Spray paint can & gray cover

10 Oct 2014, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 18:38 PMRomeo
This is just plain false.

Explain.
10 Oct 2014, 18:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

yellow dots mean light cover. No cover has no dots at all.
10 Oct 2014, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 18:43 PMRomeo
yellow dots mean light cover. No cover has no dots at all.
This is correct. No cover brings up no markers. Yellow only comes up if you are mousing over medium cover, but almost everything in this game is medium cover so I could see how he could get that mixed up.

This change would allow players to view how their squad will set up even if there is no cover. Perhaps reducing the chance that players will clump up their squads.
10 Oct 2014, 20:23 PM

This is correct. No cover brings up no markers. Yellow only comes up if you are mousing over medium cover, but almost everything in this game is medium cover so I could see how he could get that mixed up.

Pretty much this, I was thinking of yellow dots in fields when I wrote up the examples, forgetting that light cover applied to a lot more than fences and wagons.

This change would allow players to view how their squad will set up even if there is no cover. Perhaps reducing the chance that players will clump up their squads.

Squad clumping is a natural thing in CoH2, and there isn't really anything you can do to avoid it except that weird bug that makes squads spread out to extreme distances. In CoH2, it's not uncommon to see even 6 man squads occupying the same 3 square meters of space.
10 Oct 2014, 20:47 PM

I'm interested in seeing what this is. I wonder if the Spraypaint will just be an Avatar of sorts? It'll be more war spoils and DLC content you can unlock, would probably make sense considering it's a 'Tag' like a spraypaint 'tag'?

I like the grey dots for neutral cover though.
10 Oct 2014, 23:42 PM

Been thinking about and no how much I want Dunkelgrau tanks I don't think it would be accurate. To my knowledge german tanks used Dunkelgelb on their tanks 1942 onwards, plus what would allies get? Their tanks are green, green and green.

Thinking about it, I would rather stripe colour or even unit insignia, I think Ostheer tanks have bears on them. So it would be fun to change them around.

Edit:
Or maybe it is to change camo colour, I.E. Use four colour disruptive and change the colours on it... A person can dream.
11 Oct 2014, 00:25 AM

its also possible that the grey dots are developer/debug mode thing and they just accidently left it on, and in the final patch theyll be removed again.
11 Oct 2014, 00:29 AM

Did anyone thought this might be "paint" for the observer mode. Where you can draw just like sport commentators, like little arrows, circles etc...

11 Oct 2014, 00:44 AM
Patrion 14

What if I told you that you shouldn't focus on the dots
11 Oct 2014, 01:53 AM

What if I told you that you shouldn't focus on the dots
Sounds like sneaky was right, eh?
its also possible that the grey dots are developer/debug mode thing and they just accidently left it on, and in the final patch theyll be removed again.
15 Oct 2014, 10:46 AM

There were a lot of rumors about DoWIII customizability and that there are going to be countless ways to costumize your army. I think (and hope) they are testing it in CoH2.
16 Oct 2014, 06:00 AM

I'm fine as long as they don't ruin the aesthetics. We don't need hot pink Panzer IV's with veiny penis decals.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★