Login

russian armor

How to farm War Spoils

PAGES (68)down
4 Apr 2016, 12:27 PM

they wont dare to do that. i mean its no proof at all ^^

Also as long as they don't get the email account that is linked on this page I doubt that they would be able to take measures.

not now, but farming without mods and scripts is still possbile, i might go back to that

How do those options look like?
4 Apr 2016, 22:29 PM

Hi Guys,

I have some bad news:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241045/farming-warspoils#latest

It seems Relic have a strong stance on this and disagree with what you are suggesting.
5 Apr 2016, 23:58 PM

Hi Guys,

I have some bad news:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241045/farming-warspoils#latest

It seems Relic have a strong stance on this and disagree with what you are suggesting.

The OP of this thread started that one, and it's already been linked and discussed a bit.

Of course Relic disagrees. Otherwise they would have to admit they made a garbage drop system.
6 Apr 2016, 10:40 AM

At least their message this time was loud and clear. Quit using scripts and mods to farm. I have to say, you guys are blowing it far out of proportions. Most games nowadays ban the usage of third party scripts in their games. For different reasons, obviously (map hacks, aim bots, range checkers for moba games etc..). Get over it, the new system will adress most of the concerns. Even if it will still require some grinding, it will be better all along.
6 Apr 2016, 11:27 AM

I agree with SlaYoU.

I didn´t like this script farming anyways. It´s good enough that they gave us the possibility to get commanders, skins etc. for free. Getting almost everything by being idle went against the purpose of being rewarded for actual playtime and it went against Relics marketing strategy. If you can get any commander if you just run the script long enough, less people are buying them.

I also am against all this pay2win stuff that happens on a regular basis. I don´t like how new commanders tend to be overpowered and Relic tries to make new money this way. Though that is rather a balance issue. But it´s not our matter to decide how they make their money. They can´t live from love alone. So do not act surprised if Relic actually enforces some rules to punish scripting. It is after all the logical consequence.
6 Apr 2016, 18:31 PM

Of course Relic disagrees. Otherwise they would have to admit they made a garbage drop system.

Sharp tongues might add that Relic doesn't need to threaten people with bans to prohibit farming. Their best preventive measure is the instability of their client

I have to say, you guys are blowing it far out of proportions. Most games nowadays ban the usage of third party scripts in their games.

I have to admit I agree with you quite a bit but an open door may tempt a saint. I suspect most people who voice their discontent about this are likely just disappointed that Relic had chosen such a sharp tone to prevent farming when they could have appeared much more cool and reasonable by just fixing the drop and making farming impossible without any threats. Valve reacts that way and it appears much more mature and won't harm but benefit your PR and you can't really blame people for using farming with a drop system as the one we have now.

If the new one is much better I don't see any reason to farm any longer but might possibly invest a bit more money into this game and hopefully a lot of people will start playing again. We'll see.

Yet as we've heard through leaks Relic's new system doesn't prevent farming either. Which sort of explains Relic's tough tone but makes one wonder why Relic just seems to refuse to do their homework. It can't be that hard to find a solution that satisfies both the devs and the playerbase alike. Just eliminate duplicates, set the drops from 3h to 1h while increasing the amount of bulletins in the game and eliminate rewards for playing against AI alike and most people would possibly already be satisfied while farming would be stopped.
6 Apr 2016, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 18:31 PMRetro
... and eliminate rewards for playing against AI alike and most people would possibly already be satisfied while farming would be stopped.
A large part of the playerbase plays primarily, or exclusively against AI. This would definitely NOT satisfy most people.
6 Apr 2016, 22:45 PM

It's hard to imagine for me that anyone - or even a "large part of the community" - would primarily want to play against the AI considering how boring that is but if that's the case so be it.

Then let's see if the new war spoil system is that fair that players will stop farming on their own. I'm pretty sure that some threats in rather hidden forum posts will only have a very limited impact on the current farming situation.
7 Apr 2016, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 10:40 AMSlaYoU
I have to say, you guys are blowing it far out of proportions.

If recent murmurings are even somewhat accurate, I don't think so. This game is over three years old. Relic is worried about wringing every last cent from the player base, by any means necessary, and not much else. Their behavior throughout the life cycle of this game speaks volumes more than anything they say. Expecting them to suddenly do something sensible and consumer-friendly this far in is a total pipe dream.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 22:45 PMRetro
I'm pretty sure that some threats in rather hidden forum posts will only have a very limited impact on the current farming situation.

