Login

russian armor

Maxims are not useable right now

16 Sep 2014, 14:31 PM

So i just come out of a 2v2 where i used maxims .

biggest mistake ever . I lost every maxim squad i build because retreating is completly bugged on them.
whenever they retreat they setup again and the command gets cancled , as soon as i saw enemy blobs aproaching i retreated , yet one member dies and they set up again , i had a single maxim squad getting rekt by a single flanking squad because i had to retreat it 4 times! didnt help it would set up again and again , and each time i have to issue a new retreat command

like wtf is wrong with them
16 Sep 2014, 14:39 PM

Permanently Banned
I know this bug. However maxim spam is one of the 2 opening possibilites you have as soviet, so you have to deal with it.
16 Sep 2014, 14:39 PM

I know this bug. However maxim spam is one of the 2 opening possibilites you have as soviet, so you have to deal with it.

bullshit.
16 Sep 2014, 14:44 PM

Yeah it ois a real annoying bug. ive had maxims just stop retreating midway and you have to order them to retreat again :/
16 Sep 2014, 14:49 PM

bullshit.

Why? Sniper opening died?
16 Sep 2014, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 14:49 PMKatitof

Why? Sniper opening died?

Widen your horizon, stop listening to the same people and above all, play the damn game.
16 Sep 2014, 15:41 PM

Permanently Banned
if only this game were playable
16 Sep 2014, 15:48 PM

Widen your horizon, stop listening to the same people and above all, play the damn game.

I do. Regularly. On both sides.

If my soviet opponent opens with anything but a pair of maxims or M3/Snipers he is going to lose hard, and I will laugh merrily as he does so.
16 Sep 2014, 15:48 PM

Permanently Banned
Because soviet "infantry" aka cannon fodder conscripts are useful as main infantry. oh wait
16 Sep 2014, 16:21 PM

It wouldn't be a true relic patch if there weren't new bugs to discover.
16 Sep 2014, 16:25 PM

Yeah this patch is a really unpleasant experience so far for me.
I am barely playing the game atm
16 Sep 2014, 17:28 PM
Patrion 310

16 Sep 2014, 17:37 PM

A pair of maxims is not maxim 'spam' come on
16 Sep 2014, 22:37 PM

It wouldn't be a true relic patch if there weren't new bugs to discover.
Lol, QFT. This post is never wrong.

On-topic, I wonder what caused the bug. I've had MG crew stop retreating at least once in a game because of someone shot his friend. This seems like a stop gap solution to stop maxim spam for a while. I guess they might consider changing how some things in Soviet faction work next time?
17 Sep 2014, 12:56 PM

It's the symbiotic relationship between the support weapons and it's crew. Sometimes when a person dies the maxim goes into shock, which means it's wheels block.

It also happens to other support weapons, but as the ATGs are bigger and more mature, they are harder to shock. The MG42 and 34 are actually the most easy ones to scare, yet you hardly ever notice since they have no wheels. They sometimes position in the wrong direction though, simply because that forces the crewmember to pick them up again - they just want to be held.
17 Sep 2014, 13:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

It's the symbiotic relationship between the support weapons and it's crew. Sometimes when a person dies the maxim goes into shock, which means it's wheels block.

It also happens to other support weapons, but as the ATGs are bigger and more mature, they are harder to shock. The MG42 and 34 are actually the most easy ones to scare, yet you hardly ever notice since they have no wheels. They sometimes position in the wrong direction though, simply because that forces the crewmember to pick them up again - they just want to be held.

17 Sep 2014, 13:33 PM
Donator 11

+1 Sarantini

MilkaCow this still doesn't explain why the mg retreat bug is worse this patch. What on earth is the point of 'shock' on retreating squads? It's not a mechanic that can be taken advantage of intuitively, all it does is cause frustration.
17 Sep 2014, 13:58 PM

Guys, I was trolling for once :P

It's a bug and it's been reported a few times. We provided Relic with several replays on it already, but it seems it's by far not as easy to fix as it seems.

There seem to be quite a few bugs with retreats and support weapons in general that were magnified by WFA and some subsequent patches. Weapons getting stuck (feels like it happens less nowadays though, I know that was a huge issue at WFA release) and retreats canceling or units getting stuck on retreat. It's super annoying though.
17 Sep 2014, 16:35 PM

I do. Regularly. On both sides.

If my soviet opponent opens with anything but a pair of maxims or M3/Snipers he is going to lose hard, and I will laugh merrily as he does so.

I assume you're talking about 2v2, in which case I gotta say you're wrong. I've won games against good teams with 5 cons + molotovs as the soviet player. I actually find it way stronger than opening t1 or t2.
17 Sep 2014, 20:32 PM

Just had this bug. Retreated full health maxim against okw blob.... maxim sets up, runs 5 meter, sets up again, gunner gets killed, replaces gunner, runs 2 meters, sets up again.... dies and gets captured. And yes, this happened all on retreat. As SU you need maxims and this bug is killing the whole early game. I just lost at leat 5 games because of it in the last 2 days.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 457

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment