Login

russian armor

Airdropped Combat Group Cost Problem

22 Sep 2014, 16:12 PM

Currently the recon support commander Airdropped Combat Group comes at cp7, costs 900mp, and provides 2 paratroop units with random weapon upgrades + 1 unmanned at gun. This is a great deal but the cost in absolute terms is too high. It's very hard to use this callin because saving 900mp is hard and then spending it all on infantry doesn't make sense late in the game.

I think relic should consider reducing the cost to something like 550 and in turn take out one of the two paratroop squads. At 550mp its affordable enough and does not cause problems with floating mp.
22 Sep 2014, 16:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yeah, I think it should drop with a crew too so you arent basically limited to droppping it in your base
22 Sep 2014, 16:21 PM

I agree that this should be looked at. I would love to use this commander more but I feel like late game 900 mp on USF is hard to come by. If they reduced the cost and gave 1 less squad I think I would use this commander much more.
22 Sep 2014, 17:07 PM

In addition to the manpower requirements, i believe the Paratroopers should get 4 thompsons or 2 lmgs, to at least make it more worth while.

As for the cost i think its more an issue with all the airbourne call ins, paradropping is not very effective stratetically right now but you still have to pay a manpower premium just like popping out of buildings which is far more effective.

If there was no premium would these abilities be Overpowered? In fact in Coh 1 the OMCG didn't seem too strong when it was underpriced where as on this airdrop you save virtually no manpower
22 Sep 2014, 17:15 PM

AFAIK that the gun is uncrewed is a bug.
22 Sep 2014, 17:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

it would be nice if dropping in the field were actually useful. Airborne Assault fallschrimjaeger drop almost instantly AND under cover of a strafe. If USF troops dropped this fast maybe dropping in combat would be more appealing.
22 Sep 2014, 18:05 PM

The AT gun is coming in a box. Is it confirmed somewhere that it being unmanned is a bug? Also like Hon3ynuts said the paratroopers that are being dropped do come with only 3 thompsons or 1 LMG but do come with 2 bazookas if that is the random weapon. Sure its nice to get some upgrades included but they would be much more appealing if they came with the full amount. At least give the option to upgrade to the full amount. Mainly the 2nd LMG is what you want.
22 Sep 2014, 18:11 PM

Maybe a price of around 600, manned AT-Gun, just one Para but with free unlockable upgrade of your choosing or 120 Mun if the former is to complicated to code?
22 Sep 2014, 18:12 PM

The AT gun is coming in a box. Is it confirmed somewhere that it being unmanned is a bug? Also like Hon3ynuts said the paratroopers that are being dropped do come with only 3 thompsons or 1 LMG but do come with 2 bazookas if that is the random weapon. Sure its nice to get some upgrades included but they would be much more appealing if they came with the full amount. At least give the option to upgrade to the full amount. Mainly the 2nd LMG is what you want.

Yes I too would like to know if the AT comes unmanned because of a bug?

So you get:

1 lmg instead of 2, that is 50% less dps (that explains why they can't stand against vet0 obers)
3 thompson instead of 4, that is 25% less dps
2 bazoka, that is 100% dps.

So you can get between 120 to 240 ammo woth of upgrades. I think its a good deal but as you say its bad that you dont get the option to upgrade the second lmg.
23 Sep 2014, 06:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 16:12 PMAbdul

Currently the recon support commander Airdropped Combat Group comes at cp7, costs 900mp, and provides 2 paratroop units with random weapon upgrades + 1 unmanned at gun. This is a great deal but the cost in absolute terms is too high. It's very hard to use this callin because saving 900mp is hard and then spending it all on infantry doesn't make sense late in the game.

I think relic should consider reducing the cost to something like 550 and in turn take out one of the two paratroop squads. At 550mp its affordable enough and does not cause problems with floating mp.

Luftwaffe Ground Forces drops a single Fallschirmjaeger Squad for 250 munitions.... with some low-damage fighter straffes that suppress but that's besides the point.
23 Sep 2014, 07:34 AM

Well I kinda' think that paradrops for USF should come with crewed weapons, not just empty guns so you have to crew them. That's kinda stupid. At least, that was how they were dropped in vCOH (the AT gun).
23 Sep 2014, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 06:54 AMSierra

Luftwaffe Ground Forces drops a single Fallschirmjaeger Squad for 250 munitions.... with some low-damage fighter straffes that suppress but that's besides the point.

It's actually quite high. The ability is a steal for 250 ammo.
23 Sep 2014, 09:09 AM

It's actually quite high. The ability is a steal for 250 ammo.

The strafing run is in fact the exact same one as the opel strafe from Ostheer, except:

It does double damage per bullet (5 instead of 2.5) and has 100 penetration (instead of 2). Gets two planes instead of 1. And does all its attack runs in a few seconds instead of over 45 seconds.

And some people actually make the laughable claim that it is somehow weak. It's basically a squadwipe on anything inside the firing area, including all low health vehicles (it always wipes a full health ambulance or katyusha for instance)
23 Sep 2014, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 09:09 AMCruzz

The strafing run is in fact the exact same one as the opel strafe from Ostheer, except:

It does double damage per bullet (5 instead of 2.5) and has 100 penetration (instead of 2). Gets two planes instead of 1. And does all its attack runs in a few seconds instead of over 45 seconds.

And some people actually make the laughable claim that it is somehow weak. It's basically a squadwipe on anything inside the firing area, including all low health vehicles (it always wipes a full health ambulance or katyusha for instance)

Then Cruzz, you've had some amazing luck that I have not had. Because those planes only really manage to suppress and maybe kill one or two models for me.
23 Sep 2014, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 10:15 AMSierra

Then Cruzz, you've had some amazing luck that I have not had. Because those planes only really manage to suppress and maybe kill one or two models for me.

The numbers don't lie. The only way you are getting that few kills with that call-in is when you call it on on a sector with 1 squad in it, and the other player retreats instantly.
23 Sep 2014, 10:31 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Cruzz is telling the truth, the planes do alot of damage, just had a game where they completely demolished my forces.
23 Sep 2014, 19:00 PM
Patrion 14

Abdul, dude, calm your tits
23 Sep 2014, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 09:09 AMCruzz

The infantry dropping on the point afterward are the cherry on top.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★