Login

russian armor

Question about some maps.

10 Oct 2014, 06:42 AM

1.Rzhev Winter: It would be a good map if it didn't so heavily favor the south.

2.Minsk Pocket: Generally boring as it too often devolves into a camp fest in the middle.

3.Crossing in the Woods: Too small. It should be a 1v1 map only.

4.Ettelbruck Station: Surprisingly fun but the eastern border of the map needs to be extended to allow more maneuvering around the eastern VP.

5.Hurtgen Forest: There is nothing good about this map. The forest destroys light vehicle pathing, it devolves into two 1v1s, and the river crossing heavily favors the south.

6.Road to Kharkov: Too small. It should be a 1v1 map only.

7.Vaux Farmlands: The gold standard of what 2v2 maps should be.

8.Semoskiy Summer: The narrow choke points and limited avenues of attack into the town make turn it into another campfest.

9.Semoskiy Winter: An excellent map. The ice opens up a number of new ways to attack key parts of the map and the fuel points are further from the bases. It would be even better if the north fuel cutoff was a little closer to the eastern base.

10.Trois Ponts: I can't decide if I love or hate this map. The city is incredibly difficult to take back once lost but the western part of the map offers a lot of flanking and even base attack opportunities.
10 Oct 2014, 07:04 AM

My favorite game mode for sure, here's my opinions:

1.Rzhev Winter - Recently one of my veto. I just think it's a bit big for 2vs2, for 3vs3 it's perfect IMO.
2.Minsk Pocket - One of alltime veto's. Nothing more to add that hasn't been said already. It all boils down to the middle and horrible camp fest there usually.
3.Crossing in the Woods - I think it's decent. However JT is really crazy on this map. If Axis's have a little upper hand, that beast can be just parked somewhere mid and it will shoot through the forest all the way to the other base.
4.Ettelbruck Station - Horrible, always veto this map.
5.Hurtgen Forest - Again, one of the classic vetos. It is just the best camp map there is.
6.Road to Kharkov - A bit too crowded, maybe this map could be stretched a bit? ( :D )
7.Vaux Farmlands - Fun map, good looking and generally best 2vs2 map there is.
8.Semoskiy Summer - I like this map but it would need a small fixes. I'm surprised that nothing has happened to this map yet.
9.Semoskiy Winter - Also one of the best 2vs2 maps there is. Really fun and I would select this anytime.
10.Trois Ponts - Last of my recent vetos. Really axis favored (IMO). Kubel & Sturms are just crazy early game in this one.

May I just add that get rid of these fixed positions?
10 Oct 2014, 07:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 07:04 AMFlamee
My favorite game mode for sure, here's my opinions:

1.Rzhev Winter - Recently one of my veto. I just think it's a bit big for 2vs2, for 3vs3 it's perfect IMO.
2.Minsk Pocket - One of alltime veto's. Nothing more to add that hasn't been said already. It all boils down to the middle and horrible camp fest there usually.
3.Crossing in the Woods - I think it's decent. However JT is really crazy on this map. If Axis's have a little upper hand, that beast can be just parked somewhere mid and it will shoot through the forest all the way to the other base.
4.Ettelbruck Station - Horrible, always veto this map.
5.Hurtgen Forest - Again, one of the classic vetos. It is just the best camp map there is.
6.Road to Kharkov - A bit too crowded, maybe this map could be stretched a bit? ( :D )
7.Vaux Farmlands - Fun map, good looking and generally best 2vs2 map there is.
8.Semoskiy Summer - I like this map but it would need a small fixes. I'm surprised that nothing has happened to this map yet.
9.Semoskiy Winter - Also one of the best 2vs2 maps there is. Really fun and I would select this anytime.
10.Trois Ponts - Last of my recent vetos. Really axis favored (IMO). Kubel & Sturms are just crazy early game in this one.

May I just add that get rid of these fixed positions?

So you veto

All time
-Minsk Pocket
-Ettelbruck Station
-Hurtgen Forest

Sometimes
-Trois Ponts
-Rzhev Winter

Do you occasionally swap vetos or something? Only 4 available after all.
10 Oct 2014, 08:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Meta: you don't veto Hurtgen Forest expecting others to do the same :P
10 Oct 2014, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 07:46 AMsteel

So you veto

All time
-Minsk Pocket
-Ettelbruck Station
-Hurtgen Forest

Sometimes
-Trois Ponts
-Rzhev Winter

Do you occasionally swap vetos or something? Only 4 available after all.

Yes I do actually, sometimes I play Trois Ponts if I'm playing Axis :D . And if I feel like having a new map in rotation then I might play Rzhev Winter.
10 Oct 2014, 23:55 PM
Patrion 14

Meta: you don't veto Hurtgen Forest expecting others to do the same :P

that's what i thought. then i got hurtgen forest...

map vetoes in this game is like sophie's choice
11 Oct 2014, 00:07 AM

Before WFA and the new maps, I'd always have 3v3 and 4v4 enabled just because I could have more vetoes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
United States 2
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak