Login

russian armor

OKW Teching

13 Oct 2014, 10:50 AM

Permanently Banned

Likewise you can counter a Kübel by going t3 and in that case you can counter also the puma that follows it.

So.. i have to tech to t3. TO COUNTER A T1 UNIT! KUBEL IS BROKEN! KUBEL IS BROKEN! KUBEL IS BROKEN! KUBEL IS FREAKING BROOKKKENNN!!!!!

t3 to counter puma? This is very difficult.. Stuart has a hard time getting in range to stun and coordinate ATG or captain to kill puma.

not to mention. the Stuart come out LATER then then the puma. but the time a usf player gets t3 id be setting up my t4. They then cant counter my elite infantry. Then wat? Back tech to t2? NO NO NO. by that time my panther would be in production to follow up on my elite infantry.

dont u DARE try to compare paras to obers. U wont even have them if u dont choose the right commander. Also they get rekt once obers reach vet 2

Whats next? do u need a jackson and p47 strafe to counter puma?
13 Oct 2014, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 07:46 AMJaigen

Are you fucking kidding me? you are saying that an unit should have no counters when it arrives completely able to rampage in your lines with impunity. I think you are the one not thinking straight here.

Oh yes try to beat the m20 or even better the flak track with the raketten or shrek thats fun stuff and a good way of losing the game.

No, I'm not saying that. But there should be a window of opportunity. And the M20 is easily killed by raketen + schreck combo. If not killed, it's ability to "rampage" is severely hindered. For the flak HT you have the puma. And schrecks + raketen in buildings.

Oh, btw the Puma also makes soviet T3 totally useless since puma + schrecks counter it perfectly before you even have the T3 building up. Don't even really need raketen,they help of course.

Puma + schrecks also counter the Stuart before it's on the field. So if you choose captain against OKW, your only effective way is the AT guns to deal with armor. But going captain instead of major delays your own tanks a lot. So there are basically only bad choices against the OKW as the USF, and the puma isn't too bad (in combo with the schreck blobs again) against USF tanks either.
13 Oct 2014, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 07:46 AMJaigen

Are you fucking kidding me? you are saying that an unit should have no counters when it arrives completely able to rampage in your lines with impunity. I think you are the one not thinking straight here.

I see you finally admitted to nerf kubel, which is a unit that have no counter when it arrives against USF and is able to rampage in USF lines with impunity, forcing all infantry back to base.

The description matches Kubel well, now apply your straight thinking to axis unit, if you are able to.
13 Oct 2014, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 11:26 AMKatitof

I see you finally admitted to nerf kubel, which is a unit that have no counter when it arrives against USF and is able to rampage in USF lines with impunity, forcing all infantry back to base.

The description matches Kubel well, now apply your straight thinking to axis unit, if you are able to.

lets ignore the fact that the m20 is bulletproof with 11 armor and even if you stick units into a garrison it will still win.

Does it force the usf player on the defensive? yes it does.
13 Oct 2014, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 10:53 AMTNrg

No, I'm not saying that. But there should be a window of opportunity. And the M20 is easily killed by raketen + schreck combo. If not killed, it's ability to "rampage" is severely hindered. For the flak HT you have the puma. And schrecks + raketen in buildings.

Oh, btw the Puma also makes soviet T3 totally useless since puma + schrecks counter it perfectly before you even have the T3 building up. Don't even really need raketen,they help of course.

Puma + schrecks also counter the Stuart before it's on the field. So if you choose captain against OKW, your only effective way is the AT guns to deal with armor. But going captain instead of major delays your own tanks a lot. So there are basically only bad choices against the OKW as the USF, and the puma isn't too bad (in combo with the schreck blobs again) against USF tanks either.

Wtf is wrong with you people are seriously expecting units should have no counters when it arrives. both the t-34 and the stuart can kill a puma when properly used.
13 Oct 2014, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 11:50 AMJaigen

Wtf is wrong with you people are seriously expecting units should have no counters when it arrives. both the t-34 and the stuart can kill a puma when properly used.

Like I said, there should be a window of opportunity. Would you make a scout car or kubel when there's an ISU-152 already on the field? Get my point now?

13 Oct 2014, 12:03 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 11:47 AMJaigen

m20 is bulletproof with 11 armor a

Either u dont play. or ur lying :guyokay:
13 Oct 2014, 12:10 PM

lets ignore the fact that the m20 is bulletproof with 11 armor and even if you stick units into a garrison it will still win.

Does it force the usf player on the defensive? yes it does.

Lets also ignore the fact that OKW have mines, pshrecks on default infantry, hard AT vehicles arriving at the same time as M20 and "at gun" at T0.

You seem to love ignoring facts.

And guess what? Kubel will also win against all garrisoned units except ever so useful USF HMG.
13 Oct 2014, 12:11 PM

So.. i have to tech to t3. TO COUNTER A T1 UNIT! KUBEL IS BROKEN! KUBEL IS BROKEN! KUBEL IS BROKEN! KUBEL IS FREAKING BROOKKKENNN!!!!!

t3 to counter puma? This is very difficult.. Stuart has a hard time getting in range to stun and coordinate ATG or captain to kill puma.

not to mention. the Stuart come out LATER then then the puma. but the time a usf player gets t3 id be setting up my t4. They then cant counter my elite infantry. Then wat? Back tech to t2? NO NO NO. by that time my panther would be in production to follow up on my elite infantry.

dont u DARE try to compare paras to obers. U wont even have them if u dont choose the right commander. Also they get rekt once obers reach vet 2

Whats next? do u need a jackson and p47 strafe to counter puma?