In what is now a locked thread, at that.
7 Apr 2016, 10:47 AM

If recent murmurings are even somewhat accurate, I don't think so. This game is over three years old. Relic is worried about wringing every last cent from the player base, by any means necessary, and not much else. Their behavior throughout the life cycle of this game speaks volumes more than anything they say. Expecting them to suddenly do something sensible and consumer-friendly this far in is a total pipe dream.

In what is now a locked thread, at that.

Bla bla. Relic is finally (i'll admit it's late) releasing a fix to the war spoils, which should rewards players for actually PLAYING the game, and you bot-farming guys are whining like crybabies because of how unfair this is. I mean seriously, i understand why they locked the other thread, you guys are NEVER happy with what you get, spoiled brats. In case you know, war spoils in the first place weren't even a necessity. They could have just given all WFA and Vanilla bulletins to everyone (x1), and let you buy the rest on the shop for real $$. They have to get revenue for their work you know. The base game is cheap as f**k. But no, it is not enough, the game has to be free to play, AND give everything for free on top of that.
7 Apr 2016, 12:33 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2016, 10:47 AMSlaYoU

Bla bla. Relic is finally (i'll admit it's late) releasing a fix to the war spoils, which should rewards players for actually PLAYING the game, and you bot-farming guys are whining like crybabies because of how unfair this is. I mean seriously, i understand why they locked the other thread, you guys are NEVER happy with what you get,
wowowow, calm down. the other thread was not a discussion about the upcoming war spoils system.
spoiled brats.
edit your post or i will ask a mod to do it
In case you know, war spoils in the first place weren't even a necessity. They could have just given all WFA and Vanilla bulletins to everyone (x1), and let you buy the rest on the shop for real $$. They have to get revenue for their work you know. The base game is cheap as f**k.
i preordered the game for 60 bucks and bought all factions at release. i have spend at least 100 bucks on this game.
But no, it is not enough, the game has to be free to play, AND give everything for free on top of that.

the game is not f2p it was a fullprice game. it not only has a crapload of expensive micro dlcs, but those are also p2w in some cases. if they would only sell skins and stuff, i would not be happy, but it would be okay. instead they are selling p2w commanders at an absurd price, i mean you can easily spend another 300 bucks on this game.
it seems that the people in upper management are very greedy and one can see the dollars blinking in their eyes

7 Apr 2016, 12:50 PM

wowowow, calm down. the other thread was not a discussion about the upcoming war spoils system.edit your post or i will ask a mod to do iti preordered the game for 60 bucks and bought all factions at release. i have spend at least 100 bucks on this game.
the game is not f2p it was a fullprice game. it not only has a crapload of expensive micro dlcs, but those are also p2w in some cases. if they would only sell skins and stuff, i would not be happy, but it would be okay. instead they are selling p2w commanders at an absurd price, i mean you can easily spend another 300 bucks on this game.
it seems that the people in upper management are very greedy and one can see the dollars blinking in their eyes

That's the DLC model for you. Everygame with DLCs today cost a lot more than a full priced game without. I'm sorry dude, i was kind enough to warn you a fair amount of time ahead of this change in Relic politics regarding farming, and only things you gave me was suspicion, distrust, and now whines. Now you know i was right all along. And as i said, it is completely normal from the dev team to ban third party scripts in their game. They should have done so WAY earlier. But you should rejoice, now you will spend your power bill in PLAYING a good game rather than simply collecting your rewards after being AFK for XX hours. And yes, i stand by my opinion that you guys are just spoiled brats. "I want it all, i want it now", lol.
7 Apr 2016, 13:00 PM

In this matter, you all are greedy, Relic and Farmers. Relic adding new content doesn't mean you must absolutely get it, even if it is a paytowin commander you can still play without it. Now Relic offers a chance to get the stuff for free with luck through Warspoil and it is already nice from them, free Warspoil could be only related to less interesting stuff.

Hopefully soon, Relic will release the new warspoil system, be prepare to farm a lot to get the most expensive ones, but at lease the randomness is half removed.
7 Apr 2016, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2016, 10:47 AMSlaYoU

Bla bla

Are you by chance a Relic Developer in disguise? You seem to take this whole discussion about "criticizing Relic" or "farming warspoils" very personal considering how often you refer to insults to make your point.

For all we know Relic might already work on Coh3 by now which's appearance would turn the whole, rather expensive investment in commanders and skins (400€+ for the whole content - #greed) for a lot of people pretty quickly null and void. Which was only one reason that made me wonder why after 3 long years Relic finally decided to overhaul their drop system from hell and in the wake of it throw ban threats around for a game that old that a lot of people might not even care about it (or getting banned) anymore. Just in order to squeeze the last few Euros out of it.

I know your and Kyle_Re's stance of "code of conduct" and "other games ban "cheaters" too" and I'm not without sympathy for Relic but what's morally wrong and right is a whole different issue of what's wrong and right by law. Which is why banning is a stupid idea. With bans for farming Relic would only enter a world of unnecessary trouble because if people really decide to take action against those decisions this would cost Relic much more time, money and reputation as if it would have cost them in the first place to invest into a proper working warspoil system which simply prohibits farming - without any ban threats.

Regarding the moral issue: If you implement a drop system that is largely a farce because your ability to get a commander in a reasonable amount of time via playing is next to zero then you don't have to wonder if people start looking for ways for farming to be able to play the game on the same competetive level (with those P2W commanders) as the ones who are buying them.

So to add something actually constructive: Another suggestion of mine would be to adapt a Valve-inspired drop system that reduces the amount of time for drops (maybe one per 40mins/a match) but limits the amount of drops one can receive per week to ~8. Another (additional) option would be to eliminate commanders entirely from the drops or make them very rare (5-10% chance) but also make them craftable by duplicates/unwanted bulletins and most of all stop them to be overpowered. Because the P2W accusation mostly came from the fact that new, rare commanders tended to be OP in order to boost sales. And that's the difference to Valve's business model which is superior in every way despite having cosmetic items that are even more expensive.
TF2 - a 9 year old game - a few patches ago started a balancing offensive that rebalances all items in the game so none is better or worse than the other and just offer interesting alternatives to gameplay. I would hope for the same to balance commanders so rare ones are in no way better than uncommon or common ones but just offer a different gameplay and some interesting, new units for some varity and style (Jagdpanther anyone?). If this would happen (and if the commanders would be reasonably priced) I'd be the first one to buy all commanders ingame after those actions would have taken place.
7 Apr 2016, 15:06 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2016, 12:50 PMSlaYoU

That's the DLC model for you. Everygame with DLCs today cost a lot more than a full priced game without.
there are still a lot of games with evry good dlc policies (take witcher 3, i loved this game and bought/will buy everything). people often ciritsze how ridiculously overpriced battlefielöd premium is, but its not p2w and it gives actual content like new maps, while the dlc dommanders do not and still they are a lot more expensive
I'm sorry dude, i was kind enough to warn you a fair amount of time ahead of this change in Relic politics regarding farming, and only things you gave me was suspicion, distrust, and now whines.
i asked you for proof, imo its not unreasonable to do that, isnt it? as soo as you provided that, i trusted you with it
Now you know i was right all along. And as i said, it is completely normal from the dev team to ban third party scripts in their game. They should have done so WAY earlier. But you should rejoice, now you will spend your power bill in PLAYING a good game
good game? its good from time to time, but by far not as good as it could have been
rather than simply collecting your rewards after being AFK for XX hours. And yes, i stand by my opinion that you guys are just spoiled brats. "I want it all, i want it now", lol.

i dont want everything now and free, i want a fair system. i have spent my fair amount of money on games like League of Legends just for skins, because it is a FAIR system, not a ridiculous p2w system where you have to invest a lot of money for a FULLPRICE GAME. so do not call me a spoiled brat

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2016, 13:00 PMEsxile

In this matter, you all are greedy, Relic and Farmers. Relic adding new content doesn't mean you must absolutely get it, even if it is a paytowin commander you can still play without it.

as i wrote above, i would not see a reason to farm if the system is fair. i think greed is about wanting something that you dont have the moral right to have. one could now argue that selling OP p2w commander is morally right, but im pretty sure most people would agree its not (see angry joes review of this game: oh wow, cool game. WTF MICRODLCs. a lot of people whined about the dlcs in assassins creed, while this game has A LOT MORE.

on a sidenote: when i preordered this game there was no sign of such a ridiculous dlc system

7 Apr 2016, 15:29 PM

No more empty talking here, have fun. And no i'm not working for Relic. I'm just tired of greedy people. What i infer from all your posts combined (Retro and scratched): you farmed the hell out of this game. Now bid daddy steps in and says it is not allowed anymore. You are unhappy, for X reasons (and most of them are ridiculous, having paid 100€ for this game doesn't entitle you to exploit the shit out of it). Now get over it. New system is coming, and should fix most issues (oh and SURPRISE, that's the exact moment the devs decide to restrict farming in their game, does it mean that farming is useless from now on ? go figure out).

I'm calling you a spoiled brat scratched, because you only take into account what you COULD get ON TOP of what you already have (== greed), rather than look at the number of hours you spent on this game. For me, any game that cost me less than 1€ / hour is a decent investment. I'm sitting at 2200 hours and still counting, and time spent on world builder / coh mod tools are not taken into it. Now i'm done with you, i should have just refrained from warning you, would have saved a lot of my time when i see the result (and yeah, you and a bunch of other guys would have taken a ban, don't thank me).
7 Apr 2016, 15:57 PM
Patrion 14

Guys, watch your tone please. A couple of posts scratch on the surface of being invis'ed.
7 Apr 2016, 16:23 PM

Anything that goes against the interests of the consumer is a bad thing.
7 Apr 2016, 17:44 PM

Im goin off-topic here but its kinda not off topic bcus this is about a commander. Urban assault doctrine. (war spoil)?! Have a look at this replay if you have some spare time. Cheers.

Urban Assault Doctrine
7 Apr 2016, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2016, 15:29 PMSlaYoU
What i infer from all your posts combined (Retro and scratched): you farmed the hell out of this game. Now bid daddy steps in and says it is not allowed anymore.

You assume way too much. I recently just started with farming despite owning Coh2 for years now and as someone who payed huge amounts of money for games I really want to support (Star Citizen cough cough) am not anyone who "wants everything for free". But I admit I would have started farming way earlier if I had known about this because this sad excuse of a drop reward model always frustrated me and already once indirectly drove me away from the game for quite a long time.

Actually this is a discussion happening in a lot of F2P games where many developers are complaining that people "want everything for free" while a lot of paying customers are complaining that developers only see them as cash cows to be milked the last cent out of them for a service that is not worth the price. There are always at least two point of views involved and a good game to me is one, where those two extremes meet in the middle - a fair game. Fair to the customers and developers alike. With Coh2 my estimation so far would be that the tendency goes somewhat into the "developers milking the game" direction which in return reduces the willingness of customers to spend money for additional content and look for other ways to bypass a system they regard as unjust.

When you break it down it is really about PR. Good games which are reasonably priced, with fair systems, as few P2W as possible and where the community feels like the devs deserve their money because they treat the community right and give them what they ask for will get their money. Of course the more hyped such games are the more they can demand. With games where the developers greed shines through by making clear that milking the cash cow comes first and then comes customer satisfaction or where monetarization decisions are even hurting the quality of a product (most striking example: EA) the relations from the customerbase to the developers will deteriorate and peoples regard it as a justification to get greedy themselves and bypass their business models with methods like farming etc.

So this is not a clear case of greedy customers here. The problem lies in customer dissatisfaction.

You are unhappy, for X reasons (and most of them are ridiculous, having paid 100€ for this game doesn't entitle you to exploit the shit out of it).

Judging by your immature attitude we're likely way older than you and thus have experienced a gaming standard where paying 50 euros has established itself as the norm. A price you had to pay ONCE to get a triple A title game with it's full functions and where major content updates where for free. Everything else was regarded as pure greed - by the developer. Now the world has changed and capitalism rules more than ever before but don't blame us for still judging a games worth by this rule of thumb. I think we can all agree that wanting to experience all additional commanders isn't worth the price they ask for it. If the drop system wouldn't be such a farce and the prices more reasonable on a level where you'd say "yes, that's fair compared by the amount of work they had to invest in it" I would already own every commander in the game - by payment, not by farming.

New system is coming, and should fix most issues (oh and SURPRISE, that's the exact moment the devs decide to restrict farming in their game, does it mean that farming is useless from now on ? go figure out).

You're wrong. They decided to restrict farming way ahead the new system. I will continue to farm until the new system is out. If it can convince me of it's qualities I'll stop immediately. Yet since this is still a matter of the future and Relic likes to take their time for the time we still have to endure the old unjust system I will continue to farm. Manually if it has to be to not break any "rules".
PAGES (68)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS