Login

russian armor

Game leavers

22 Sep 2014, 23:11 PM

- edit -

Just to clarify, this is not actually the opening post - the opening post got invised.

Personally, I'm not a fan of people who leave games all the time, but it wouldn't really occur to me to go and actively complain about it since it's just a part of human nature/the terribleness of random 2v2s.

I feel your frustration but naming and shaming isn't the way to go, dude. :( It's a little vigilante.

Talking about leaving is worthwhile, maybe, if kept anonymous.

Let me share an experience about a guy who left me.

We were 25 minutes into a this pretty solid 2v2 together. He was playing Mechanized Assault Doctrine, I was using Luftwaffe. Things were great. I felt like we didn't talk about doctrine and build order choices enough, but nobody's perfect, right?

I noticed things were a little off when I realized he was only building assault grenadiers. He had five at one point.

We got pushed off the field hard because only I had Pgrens, PAKs, halftracks, things like that. I think he was just spamming Agrens and waiting for a Tiger.

He dropped once we started getting crushed and said "next time build tanks" before leaving!

It just felt so unfair. If he told me he wanted to tech skip and rely on call-ins I wouldn't have liked it, sure, but at least I'd have known about it, and I could have supported him by rushing faster for a P4 or whatever.

/feels

22 Sep 2014, 23:42 PM

Penalty for leaving the game indeed very needed. Not sure how exactly it should be implemented though.
23 Sep 2014, 00:00 AM

Not a good idea. It suckz, but forcing someone to stay in a game by giving a penalty for leaving, is not the way to fix it.

You have to beat that one at the origin, untill it gets beaten by relic. Team up and avoid the random dude, cause people are people. There are supposed to be persons beeing able to take it, im not one of them. So random team games are gamble if its gonna be fun or, sadly the opposite. I do feel you.

For as far as i can think of in terms of relic beating it, only direction i see would be to ease up and promote tactical teamplay.

Having a bar with the teammates units to check up. Beeing able to right click your buildorder so it gets visual in the same bar thingy. Add a feature that allows to propose to draw a attack plan on tactical map. If other player accepts he can see it. If its only dicks and tits you can hide it again.

Important i think is the ease part, since it should work without much explanation in rando mode.

And maybe, just maybe allow to veto a player in the own team. Propably only if it was not won.

And maybe throwing the meta in the face of the dudes in random mode. Use ur data, make it a flavor of the patch buildorder hitlist with the 3 most commonly used buildorders/combinations for the game mode.
23 Sep 2014, 00:31 AM

Given that the game isn't always completely stable, and that people can have internet connectivity issues on occasion through no real fault of their own, I feel that simply not getting time on your warspoils drop is as much of a penalty as should exist.
23 Sep 2014, 00:37 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Today I made someon drop because I raped his early with a Kübel... I wasn't even mad
23 Sep 2014, 00:51 AM

Not a good idea. It suckz, but forcing someone to stay in a game by giving a penalty for leaving, is not the way to fix it.

So you suggest that you should be able to pick games where you are winning?
"I've lost first engagement - screw that game! I'd better start another one and try again."

You're spoiling the game for your teammates!

There are surrender voting option in case if you don't want to play.
23 Sep 2014, 00:52 AM

Players can't leave their games? REALLY?
23 Sep 2014, 01:04 AM

In all honesty, CoH2 has gotten so frustrating at some points that if it's turning into another exercise of being crushed by sturmpios or volks spam then I will have no problem leaving to play something less aggravating. There's not enough time in the day to waste being forced to sit through an hour of something which just isn't fun when you could do something else. I really don't care enough about the rest of the game to care if I leave. Life's too short, my game time is limitted and I'd rather spend it having a good time than a bad one.
Thanks
23 Sep 2014, 01:04 AM

Leaving may be appropriate in some cases, actually. What if you are in a 2v2 and your ally is trolling or teamkilling you? Should you get hit with a penalty for not sitting through the entire game of them barraging your base with mortars?
23 Sep 2014, 01:12 AM

Penalizing players for leaving is the wrong way to go. Being forced to play a game you don't want to play is just infuriating, more so then people leaving.

What needs to be done is incentivising players to stay is a way better way to go about it. Which is what war spoils is meant to do. Wait for them to be fixed and things will get better, but relic will never FORCE players to play.
23 Sep 2014, 01:26 AM

What if you are in a 2v2 and your ally is trolling or teamkilling you?

And if you are penalised for leaving then that problem will only be exacerbated.
23 Sep 2014, 01:48 AM

Please take this issue up with Relic regarding specific names or accounts.
23 Sep 2014, 04:05 AM

I think both is bad: forcing to play a losing game and getting penalized for leaving when the game is lost. There has to be a middle ground where you can safely leave the game
23 Sep 2014, 04:27 AM

I don't have any problem with people leaving the game.
Forcing players to play when they don't want will only make that they will avoid CoH2 and play anything else.

If I play a game and my random teammate starts making 5 fuel caches without making any troops then I leave.
If I can't tell my partner strategy and he doesn't even speak english, I leave too.
If I consider that the game is lost and my teammate doesn't want surrender, I leave.
Etc.

Why should I be forced to play a game that I don't like or enjoy?
23 Sep 2014, 04:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 04:27 AMGreeb
I don't have any problem with people leaving the game.
Forcing players to play when they don't want will only make that they will avoid CoH2 and play anything else.

If I play a game and my random teammate starts making 5 fuel caches without making any troops then I leave.
If I can't tell my partner strategy and he doesn't even speak english, I leave too.
If I consider that the game is lost and my teammate doesn't want surrender, I leave.
Etc.

Why should I be forced to play a game that I don't like or enjoy?

Of course it feels terrible to play a lost game. I would just leave as well. However, I think players can "abuse" this mindset. People leave after losing the first engagement, losing vp, fuel, etc. I seen players leave for the smallest of things. I think there's a fine line between leaving because there is no more hope, and fighting it out
23 Sep 2014, 05:21 AM

Given that the game isn't always completely stable, and that people can have internet connectivity issues on occasion through no real fault of their own, I feel that simply not getting time on your warspoils drop is as much of a penalty as should exist.

im pretty sure that this is already the case. its just not a very good deterrant because war spoils have a high combinationof very unlikely to drop period and if one does, its very likely to just give you another faceplate that you already have that its not really a motivation for anything.

If theres a specific commander or bulliten you want its incredibly unlikely you will ever actually get it.
23 Sep 2014, 05:51 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 00:52 AMPorygon
Players can't leave their games? REALLY?

this..

and seems it is a pure noob level you are playing on, Troy. Spamming only AG is instant loss. PRobably he was OstruppenCOmmando? MVGame

Anway dont complain about ppl leaving.
23 Sep 2014, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 05:51 AMakosi

this..

and seems it is a pure noob level you are playing on, Troy. Spamming only AG is instant loss. PRobably he was OstruppenCOmmando? MVGame

Anway dont complain about ppl leaving.

Noob level? Kinda true ... however that guy was playing way worse than 95% of the people I get as opponents or teammates. Weird crap like that just happens in random 2v2s.

Just to clarify, I'm not actually the OP, and I don't actually care that much if people leave ... the opening post got invised.
23 Sep 2014, 12:52 PM

Well, it isn't competitive MOBA e-sport game with leagues and stuff, I don't see why leavers should be punished, it might be annoying for people playing random, but you can't fight it in RTS really.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★