Listen kid, no t0 units are supposed to hard counter each other. For hard counters you need teching.
Soft counters to Kübels are smoke grenades or at nades. This works well on every map except for Minsk pocket.

I was speaking of at guns that counter a puma. For a hard counter you need the t4 Jackson. That's how coh2 works for all factions.

Paratroopers are not better than obersoldaten, my writing was just to show you that fanboy spout sounds always the same, you just need to exchange the units.
13 Oct 2014, 12:14 PM

I was speaking of at guns that counter a puma. For a hard counter you need the t4 Jackson. That's how coh2 works for all factions.

With OKW being an exception to the rule :P
13 Oct 2014, 12:16 PM

I'd like to see how the M20 wins against a schrecked volks squad in a building o_O
13 Oct 2014, 12:20 PM

Permanently Banned

Listen kid, no t0 units are supposed to hard counter each other. For hard counters you need teching.
Soft counters to Kübels are smoke grenades or at nades. This works well on every map except for Minsk pocket.

Paratroopers are not better than obersoldaten, my writing was just to show you that fanboy spout sounds always the same, you just need to exchange the units.

Units dont perform the same. so ur point is invalid. Smoke is useless on kubel. Nades? REALLY?!?!
13 Oct 2014, 12:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

pwnage machine's excellent post getting ignored as usual.
In my playtime I found you typically have 1 minute of "free reign" to hunt the kubel when there is 1 schrek, after that the puma hits the field. You should have enough munitions to get armored skirts (a must) and to plant 1 atmine.
THe trick to bait into a corner and get the bazooka crew out ive seen performed but ive never really succeeded with it.

Bazookas need better accuracy, im okay with their bad penetration and damage but they should have at least one redeeming feature over the schrek for 60 munitions. Ok i think they reload faster but still :P
13 Oct 2014, 12:25 PM

Units dont perform the same. so ur point is invalid. Smoke is useless on kubel. Nades? REALLY?!?!

Also a direct AT-gun hit on the kubel doesn't kill it if it's at 100 % HP. Also in Siberian's stream (I think it was his stream, might have been someone else's but it doesn't really matter) I saw an ISU-152 shell land right next to the damn kubel and it survived with 5 %. That is beyond absurd.

What comes to Pwnagemachine's post, I agree and seems like everyone else does too because there aren't any comments against it.
13 Oct 2014, 12:49 PM

Units dont perform the same. so ur point is invalid.

You need to elaborate here more. This is not age of empires 2.
Grens also don't loose just by 15 % to Rifles as their price would indicate. This game has no mirrored factions, obviously units don't perform the same.

Smoke is useless on kubel. Nades? REALLY?!?!

It's useless in your hands.
13 Oct 2014, 13:03 PM

Grens also don't loose just by 15 % to Rifles as their price would indicate.

Grens actually win rifles in a 1v1 fight at range, point blank rifles wipe the floor with grens. Usually it's the flanks and blobs of rifles that are hard to deal with as wehrmacht. On most maps it's easy to set up a 3 or 4 directional flank.
13 Oct 2014, 13:07 PM

I like the basic structure of OKW tech, but I think the issue is that they are afforded a bit too much flexibility. Whichever truck you put down first, you have the tools to counter whatever an opponent throws at you. Even if you go Medic Truck you have Schrecks and the Raketenwerfer for AT, and if you go Mech Truck you have Sturmpioneers for healing and both AI and AT vehicles. The availability of doctrinal elite infantry for OKW means you will never lack for that either.

Compare this to US teching structure. LT has no proper AT unit (only soft counters), and the Captain doesn't offer much of a way to counter elite infantry (both Stuart and Pack Howie are bad buys IMO). This is why airborne is practically the only viable strat at the moment: it covers this weakness. The issue of Kubel into Puma is a particular case that exploits the US's dodgy tech.

I like the idea of branching tech, but this needs to come with appropriate weaknesses and tradeoffs. Currently, this isn't the case for OKW.
13 Oct 2014, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 12:25 PMTNrg

Also in Siberian's stream (I think it was his stream, might have been someone else's but it doesn't really matter) I saw an ISU-152 shell land right next to the damn kubel and it survived with 5 %. That is beyond absurd.

Must be this game.
13 Oct 2014, 13:15 PM

I like the basic structure of OKW tech, but I think the issue is that they are afforded a bit too much flexibility. Whichever truck you put down first, you have the tools to counter whatever an opponent throws at you. Even if you go Medic Truck you have Schrecks and the Raketenwerfer for AT, and if you go Mech Truck you have Sturmpioneers for healing and both AI and AT vehicles. The availability of doctrinal elite infantry for OKW means you will never lack for that either.

Compare this to US teching structure. LT has no proper AT unit (only soft counters), and the Captain doesn't offer much of a way to counter elite infantry (both Stuart and Pack Howie are bad buys IMO). This is why airborne is practically the only viable strat at the moment: it covers this weakness. The issue of Kubel into Puma is a particular case that exploits the US's dodgy tech.

I like the idea of branching tech, but this needs to come with appropriate weaknesses and tradeoffs. Currently, this isn't the case for OKW.

Exactly. At least move schrecks to a spesific tech building. Move jagdpanzer to T4. From the very first OKW game I found the idea of having jagdpanzer in the first tier weird. Luchs and puma could be in T3. Just some quick ideas.
13 Oct 2014, 13:48 PM

Permanently Banned

It's useless in your hands.

I forget. when i use smoke on kubel. it will just sit there and let me flank it.

OH WAIT..... :facepalm:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS