Login

russian armor

Faceoff at Rostov.

Should Rostov be removed from the 3v3/4v4 pool?
Option Distribution Votes
70%
30%
Total votes: 61
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Oct 2014, 13:29 PM

This map seems really unbalanced IMO.
4 Oct 2014, 13:55 PM
Patrion 14

yessssssss
4 Oct 2014, 14:47 PM

Yes it is really unfair to the side that starts over the other side with less land. Also Kubelwagon magnifies this as it can race to the top bridge and supress anyone trying to get fuel.
4 Oct 2014, 15:02 PM

It is a great map IMO but it should only be redesigned, not removed. North side is very unbalanced.

I see a lot of noobs don't know how to play on this map. Usually one player goes to the VP island and fortifies it, leaving it a 3v4 fight in the town and they still wonder how the fuck they lost in the end:facepalm:. Best way is to have the guy closest to the island send one squad there and see if he can take it, otherwise send everything else to the town.
4 Oct 2014, 15:23 PM

otherwise send everything else to the town.

Did you miss the Kubel part?
4 Oct 2014, 15:34 PM

Did you miss the Kubel part?

You mean now with fixed starting locations so Axis always spawn in the south? Yeah, I've sent my Kubelwagon to the top fuel a few times. :snfBarton:
4 Oct 2014, 15:40 PM

Yeah the map is fun, but horribly unbalanced. Also there is no point in sending every unit to the town because a smart Axis will just back cap all your stuff
4 Oct 2014, 15:43 PM

Yea, it sucks that in one side you get the by crossing open ground fuel while the other side you need to cross a narrow bridge that can easily be blocked off or destroyed.

Put the fuel on the other side of the bridge and make the water that's between the bridges shallow or have no ice at all so tanks and infantry don't instantly die.
4 Oct 2014, 15:47 PM

Yea, it sucks that in one side you get the by crossing open ground fuel while the other side you need to cross a narrow bridge that can easily be blocked off or destroyed.

Put the fuel on the other side of the bridge and make the water that's between the bridges shallow or have no ice at all so tanks and infantry don't instantly die.

Exactly. Couple that with the fact that all of those choke points are so closely grouped together it makes easy work to cover all of them. Take the map out of the pool until its revised. I've begun to feel guilty winning on it because I know how crummy it is to be on the other side.
4 Oct 2014, 15:56 PM

Doesn't the Northern side enter the city slower as well? You have to go through narrow bridges, or water that slows you down. I always see the Axis player getting to the Northern fuel/ VP faster than Allies.
4 Oct 2014, 15:58 PM

I just dropped when I saw it loading up and vetoed it as often as possible... Awful map...
4 Oct 2014, 16:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It was ok when spawning side was random

Now that the Soviets always get the North it's not fair

To be ok it needs redesign or fix the spawning

To be great it needs both
4 Oct 2014, 17:02 PM

Yeah the map is fun, but horribly unbalanced. Also there is no point in sending every unit to the town because a smart Axis will just back cap all your stuff

Oh dear I'm going to show you a few tricks on this map. :megusta:

But yeah, holding the town is really difficult from the north. On the other hand, it is easier to defend your artillery pieces on the north bank. But as we all know, when the late game comes, there are no bridges or ice left on the map.
4 Oct 2014, 17:03 PM
Donator 33

It seems like it has the potential to be the best map in the game, but it definitely needs an insightful map designer to go over it (without being too heavy handed). It's true the north gets screwed once they're pushed out of the town, but it also works the other way, just not as severely. Also the island should have great midgame flanking potential given the layout of the map, but the risk of the ice means that most people are ignoring this option currently.

The Kubel is basically just magnifying long-standing issues.
4 Oct 2014, 17:54 PM

Kill it with fire.
4 Oct 2014, 18:52 PM

I love this map, its one of my favourites. But I agree its heavily unbalanced and favours the south, and with the recent patch that fixed the starting positions, it has to change to become viable.

4 Oct 2014, 20:52 PM

Actually I kinda like this map, my favourite while playing as Soviet. In addition I love starting on the island side (north whatever) where you have to cross bridges to get to main land.
Soviet Forward HQ really shines on this map, same goes for B4 artillery and Shock Troops. But I guess that's just me :)
4 Oct 2014, 21:33 PM

Whoever wins the initial fights in the city is at a massive advantage over the other team considering there are basically no other contested resources to fight over

Its a terrible design Basically a 1 choke point map
5 Oct 2014, 11:28 AM

an awful map, boring and predictable
7 Oct 2014, 21:14 PM

Actually I kinda like this map, my favourite while playing as Soviet. In addition I love starting on the island side (north whatever) where you have to cross bridges to get to main land.
Soviet Forward HQ really shines on this map, same goes for B4 artillery and Shock Troops. But I guess that's just me :)

You're not wrong. Forward HQ on this map absolutely shines. Until the stuka destroys it in one hit. With the close density of buildings it's pretty easy to take out the FWDHQ and another building, limiting your options for a new HQ. And then of course when you get another, it dies within minutes to the stuka again.

It's pretty obvious the stuka needs nerfed, but I'd be almost happy with it just being unable to 1 shot 95% of buildings in the game.

Also, pretty funny of Relic to lump Allies with the North side of the map, at any given time if you're searching 3v3 or 4v4, it's 75%+ searching as Axis, at least give us the good side of the map as some sort of reward for actually giving the kubel and stuka lovers targets to mow down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★