Login

russian armor

New Map (6-8) Vielsam

16 Oct 2014, 19:37 PM
Patrion 15

The pre built minefield is interesting, but the AI have no idea that it's there apparently.
16 Oct 2014, 19:43 PM

I had an idea for a pre-build minefield once, but in the OOB area. On-map, well that's interesting.

How is the minefield set up to trigger on both armies? My guess is mines belonging to each team in the same spot?
16 Oct 2014, 19:52 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I hope they patch in the correct name of the town, which is Vielsalm. They have it correct on the trailer vid. :/
16 Oct 2014, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 16:05 PMNinjaWJ
I haven't played it yet, but I will probably tonight. Judging from the map layout though, what is the point of putting the middle vp where it is? There are no real objectives of value around it!

Yep, just like Hill but now with deep snow instead of mud.
17 Oct 2014, 05:18 AM
Donator 22

I love losing all my squads upon retreating through mine fields...

Obviously you were not playing Soviet as they don't allow retreat....:p
17 Oct 2014, 06:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 16:03 PMNapalm
Shame. Another map that will be completely ruined by the JT.

By JT .... and by ISU152 not?
17 Oct 2014, 09:20 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I played a game on this map w/ 7 AI buddies.

I guess the AI can't read big skull and crossbone signs.

All 7 of those bastards proceeded to swiftly suicide all of their squads on the minefields.

COH2 comedy gold.

:clap:
17 Oct 2014, 09:58 AM
Benefactor 115

I hope they patch in the correct name of the town, which is Vielsalm. They have it correct on the trailer vid. :/

Trois Pont should also be renamed to Trois Ponts because right now the translation is "Three Bridge" also the town in Belgium is called Trois-Ponts
17 Oct 2014, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 15:29 PMRomeo
well I guess it makes more sense in a 3v3 or 4v4 map. Geared toward the casual audience.

what do you mean casual audience, you mean playing 1v1 implies you are more involved?
17 Oct 2014, 10:18 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that its cool that there are new maps?
New features like build in mines are a cool thing, it brings something new to the table.
I really hope that they havnt put the blizzards in it though...
nee
17 Oct 2014, 11:07 AM

I like the map, but can someone PLEASE make a version with more res rate and popcap? it is a very large map and the vanilla restrictions makes for very small spotty battles.
17 Oct 2014, 11:40 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

There are no blizzards on either of the new maps. They're similar to Semoskiy Winter in that regard. They do have patches of deep snow here and there.
17 Oct 2014, 11:47 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Am I the only one who thinks that its cool that there are new maps?
New features like build in mines are a cool thing, it brings something new to the table.
I really hope that they havnt put the blizzards in it though...

Totally agree with that
17 Oct 2014, 22:25 PM

I dont like this map. It puts OKW you in a privileged position. Why? Just build med truck, make retreat point and gg. Allies need to go back to the base and attack again. It's like 2mins with reinforce. By this time OKW can get nice advantage and get ready for attack or even stand close to med truck and reinforce all the time.
17 Oct 2014, 23:12 PM

I dont like this map. It puts OKW you in a privileged position. Why? Just build med truck, make retreat point and gg. Allies need to go back to the base and attack again. It's like 2mins with reinforce. By this time OKW can get nice advantage and get ready for attack or even stand close to med truck and reinforce all the time.

But that is in like every 4v4 map
18 Oct 2014, 07:55 AM

Major, Ambulance? Soviet Halftrack to reinforce? Allies are so privileged, have mobile reinforcement and retreat point units!
18 Oct 2014, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 23:12 PMNinjaWJ

+1 :D

18 Oct 2014, 08:23 AM

From my first impression this map is worse than hill. Not only mines punish aggressive play (ofc, not to okw with their forward hq), flanking and capping on enemy part of the map, but they also delay vp drain by protecting middle vp. Also city side is total campfest which will be won by german mortars, stuka and forward retreat hq behind building. And don't forget lovely deep snow on every flank.

Good thing relic removed hill from 4v4, so now i can ban this map.
18 Oct 2014, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 23:12 PMNinjaWJ

Technically it is, but on other maps it's hard to set up med truck very close to fuel points.
For example Steppes. It's easy to use ZiS if you build it on island or in middle fuel point.
Or La Gleize. Build med truck near fuels points and they will be destroyed really fast.
This map is different. Many, many building to hide med truck so close to strategic points.
Enough to say when I was shooting at OST mortar it could get reinforcement while shooting when I had to reatreat to base.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2014, 07:55 AMgokkel
Major, Ambulance? Soviet Halftrack to reinforce? Allies are so privileged, have mobile reinforcement and retreat point units!

Since when Major appears at the same time as med truck? Same thing for halftruck.
18 Oct 2014, 10:01 AM

Since when Major appears at the same time as med truck? Same thing for halftruck.

It doesn't if OKW goes for Medic truck first, but most people go for the repair truck first anyway because the Medic Truck doesn't offer very useful units (leIG is not bad, but it won't help you deal with the most problematic enemy strategies). And you still have the ambulance early available.

I am just annoyed people constantly complain about really any feature that OKW have. Even if it is not an exclusive feature as I wanted to point out so it is not really a big privilege, but now suddenly the issue is that OKW gets it apparently earlier. Maybe we should "check your privilege" then? Like Allies having actually a machine gun that is worth putting into a building and OKW has to rush for a Stuka to even be able to deal with it because they don't get a proper building counter before that, whereas Soviets don't even have to worry much about countering buildings because German machine guns will just endlessly spin around in the buildings?

People will never stop complaining until the factions are absolutely identical. But then we will complain that the game is boring.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★