Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten and stuff

• This thread is locked
PAGES (28)down
26 Oct 2014, 05:55 AM

I believe that relic uses the assault rifle profile for bars.

BAR doesn't fall off as hard as STG-44s, the closest weapon profile wise is the FG-42 I think.
26 Oct 2014, 06:59 AM

BAR doesn't fall off as hard as STG-44s, the closest weapon profile wise is the FG-42 I think.

It might have been in the alpha, but I remember the devs stating that it was considered a assault-rifle profile. Assault rifle profile is good short-medium range which is what the BAR does excell at. It just has a lower drop off rate due to it being a upgrade instead of already on the unit like the STGs. As well as for balance reasons.
It just seems odd because there isn't a large sample of assault rifle profile weapons in the game.
26 Oct 2014, 07:22 AM

I love it when my Shock Troops get an LMG34. They literally melt every infantry (including obers).
26 Oct 2014, 07:59 AM

Obersoldaten really are ridiciluos.

For 400mp, they vastly outperform all other elite infantry in the game.

Including the 385 fallshirmjaegers, 330 manpower + 75 muni gaurds, 340 manpower PG and even airborne barely compete with them.

Soviets are in a forever need of a well-scaling infantry unit.

What's new?

The PPSH used to make conscripts scale well into the lategame- but with the weapons profile, it doesn't anymore. It makes conscripts occasionaly beat LMG grens , but that's about it.
26 Oct 2014, 08:26 AM

Oh look, it's this thread again. Obersoldaten are fine I think since they're supposed to be the best anti-infantry unit in the game, and they're also historically authentic since Germany had the most elite units in WW2. Allied players also tend to overlook the fact that a lot of the times, Shock Troops beat Obersoldatens but let's not use reasoning and logic. Bars for the USF are also getting a major buff in the next patch which effectively turn American infantry into potent infantry, so nerfing the Obersoldatens(OKW's only line of defence against the Russian and American hordes of infantry) isn't a wise move.
26 Oct 2014, 08:30 AM

It does annoy me too that any infantry pretty much stands no chance against Obers. I think Soviets have still easier time dealing with them since you can get relatively cheap tanks or KV8 to shit on them. Hate it when I have to start cheesing M8 Mortars to deal with Obers as US.
26 Oct 2014, 08:33 AM

Bars for the USF are also getting a major buff in the next patch which effectively turn American infantry into potent infantry, so nerfing the Obersoldatens(OKW's only line of defence against the Russian and American hordes of infantry) isn't a wise move.

Atleast in the beta even buffed BARs dont help much. You still have to blob 3 Rifles against a single Obersquad.
26 Oct 2014, 08:34 AM

Oh look, it's this thread again. Obersoldaten are fine I think since they're supposed to be the best anti-infantry unit in the game, and they're also historically authentic since Germany had the most elite units in WW2. Allied players also tend to overlook the fact that a lot of the times, Shock Troops beat Obersoldatens but let's not use reasoning and logic. Bars for the USF are also getting a major buff in the next patch which effectively turn American infantry into potent infantry, so nerfing the Obersoldatens(OKW's only line of defence against the Russian and American hordes of infantry) isn't a wise move.

Oh please. By 1944 (which OKW is based on) all german "elite" soldiers were either dead or maimed and in hospitals. Especially considering that this is based on the battle of the bulge specifically, AFTER Bagration.

There was nothing elite about the german army in 1944. Most were conscripts thrown into the meatgrinder with little training, like everyone else.

If anything, ostheer should have better quality troops since they are based of earlier in the war.

26 Oct 2014, 08:35 AM

and they're also historically authentic since Germany had the most elite units in WW2.

There is absolutely nothing about Obersoldaten that is historically authentic.

There were both American and Soviet Infantry units that were the equal of any German one.

German infantry certainly didn't have the force field generators that vet 3/4 Obers seem to have.
26 Oct 2014, 08:48 AM
Donator 11

So much commie bias.
26 Oct 2014, 09:18 AM
Donator 22

its not only 400 mp, there are teching costs as well :P
26 Oct 2014, 09:23 AM

Id have any faction pay a thousand fuel to be able to blob up the terminator himself - nondoctrinally. :(
26 Oct 2014, 09:29 AM

Teching costs are only a measurements of timing, not units strength directly, unless you're going to take your tech building into combat.

But since its OKW we talk here... :oops:
26 Oct 2014, 09:31 AM

I was thinking that LMGs are very inaccurate weapons at long range unless bipod. Obers dont lay down, so they dont use bipod, so they should not get such DPS at long range, am I right? On the other hand Grenaders have bipod, they lay down so they should get high long-range DPS but they have less than Obers. Hmmm.....
26 Oct 2014, 09:35 AM

I was thinking that LMGs are very inaccurate weapons at long range unless bipod. Obers dont lay down, so they dont use bipod, so they should not get such DPS at long range, am I right? On the other hand Grenaders have bipod, they lay down so they should get high long-range DPS but they have less than Obers. Hmmm.....

Does the lmg34 have to have twice the DPS of an LMG42? LMG42 technological downgrade? The grenadiers feel ripped off with their 60 muni upgrade...
26 Oct 2014, 09:45 AM

Yeah, obers are very expensive. BUT HOW THE HELL PLAYERS DOING 4 OF THEM AND KILLING EVRETING? The only way to stop it, bunkers or tanks. And why mg34 is better then mg42.
26 Oct 2014, 09:53 AM

I did not say that Grens should be better than Obers. I'm just saying that LMGs without bipods are very, very inaccurate guns at long range but still Obers have 25dps at long range while Grens have only 14.
LMGs are heavy so they should loose DPS at close range due to its weight. It's difficult to maneuver with such heavy and long weapon at close range.
At long-range obers shoud have DPS around 7-11. Lack of bipod should be really noticeable. LMGs are very, very inaccurate weapons without that. Everybody knows it, Obers dont have bipods yet their LMGs are best ones. They should be best at 13-23 range.
26 Oct 2014, 10:02 AM

As soon as the okw gets 100% fuel and ammo income and a generalist medium tank i might consider it. until then every single okw units must be superior to the other factions.

Also use a tank vs obers.
26 Oct 2014, 10:24 AM

Posts the above, never played allied MVGame
26 Oct 2014, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2014, 10:02 AMJaigen
As soon as the okw gets 100% fuel and ammo income and a generalist medium tank i might consider it. until then every single okw units must be superior to the other factions.

Also use a tank vs obers.

stats please.
PAGES (28)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment