Login

russian armor

OKW has too much Ammo

23 Sep 2014, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 08:47 AMJohnnyB

LOL, verry wrong. You assume that some players lost their reason just because they like OKW. I can search for my posts related to Pershing and post them here to prove you that I have nothing against USF getting the Pershing and even non-doctrinal too.
Related to paying for LMGs or such I disagree though. Remember in most of the games OKW needs to trade amo for fuel and, in addition, cannot build caches and augment their amo income, like all other factions can.

Exactly, i'm all in for a Pershing added to the game, yet i wouldn't like an ammo nerf for Oberkommando. It would simply kill lots of options in an otherwise interesting faction. Let's try to fix the problems in Allied factions rather than kill what is enjoyable and succesful in the Axis ones.

If kubel is OP (gives Oberkommando too much early game presence) and must be nerfed, so be it. But being able to purchase upgrades and use units' abilities is something that must stay in the game (maybe adjust some costs that are now somewhat OP because of the new ammo rate, that i agree with).
23 Sep 2014, 09:23 AM

Who cares, OKW needs a Ammo adjustment in a way on another. Like for other factions, Unit upgrade decisions must cost something else than ammo.

I decide to upgrade Shreck, my late elite troops will not have their super weapons
I decide to save for my super late elite troops weapons, I have to deal with less AT force.

It's how it works for all other factions. Why not OKW?
23 Sep 2014, 09:25 AM

OKW ammo income is fine. What exactly makes you think otherwise?

OKW design. Axis fanboys say this word all the time when usf are the subject but when it comes to OKW design has no matter cause okw needs (is okw plural or singular?) 100% ammo.
23 Sep 2014, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 07:31 AMJohnnyB

Oh, that bulletin :). Never got it.
But, anyways, I don't get Relic math: Pzgrens are getting 2 schrecks for 120 amo and volks are getting one schreck for 90 amo.

Now some people will say: exactly!! Make Pzgrens schrecks cost 180 amo! :lolol:

Don't forget Volks also pay for cold immunity
23 Sep 2014, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 06:53 AMSierra
Panzershreks cost 90 munitions each, 85 if you have the 5% off bulletin.

That bulletin stacks :D I have two so schreks now cost me 81 each :D
23 Sep 2014, 09:33 AM

OKW design. Axis fanboys say this word all the time when usf are the subject but when it comes to OKW design has no matter cause okw needs (is okw plural or singular?) 100% ammo.

You seem to totaly ignore the fact that OKW cannot build caches and boost its amo income LIKE OTHER FACTIONS DO. Geez, why everytime I say that everybody seems to ignore it. Caches are important and are definetly a handicap for OKW. And don't give me that conversion thing. That depends on build order (if I start with T2, conversion will begin much later because it's from T3). Further, for building a cache you don't have an income penalty. For conversion, you do.
23 Sep 2014, 09:34 AM

You are definitely right, let's bash a whole faction with zero concrete argument other than 'their fanboys are too mean, so i'll be a douche myself too'. You dare claim that people that do not want to see a Pershing added are the same that do not want to see an ammo nerf, and ignore the 2 persons who reply to you right after with reasonable arguments. Good job, you are a perfect troll.
23 Sep 2014, 09:34 AM

If it was up to the majority here OKW would have 33% income across the board, and that's the truth.
23 Sep 2014, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 09:34 AMSlaYoU

You are definitely right, let's bash a whole faction with zero concrete argument other than 'their fanboys are too mean, so i'll be a douche myself too'. You dare claim that people that do not want to see a Pershing added are the same that do not want to see an ammo nerf, and ignore the 2 persons who reply to you right after with reasonable arguments. Good job, you are a perfect troll.

Cause Im using mobile phone and cannot respond to everything when I do not have PC in front of me.
23 Sep 2014, 09:40 AM

Cause Im using mobile phone and cannot respond to everything.

I used my iPhone typing the sole reasoning reply in this ocean of bullcrap. :/

Ah ok. You know I don't give a damn about "fanboys" I mainly care about a balanced game.

Since I can't spot any balance issues with OKW having 100% ammo income, I thinks this whole discussion is obsolete.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 09:34 AMHitman5
If it was up to the majority here OKW would have 33% income across the board, and that's the truth.

:lolol: Let's do that. Seriously. I am curious how shitty will OKW look. It will be the super lolz.
23 Sep 2014, 09:58 AM

I agree, the schreckspam is too easy.
23 Sep 2014, 10:02 AM

That has little to do with the ammo income. Equiping Volks with Pshrecks is always top priority, without they won't scale lategame so reducing the ammo income might only delay Shrecks a little.
23 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM

OKW can keep thier ammo income. but make mg's on tanks cost the same for every faction.

Make obers and falls have to pay for thier lmg's Flare arty and other offmaps need to be adjusted as well.

