Login

russian armor

RELIC: how about an update_news_something

PAGES (9)down
2 Oct 2014, 15:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Goodbye COH2 online, we will be remember You. GG WP Relic

and they are always excited about the future!

:D Good one!
Benefactor 115

dont know, Relic designs their games via committee so it's hard to say who is crucial and who is not but just do your own research and check the names between all the credits.

When you think about the people that used to work at Relic the only ones that get mentioned are Jay Wilson for Diablo 3 being terrible and Josh Mosquera for fixing Diablo 3 :P
2 Oct 2014, 15:52 PM

They design via committee? I think the Yesman theory fits well with that.

There's no one with a level head making the shots then and a bunch of yesmen and women following along with some dumbass's good sounding but poorly thought out ideas
2 Oct 2014, 15:53 PM

dont know, Relic designs their games via committee so it's hard to say who is crucial and who is not but just do your own research and check the names between all the credits.

When you think about the people that used to work at Relic the only ones that get mentioned are Jay Wilson for Diablo 3 being terrible and Josh Mosquera for fixing Diablo 3 :P

I tired searching for the credits several times, but for some reason Google never provided a useful link. Do you have any source?
2 Oct 2014, 15:58 PM
Donator 22

maybe they are focusing on ardennes assault :sealed:
2 Oct 2014, 16:05 PM

What don't we petition Sega to bring awareness to the other people getting screwed by Relic?
2 Oct 2014, 17:06 PM

I had also heard that the death of Brian Wood badly affected the quality. But I wasn't here at the time.
2 Oct 2014, 17:32 PM

Focusing on single player ala, they don't care.
2 Oct 2014, 18:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Nope, John Johnson (Producer), Drew Dunlop (Programmer) and Angie Pytlewski ( Artist) are the three people who left for smoking gun. http://www.smokingguninc.com/about/

Slightly understated, surely? Angie Radwan-Pytlewski was the lead artist, no? The lady who lent her name to buildings on Sturzdorf and Wrecked Train? Drew Dunlop was the Lead Programmer

They had 9 in the Balance team.........

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/company-of-heroes/credits

If you then take the defection of Josh Mosquiera, the lead team was effectively neutered

2 Oct 2014, 18:29 PM

u ask news from relic ? sweet jesus, com on ...dont be aggressive with this guys MVGame :trollover9000:
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 2 Oct 2014, 18:53 PM

there are so many issues at present...bugs...balance...war spoils...obs...commanders...etc

how about some news on the following ?

OBS mode
maxim retreat bug (re-setting up loop)
retreat bug (in general) (units just standing there with the retreat symbol over their head)
vehicles forgetting commands (just stopping)
maxim facing wrong way
random faction selection when automatching (which should have been done AGES ago)
shadow setting in graphics options
some NEW WFA commanders
war spoils being made useful and adding value to the game
being able to MOD the game

did i miss anything ?

silence is only causing people to leave, not stay.
coh2 will flop as an esport, if no one wants to play a buggie mess.
it is time to stop being so tight lipped and start talking to the community, and actually listening to us (not just SAYING you are).

Sorry you feel that we're not communicating enough. We're putting our focus and our efforts into addressing balance issues, bugs and adding new features. We do a weekly Twitch cast that typically focuses on balance changes (last week's and this week's are an exception) and we have a Q&A portion.

We are working on single player content, but as most people involved in the community know we continue to have a team dedicated to balance and multiplayer features. We've been very active in releasing updates, and while I'm sure there are are a variety of views on whether those balance changes have improved the game overall, it's hard to say that they're not happening and that there's not work being done.

We did 5 balance focused updates last month. There's very clearly work being done and it's being driven by player feedback.

Observer Mode is being tested by key members of the casting community. They're under NDA and can't talk about it but we're getting their feedback and will be rolling it out as quickly as possible once we're satisfied with the mode.

While we definitely read COH2.ORG and value the contributions people make here, our focus in communicating is generally going to be on our own forums. We'll pop in here once and awhile but are focused on working on the game itself.

Don't worry though your feedback is being seen by the team!
2 Oct 2014, 19:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Thanks for your reply Noun!

