, 19:57 PM

Actually 4 USF doctrines have the light AT mines

Infantry- Riflemen Field Defenses (CP2)
Armor- Assault Engineers (CP0)
Mechanized- Assault Engineers from the Half track group (CP3)
Recon Support- Paratrooper Combat Group (CP7) Yes instead of demos these Paratroopers can lay light AT mines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★