But u cant possibly defend the fact that okw can field obers, and falls without having to pay for thier lmg's.

I cant wait to see the day when a player must pay 120 munitions to get the lmg's for thier instant spawning falls. (im being generous with this price, due to the fact that they get 4)

Those Fallschirmjaeger are outfitted with FG-42's not LMG's... it's a Fallschirmjaegergewehr, a lightweight battle rifle specifically designed for the Fallschirmjaeger to paradrop in with because prior to its creation, they were outfitted with SMG's and Kar-98k's that were too heavy to drop with without risk of injury and so had to be dropped separately in a weapons crate with a parachute. This led to the Fallschirmjaeger being very vulnerable upon touchdown seeing as they were only outfitted with their pistols, grenades, and knives up until they could reach the weapons crates.

So they are rightfully equipped with the fully automatic battle rifle that was designed for them as elite troops. Additionally they cost 440mp and are THE most expensive infantry manpower wise in the game. Obersoldaten costing 400mp and 200mp + 80 fuel for their building prior, which brings them in around mid-late game due to their expensive price-tag, making them well suited to having an LMG-34.

Besides, whether or not they are designed this way, the Obersoldaten look very much like Waffen-SS troops. I know they cannot implicitly depict them as Waffen-SS, but their camouflage patterns are very similar.

23 Sep 2014, 10:09 AM

It's not like Bazooka spam is any better, considering you have blobs of 4-6 rifleman squads outfitted with double bazookas or double BAR's or Double M1919's killing everything in their path.
23 Sep 2014, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 10:09 AMSierra

It's not like Bazooka spam is any better...

120dmg vs 80dmg
You need a truck (?) vs Requires teching, mp and fuel
You can start the upgrade on any territory including enemy (not like any other upgrade from any faction) vs pulling them from base rak
170± pen vs 120± pen

It has been discussed that Bars are one of the most UP upgrades on the game (G43 on PGs are worst)

Ontopic:
100% income is fine. There are some abilities that needs their price "normalized" on in par with other factions abilities.
23 Sep 2014, 10:39 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 10:09 AMSierra

It's not like Bazooka spam is any better, considering you have blobs of 4-6 rifleman squads outfitted with double bazookas or double BAR's or Double M1919's killing everything in their path.

Volks primary role is tanking damage. Trading a rifle for a schrek doesn't really impact their ability to preform that role. Okw has plenty of other infantry options if they want infantry that deal the hurt. They also still have a weapon slot free in case they find some battlefield goodies.

Rifle squads in contrast are the primary (and only non doctrinal) fighting unit for the USF. They need to deal more damage than they take. 1 bazooka doesn't do much, but it's like tickling light vehicles and forget about hurting things with actual armor/health. 2 bazookas approximates 1 panzerschreck, but the comination of less penetration, heavier axis armor, and taking out 2/5ths of your primary fighting infantries' damage potential is a huge cost.

It also costs 480 munitions to outfit 4 rifle squads and 360 to outfit 4 volks despite panzerschrecks being superior in every way.
23 Sep 2014, 10:46 AM

JohnnyB I did not mention You anywhere, just said I have feeling like this forum is Axis' forum.
Ok, let's put it this way.
No caches. In 4v4 in does not matter. In 1v1 you will not build any in most cases.
So where to put all ammo? In schrecks. That means you will probably have a lot of free ammo because there are no other upgrades for inf. Obers and Falls are already equipped. This leads us to grenades spam everywhere.
You do not need to hesitate between AT or AI upgrade and all ammo go for off-map and grenades.

How about Soviets? You need to consider which way to go. If you go for Guards and DP-28 you will probably give up ZiS barrage. If you go for schocks and use their grenades, you will not use barrage or mines. Choice is yours. Taking one thing prevetns you from taking another.

Ost? Here is a real problem. You have to chose if you want lmg or upgraded sdkfz, or maybe flametruck or schrecks. You cannot afford everything.

USF are the same. If you go for M20 and At mines, you will delay AI upgrades. If you go for bazooka, the same thing will happen.

All these decisions are crucial in first few mins.

OKW does not have such problems. Just upgrade Volks and rest spend for anything.

SlaYoU, I will not even respond to You since You called me a troll. Next time check someone's posts or something before you judge.
23 Sep 2014, 11:04 AM

I think people are looking at this from the wrong angle. It isn't that OKW are getting too much ammunition (I thought at 1 point they were), it's that they don't pay for a lot of their infantry based heavy weapons.
Besides the panzershrek the only muni cost OKW have is for mines/sweepers/grenades/off map arty etc. Think about it, no upgrade cost for Obers, Fallschirm, JLI etc. Imagine if you could get doctrinal M1919s as USF without needing to pay 70 muni a pop, but instead it cost 120 MP. Rifles would be spamming grenades and there would be a lot more anti-tank mines from m20 around.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 17
United Kingdom 42
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W