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 18:53 PMNoun
Sorry you feel that we're not communicating enough. We're putting our focus and our efforts into addressing balance issues, bugs and adding new features. We do a weekly Twitch cast that typically focuses on balance changes (last week's and this week's are an exception) and we have a Q&A portion.

Sorry but your weekly casts are almost comically poorly done. To be completely honest, I think they make things much worse. Why subject yourselves to this embarassment? The Q&A portion is also a joke. You never respond to any real questions with anything other than empty non-answers.

We are working on single player content, but as most people involved in the community know we continue to have a team dedicated to balance and multiplayer features. We've been very active in releasing updates, and while I'm sure there are are a variety of views on whether those balance changes have improved the game overall, it's hard to say that they're not happening and that there's not work being done.

We did 5 balance focused updates last month. There's very clearly work being done and it's being driven by player feedback.

Yes the frequency of patches has been very good! But why every patch also introduces new bugs, has incorrect patch notes, undocumented changes, and often also makes the balance worse? Nobody is saying the updates are not frequent enough, just that they are bad.

Observer Mode is being tested by key members of the casting community. They're under NDA and can't talk about it but we're getting their feedback and will be rolling it out as quickly as possible once we're satisfied with the mode.

We know that. Looking forward to it!

While we definitely read COH2.ORG and value the contributions people make here, our focus in communicating is generally going to be on our own forums. We'll pop in here once and awhile but are focused on working on the game itself.

Don't worry though your feedback is being seen by the team!

Noun I think you are well aware that nobody care which website relic use to communicate. If you post some announcement on official forums it will show up here 30 seconds later, guaranteed. People want hard information about what is being done anywhere, anywhere at all.

I want you to know that I know it's not your fault you can't tell us more. I'm sure you really want to! I hope you can convince somebody there to rethink the community interaction policy though. I think Brad's recent incident has made everyone at relic afraid of the community. Like letting anyone talk to the fans about anything ever could blow up in their face? Well maybe that is part the community's fault too. I hope things will improve soon.
2 Oct 2014, 19:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

"We're working on it" does not quell my concerns. The work that has been done created bugs and threw balance around the blender. What reason do we have to believe things will get better when recent history shows Relic actions have made things worse?

2 Oct 2014, 19:06 PM

Thanks for that reply, bro.

Im freaking excited about Obs mode!! :D
2 Oct 2014, 19:07 PM
Benefactor 115

My post was mostly in jest because if anyone from Relic bothers to respond to this thread that's the most they will say or the ever ominous "We're committed to improving Company of Heroes 2."

^_^
2 Oct 2014, 19:07 PM

Wanted to write a word on two in replay to Noun, but I will just +1 Romeo here.
Harsher then I would have written, but spot on.

No frequency of patches or the amount of communication is the issue here, but the quality of them.
2 Oct 2014, 19:09 PM

Joke response, joke patches, joke "commitment".

Your Q&A sessions do nothing, have the standard of a common twitch streamer and provide literally 0 insight into any matter being discussed. It's more of a talk show where you get to hear yourself going around in a circle.

Your communication as a studio has been non-existent, we're still waiting on ANY news or updates from any channels available.

Your "5" patches may as well have been 0 because all they managed to do was throw the game into further disarray, introduce more bugs (which required hotfixes to fix bugs introduced by a previous hotfix, which in turn introduced another unforeseen bug). Balance is awful, illogical and performance of the game has been disgraceful since WFA launched.

You have no dedicated team to working on multi player as you have expended all your available resources and priorities on working on the AA expansion pack, please don't try and damage control. If you DO have a team, I am quite frankly appalled by how hard it is to look at a few lines of code and actively fix bugs (I am not even talking about balancing anything here, fix the game breaking bugs which have only increased in numbers since the expansion pack).

The multiplayer has been neglected and shat on because priorities, despite hyping ESL and the partnership with OBS mode (which we don't even know about due to the draconian NDA system), are clearly in the wrong places.

Don't even get me started about the bitterness a lot of players have from the DCE fiasco and the old DLC systems.

2 Oct 2014, 19:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

:S
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L