Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten and stuff

• This thread is locked
PAGES (28)down
12 Nov 2014, 03:38 AM

I feel like Obers are proof that OKW is a horribly designed faction.

Nerf them, OKW infantry falls on its face in the late game.

Keep them the way they are, OKW takes a dump on everyone.
Vaz
12 Nov 2014, 04:41 AM

Please allow me the opportunity to have a US Ranger squad with Shock Troop's armor equipped with Thompson and wreck Ober's face off! #Fantasy

What your going to get is the armor of conscripts and the accuracy of rear echelons

12 Nov 2014, 05:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 04:41 AMVaz

What your going to get is the armor of conscripts and the accuracy of rear echelons

They don't seem to be rangers but more like city boys. :lol:
12 Nov 2014, 05:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 05:10 AMsteel
They don't seem to be rangers but more like city boys. :lol:

I love the CoH1 rangers.. "OPEN UP AND SAY AH YOU KRAUT BAS*ARDS"
12 Nov 2014, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I sense some moderation incoming...

RescuethreadV2.exe

1- Lethality during early game is PERFECT.

2- Lategame lethality is a bit over the top. This includes several things but let's focus on infantry AI.

3- While upgrades should be meaningful, they shouldn't be OVER the top. This leads either to blobs or spread out A-MOVE army.

4- Going back to Obers specifically, LMG34 is INSANE (see any unit which manage to pick them up). You could make the squad spawn with 2 LMG34 or just 1 and spread the DPS.

5- We could go back into making all LMG stationary. This would affect both Paratroopers and Obers (if you want DPS on the move, go STG or Thompsons).
12 Nov 2014, 08:28 AM

4- Going back to Obers specifically, LMG34 is INSANE (see any unit which manage to pick them up). You could make the squad spawn with 2 LMG34 or just 1 and spread the DPS.

5- We could go back into making all LMG stationary. This would affect both Paratroopers and Obers (if you want DPS on the move, go STG or Thompsons).

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Its utterly retarded that obers and paras run around firing a 26LB!!! LMG From the hip!
They are not John Rambo in First blood pt.2 or John Matrix from Commando!

The SMG should be the on the move option.
And yes yes yes to spreading out the DPS on the squad, One weapon shouldn't be the whole squad's DPS.
12 Nov 2014, 10:13 AM

Remove firing on the move and split the LMG34 damage in half and bit less and give them two of them. Simple as that.
This will slightly make them less strong but still keeps them as their heavy AI role.
12 Nov 2014, 10:31 AM

I think it would be better for debating if we could access freely the stats of every player.

An other game is using this system and it is working. It is World of tank.

The forum account is linked to the game account..
12 Nov 2014, 11:17 AM
Donator 33

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Its utterly retarded that obers and paras run around firing a 26LB!!! LMG From the hip!
They are not John Rambo in First blood pt.2 or John Matrix from Commando!

The SMG should be the on the move option.
And yes yes yes to spreading out the DPS on the squad, One weapon shouldn't be the whole squad's DPS.

now that you said it, Obersoldaten really remind me of Arnold in commando :lol:

http://youtu.be/SNkC_ABia2s?t=2m25s

and
12 Nov 2014, 14:37 PM

1- Lethality during early game is PERFECT.

2- Lategame lethality is a bit over the top. This includes several things but let's focus on infantry AI.

3- While upgrades should be meaningful, they shouldn't be OVER the top. This leads either to blobs or spread out A-MOVE army.

Two words for you, the source of brokenness: Veterancy bonuses
13 Nov 2014, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 11:17 AMATCF

Obers are different... There not shirtless!
13 Nov 2014, 09:19 AM

I said it once and Im going to say it one more time.
Obers should have great damage at close and mid distance while very weak af far range because they don't have bipod.
No one can use LMG efficiently at distance without bipod! If they get bipod and it force them to lay down to shot, Im ok, but if they not, they just cannot have such great DPS at far range, unless they are...

and because of that they have arms of steel and dont need bipod.
13 Nov 2014, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

^They are just aimbotting. Spray and pray and with so much headshots, i'm surprised they haven't been banned yet for hacking.
14 Nov 2014, 04:14 AM

Thing is, OKW don't lack for anti-infantry even without Obers.

Sturmpios are still powerful. They still get a mobile suppression platform. Volks are still very tough with a free grenade. 3 doctrines have powerful elite infantry, and a fourth a cheap MG. The Flak HT is a terror now. They can also easily lock down a sector against infantry with the T4 building. Luchs, when well microed, is really good too. And it's not like these two vehicles are incredibly expensive, a Flacktrack + Puma combo beats anything until the doctrinal mediums/heavies roll out.

When I play OKW, I very rarely get Obers, because I don't need them. Your other core units can very well beat allied infantry; Obers are just the overkill that allows you to effortlessly pound them into dust and force the allied player(s) to get AI vehicles just to counter your 400mp no muni no fuel supersoldiers. That's just stupid design, sorry. At the very least, Obers should need to invest munitions to get their all-powerful MG34, and IMO their LMG should be nerfed at long range along with every other LMG in the game.

And dammit, the lack of medium tanks is no excuse for OKW having superunits. They got the Puma, which any other faction would kill to have. They got shrecks on basic infantry. They got the best turretless TD in the game. They access a Panther far earlier than Ostheer. The faction is designed to work around that weakness; it doesn't need to also have nigh-invincible supersoldiers on top of that. Especially since Obers are not affected by the ressource penalty in any way.

You say "when you play OKW" yet I can't see a single ranked game you have played as OKW on your player card... Single player is very different
14 Nov 2014, 04:39 AM

You say "when you play OKW" yet I can't see a single ranked game you have played as OKW on your player card... Single player is very different

Yeah and most people who play 4vs4 exclusively are total noobs and need 2 L2p. Not referring to anyone specific, just sayin
Vaz
14 Nov 2014, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 11:17 AMATCF

Arnold is German, his dad was likely an Obersoldaten
14 Nov 2014, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2014, 08:30 AMVaz

Arnold is German, his dad was likely an Obersoldaten

What's even more funny is whoever picks up the magical lmg34 becomes a obersoldaten.
Today i managed to pick two lmg34's on a ostruppen squad. At the end of the macth they had over 70 kills, The cover buff and officer buff made it even worse.
14 Nov 2014, 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What's even more funny is whoever picks up the magical lmg34 becomes a obersoldaten.
Today i managed to pick two lmg34's on a ostruppen squad. At the end of the macth they had over 70 kills, The cover buff and officer buff made it even worse.

I once had some Pathfinders with LMG34 and Shreck. It was glorious.
PAGES (28)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS