Login

russian armor

Light vehicle speeds

Vaz
25 Oct 2014, 23:17 PM

I've been looking over some of the stats for light vehicles of ALL factions and I think a change is needed over all the factions. When comparing the speed of light vehicles to medium and heavy armor, there is often times little difference and in some cases the medium and heavy armor is faster.

If I'm not mistaken the absolute worst offender of this is the USF Ambulance. Mediums are faster than it in every regard and the tiger actually accelerates faster than it.

A comparison of other light vehicles also showed similar stats. The panther is able to gain on many light vehicles of all factions. While it's true the panther is a fast and maneuverable tank irl, it's not faster than a lot of these light vehicles. The values on many vehicles for speed need to be re-evaluated I think. Across the board too, allied and axis. Either the heavier vehicles are too fast or the lighter vehicles are too slow. There needs to be a greater speed and acceleration gap between the vehicle classes.
25 Oct 2014, 23:38 PM

SdKfz 222 could reach 80km/h on road.
Panther could reach around 45 km/h on road.
What's SdKfz speed in CoH2? 7.2 and 2.4 acceleration.
What's Panther speed? 6.8 and same acceleration.
What's Panther speed with blitzkrieg?

26 Oct 2014, 00:36 AM

It would be great if light vehicle having COH1 speed, M20 / 222 are definitely too slow comparing to old M8 / 222.
26 Oct 2014, 01:17 AM

Most vehicles seem to have negligible speed differences within their class, theres no real order of speed just -> heavy tank speed, medium tank speed, Jagtiger speed. Light vehicles seem to be as fast as medium tanks as well. Only units that seem to be outliers are the t70 and m10 which are quite quick.

It would be nice to get some personality into this facet of the game
26 Oct 2014, 04:47 AM

Speed differences are small because the game is small. It takes infantry less than 10 seconds to go from "maximum engagement range with a rifle" to "optimal range for an smg", lol. The biggest 4v4 maps would be the only places where your vehicles would have a good opportunity to reach their maximum speeds for more than a very brief moment, if they tried to make it a bit more historical.
26 Oct 2014, 04:54 AM

I definitely would like to increase the speed of light vehicles especially the scout cars but doing it would make it troublesome for infantry. They can't go near to AT nade or panzerfaust the thing anymore if it keeps reversing. They have to wait around the corner to do it. Imagine how significant the sdkfz 222 and the M3 would be. Let's not talk about the kubel....
Vaz
26 Oct 2014, 07:17 AM

There are two things to this topic not just how fast the unit can go:

Max Speed - The fastest speed a unit can reach
Acceleration - the rate at which a unit reaches max speed

In some cases, max speed is already good. The problem is that acceleration is extremely slow. The m3 may not need a max speed change, but it's acceleration may(just an example, I didn't check that unit yet).
26 Oct 2014, 11:55 AM

Vehicle speeds in general are pretty far from their real life values. Vehicles like the Tiger II were actually pretty fast in real life. However, having armored cars buzz around the battlefield at super high speeds gives some serious balancing issues.
27 Oct 2014, 01:08 AM
Patrion 14

i would like light vehicles to be faster but not too fast.
27 Oct 2014, 03:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If it's a matter of comparison, the heavies are too fast. Faster light vehicles would mean it would be too easy to kit with them.
27 Oct 2014, 04:13 AM

Perhaps they could be faster but also die easier?
27 Oct 2014, 09:07 AM
Patrion 28

what? they take one shot to kill instead of two?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★