Login

russian armor

Are kubelwagens OP

PAGES (20)down
15 Sep 2014, 19:36 PM

Actually, the Kubel loses damage from closing in on it, the Kubel fires shorter bursts at close range. At long range the Kubel has the burst advantage, firing longer bursts. At close range the Kubel fires shorter bursts than the M3, and gets wrecked for it. A long range fight is RNG, but a close range fight should go to the M3.

Here is the final dps for this unit including burst, reload, and all the good stuff: near 17.4 far 4.8.
15 Sep 2014, 19:41 PM
Patrion 14

At long range the Kubel has the burst advantage, firing longer bursts. At close range the Kubel fires shorter bursts than the M3, and gets wrecked for it.
Didn't notice that, quite interesting.

Also, moving in with m3 and going past the Kubel will result in shooting at the Kubel with the rear gun, and forcing the Kubel to turn and lose its stationary bonus (what is the impact of stationary bonus other than supression?).

Then, if Kubel chooses not to move you can reverse to be in front of it, rinse and repeat.
15 Sep 2014, 19:53 PM

Didn't notice that, quite interesting.

Also, moving in with m3 and going past the Kubel will result in shooting at the Kubel with the rear gun, and forcing the Kubel to turn and lose its stationary bonus (what is the impact of stationary bonus other than supression?).

only suppression

Then, if Kubel chooses not to move you can reverse to be in front of it, rinse and repeat.

This is assuming the kubel is by itself, but most likely it will be accompanied by stumpioneers, in which case you just exposed your m3 weaker rear armor to them. In about 5 seconds your m3 will be dead.
15 Sep 2014, 19:58 PM

As a Soviet player I think that kubel is fine. It dies to M3A1 almost like it did before. Sadly it locks you to M3A1+Sniper cheese even more.
15 Sep 2014, 20:15 PM

Actually, the Kubel loses damage from closing in on it, the Kubel fires shorter bursts at close range. At long range the Kubel has the burst advantage, firing longer bursts. At close range the Kubel fires shorter bursts than the M3, and gets wrecked for it. A long range fight is RNG, but a close range fight should go to the M3.

Had to actually run the numbers, and well...your point is the correct one.

Kubel DPS at 1 pene with 100% accu: 47/41/39
M3 DPS at 1 pene with 100% accu: 51/35/25

So while the Kubel doesn't really give a shit what range it is at against the M3 DPS wise, the M3 very much wants to close in because it's long range performance is so bad relatively.

M3 < Kubel at long range, M3 = Kubel at midrange (total RNG fight), and M3 > Kubel at point blank. So knowing that the M3 has to rush in to actually win, you can just deal with it accordingly.
15 Sep 2014, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 20:15 PMCruzz

Had to actually run the numbers, and well...your point is the correct one.

Kubel DPS at 1 pene with 100% accu: 47/41/39
M3 DPS at 1 pene with 100% accu: 51/35/25

So while the Kubel doesn't really give a shit what range it is at against the M3 DPS wise, the M3 very much wants to close in because it's long range performance is so bad relatively.

M3 < Kubel at long range, M3 = Kubel at midrange (total RNG fight), and M3 > Kubel at point blank. So knowing that the M3 has to rush in to actually win, you can just deal with it accordingly.

In this test the assumption is that every shot will penetrate and the accuracy is 100%? Is that a realistic scenario, and how does that take into account their calculated dps values?
15 Sep 2014, 20:48 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 19:53 PMAbdul
This is assuming the kubel is by itself, but most likely it will be accompanied by stumpioneers, in which case you just exposed your m3 weaker rear armor to them. In about 5 seconds your m3 will be dead.
Yes, Kubel and Sturmpios in unison will destroy any single Soviet T1 squad or unit. I realize we are not comparing units in vacuum and you are right there, but if Sturmpios are nosing around to support the Kubel you should really have a Conscript or Penal squad inside the M3, which would absolutely murder the Kubel if they stayed at long range.
15 Sep 2014, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 20:45 PMAbdul

In this test the assumption is that every shot will penetrate and the accuracy is 100%? Is that a realistic scenario, and how does that take into account their calculated dps values?

No, the assumption is that accuracy is 100% (which is true for both m3 and kubel even if they are both moving at max range), while the resulting dps numbers are multiplied by penetration which works just fine because neither has enough penetration to overcome even rear armor on each other.

ie. those numbers are:

DPS with accuracy set to 1/1/1 and then multiplied by range appropriate penetration value
15 Sep 2014, 21:48 PM

So basically, Kubel lacks the M3's 15 fuel costs and doesn't require a tier, costs 50 MP more, is relatively equal in 1v1 to it, while also being faster, more manoeverable and having a big suppression mechanic.

The only advantage the M3 has is being able to carry a squad, looks like. Which is easily offset by the Kebel's suppression. If the Kubel is to stay that way, it needs a price bump. Or it needs to become less fast on its wheels so that you can actually flank it. Currently unless you have like 3 squads against a lone Kubel coming from 3 directions, they're not going to do much.

As Soviets it's beatable, if annoying. As US, however, it's basically invincible to whatever you do until the M30, flak HT or captain is out. That's a pretty big window where the OKW player can push you around with near impunity. Your only hope is to have lots of green cover or buildings nearby.
15 Sep 2014, 21:50 PM

Taking out Kübelwagen with the M3 is not very problematic, utilizing the back .50 cal of the M3 can melt down a Kübel quite effectively.
I flank them and drive behind them, since you have two .50 cals its not really a problem to position your M3 properly.

However us forces have no direct counter to it. Rifle company does a good job and a quick M20 is the best solution.
It's not really problematic if you can avoid blobbing and force the Kübel constantly to reposition.

With Ostheer you have to play a likewise strategy against M3 heavy play. Keep your units together and wait for T2.
Nobody does complain about that.

Most replies I read feel like "uhhh the Kübel finally turned viable from it's former piece of shit status, I actually have to adapt... NERF PLEASE"
15 Sep 2014, 21:57 PM

Taking out Kübelwagen with the M3 is not very problematic, utilizing the back .50 cal of the M3 can melt down a Kübel quite effectively.
I flank them and drive behind them, since you have two .50 cals its not really a problem to position your M3 properly.

However us forces have no direct counter to it. Rifle company does a good job and a quick M20 is the best solution.
It's not really problematic if you can avoid blobbing and force the Kübel contanstly to reposition.

With Ostheer you have to play a likewise strategy against M3 heavy play. Keep your units together and wait for T2.
Nobody does complain about that.

Most replies I read feel like "uhhh the Kübel finally turned viable from it's former piece of shit status, I actually have to adapt... NERF PLEASE"

Well I guess we could have say the same about the WC51, and it has been delayed to CP1 to satisfy people. Going M20 is a false good option since a wise OKW player will go T2 and make a Puma. Your M20 is on the field min5, his Puma min6-7, you have 1-2 minutes windows time to kill the kubel and say bye bye to your M20... and almost nothing to counter the Puma, the OKW just has to build a second kubel and keep it next to his Puma and now, you have stricly nothing to counter him :)

15 Sep 2014, 21:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Oh common guys.

Kubel was completely useless before. Now that it has somesort of role you want to nerf it into uselessness again....It can be overcome with semi decent micro. Its not a scalable unit at all. in 90% case its useless after first 5 minutes of game and it cant be used vs soviets that always go for maxim spam these days

Learn to adapt.
15 Sep 2014, 22:00 PM

What if you don't got tier 1 as soviets and don't pick rifle company as US?

Are there other counters to it?

I don't think soviets should have to go tier 1 to counter a tier 0 unit.
15 Sep 2014, 22:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thing people forget about is that OH have vet0 faust and MGs to dispose of a M3 opening.
AND that takes teching (you can see what he tech), enough time to prepare for it.
15 Sep 2014, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 21:57 PMEsxile

Well I guess we could have say the same about the WC51, and it has been delayed to CP1 to satisfy people. Going M20 is a false good option since a wise OKW player will go T2 and make a Puma. Your M20 is on the field min5, his Puma min6-7, you have 1-2 minutes windows time to kill the kubel and say bye bye to your M20... and almost nothing to counter the Puma, the OKW just has to build a second kubel and keep it next to his Puma and now, you have stricly nothing to counter him :)

So a quick puma is something new for you?
1-2 minutes are enough to hunt down a Kübelwagen and lay down a baiting mine for the puma. Rifle Grenades, Bazookas, Airborne AT gun drop... At minute 7 you have options to counter even a quick puma.

What if you don't got tier 1 as soviets and don't pick rifle company as US?

Are there other counters to it?

I don't think soviets should have to go tier 1 to counter a tier 0 unit.

That sounds like "I don't want to build Jackson and AT guns to counter heavy tanks".
You have a counter for a specific tactic, aren't you a ignorant person if you refuse to use it?

Ostheer needs also tier T2 to counter soviet t1.

Moreover if you haven't noticed it.... US Forces and OKW basically have one tier less, as their Main building acts as a T1 if you compare them to Ostheer and Soviets.

15 Sep 2014, 22:10 PM

Please no triple nerfs.

Acceleration could be lowered, fuel cost added, reduce damage as well while you're at it, don't need that, I need it to be a mobile supression platform. Which it currently is.

The problem is, early game I can have one mobile supression platform for every US squad on the field. This could be a fundamental problem (which did not come to the foreground before because the Kubel would do cartwheels around every rock and could not have been positioned properly).

If you lower its acceleration and damage the fuel cost won't be necessary as more than half of what these kids are griping about will have been nerfed/reduced.

Otherwise it's a triple nerf.
15 Sep 2014, 22:12 PM

So a quick puma is something new for you?
1-2 minutes are enough to hunt down a Kübelwagen and lay down a baiting mine for the puma. Rifle Grenades, Bazookas, Airborne AT gun drop... At minute 7 you have options to counter even a quick puma.

Yes a quick puma from a situation where I basically have had zero map control until 1 minute before it comes is new to me.

You will not be anywhere near 4cps for the atgun drop at this point. OKW player can shrek or mine your M20 path far better than you can mine his puma paths because he has all the munition from the map from the early game.
15 Sep 2014, 22:21 PM

I'm finding the new Kubel a problem mostly because as US I'm used to having an advantage until mid-late game, at which point I hopefully have already won or am at least in a good place to weather the rush of axis heavies.

With the new Kubelwagen, if they build a lot of them, and unless I'm backed by soviet m3s, I feel like I'm somewhat at a disadvantage until the US AT weapons arrive. It makes the US window of strength a lot shorter.

At least that's how I feel. I should try and adapt and see if I can find new ways to tackle it.

That sounds like "I don't want to build Jackson and AT guns to counter heavy tanks".
You have a counter for a specific tactic, aren't you a ignorant person if you refuse to use it?

Ostheer needs also tier T2 to counter soviet t1.

Moreover if you haven't noticed it.... US Forces and OKW basically have one tier less, as their Main building acts as a T1 if you compare them to Ostheer and Soviets.

So as double US I have to pick a particular doctrine in order to effectively counter a stock unit? Also OH teching is linear, soviets are supposed to have a choice.

I'm getting a bit of a "pick wrong doctrine/tier, lose" vibe from this.
15 Sep 2014, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 16:48 PMEsxile

Bazookas delay your T2 or T3 and a not reliable, it would be good if only it doesn't cost fuel to unblock them. And since it is now really easy for OWK to deny fuel, just send it to the USF fuel point and it's done for a good time.

The Gameplay and design issue here is USF shouldn't be the faction buying counters to be preserved from aggressive units in the first 5 minutes - otherwise, do not call it the Early domination faction anymore and give them good damn late game heavy tanks :)

Well said,now in 4v4 OKW can go where they want, just send to fast Kub to denied all the territories they wanted to occupy. The change was felt a max in 4vs4.
15 Sep 2014, 22:57 PM

Oh common guys.

Assault Engineers was completely useless before. Now that it has somesort of role you want to nerf it into uselessness again....It can be overcome with semi decent micro. Its not a scalable unit at all. in 90% case its useless after first 5 minutes of game.
Learn to adapt.

Same principle, but Assault Engies just got nerfed into the ground
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment